Does music effect your play?

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot to add, though...

Today when I was involved in a good game, I didn't even notice the music or everything else around me. I think someone else had mentioned being in the "zone" or something. I'll have to say the "zone" is a nice place to be, it usually eludes me!

I have a friend who used to whoop my butt all the time. I'd get a few games but he always won in a race. One particular autumn night my friend and I were playing in a bar tournament. I was off to a good start.

Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" came up on the jukebox. For reasons I can't explain.. I really got into the song and was singing out loud making shot after shot and roaring "How does it feel?".

I got so pumped that it stayed with me. and before I knew it I had beaten my friend (and nemesis) 5-0.

Fats

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
I don't notice whether the music is playing or not. There is no such thing as a distraction; only poor concentration, and lack of focus. The only sounds I hear are the ball hitting the back of the pocket, or the filthy profanity I spew when it don't.

poolplayerpatti

poolplayerpatti
So Fats, I can relate with my Metallica story above. Concentration and focus is something I have to practice. I get distracted mostly by 'things people say' that I hear on the side, therefore, loud music that puts me in the zone can help me with that. One time in league play I had a break and run and I was so focused that when I made the 8 ball I didn't even realize I had a break and run until one of the guys watching said 'that's a break and run'!