Different rules

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Table sizes

I learned to play on a coin op 3x6 and it was not a cheap table but rather a well made slate table that played good but you had to "think" small and concentrate on not hooking yourself.
I have been watching a few black ball match's and it seems that there are two different table dimensions. One is 3x6 and one is 3.5x7.....not much diff in size. Is there a preference or will it ever be standardized?

Last edited:

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've noticed this over the years as I've played in tourneys and leagues. Most tables I've played on are 7x4 with a playing surface of 6x3 but my league pub recently got an 8x4 (7x3.5) and I've even had to play on smaller than 7x4 with pockets that are set so far back they might as well be in a different room. Shocking to play on.

I've noticed this over the years as I've played in tourneys and leagues. Most tables I've played on are 7x4 with a playing surface of 6x3 but my league pub recently got an 8x4 (7x3.5) and I've even had to play on smaller than 7x4 with pockets that are set so far back they might as well be in a different room. Shocking to play on.

Barton reckons they're easy to play on, with massive pockets. Says made a ton of money gambling at it.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barton reckons they're easy to play on, with massive pockets. Says made a ton of money gambling at it.
What the 8x4s or the tables with the pockets half way down the m62?

8x4s are a piece of piss to play on...if they roll straight.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen an 8x4 in the UK. Are the bags more generous then?
Yeah without a doubt. Same size but the cusions and the cut of the pocket are more forgiving. Atleast this table is. You can actually make a ball down the line at fairly quick speed. Always a bonus. Not like them small 6x3s. Anything down the line stays out, albeit over the bag and if you really have to slam a ball in it would be nice for it to go in, and not bounce off the table.

kaylaemarx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This game is played with sixteen balls (a cue ball and fifteen object balls) on a small (6 ft x 3 ft or 7 ft x 4 ft) pool table with six pockets.

Ian-MMTV

Registered
ive played one one of the "TV" tables and they make a joke of the game. you can smash anything in from anywhere. i think the IPA will be sticking to supreme winners/prince 7x4 for there version of the worlds and all events which it should be... different game on the big tables....

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive played one one of the "TV" tables and they make a joke of the game. you can smash anything in from anywhere. i think the IPA will be sticking to supreme winners/prince 7x4 for there version of the worlds and all events which it should be... different game on the big tables....

They are Supremes..