Cash Games On TV.

MarcusG19

Future Best In Canada
Silver Member
Why not have more cash games on TV? How come we cant watch 4 great players playing a ring game for 100 dollars a game?
They show poker players playing high stakes poker for real money and people love it. They play skins games of golf. I've watched it plenty of times. I wanna watch SVB play Archer for 10-20-30 dollars a ball, or whatever. I just think it would be good for the game.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Why not have more cash games on TV? How come we cant watch 4 great players playing a ring game for 100 dollars a game?
They show poker players playing high stakes poker for real money and people love it. They play skins games of golf. I've watched it plenty of times. I wanna watch SVB play Archer for 10-20-30 dollars a ball, or whatever. I just think it would be good for the game.

if you wish really hard, it might come true.

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
call or visit espn and try to convince them that your idea will attract viewers and sell lots of commercial time and then let us know how your presentation went.

I personally like your idea and I would rather watch that than dog tricks (shots) magic or lets start clapping after every shot womens pool...

good luck..

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the few ring games that were shown on TV were pretty boring. They used a poker chip system and edited the hell out of it so you didn't get the flow of the match. I understand the editing for time but I like seeing every player.

Sidebar but I'm always hearing how TV tries to get or market to new viewers but how about securing your base before going after new viewers. I swear the people who ran McCain's campaign must organize pool on TV.

Live, Internet or Accu-stat's tape is the only way I watch pool you see the entire match. Commentary as hit and miss as it might be is far superior to anything TV offers.

The fact that it's a cash game format isn't important to me who's playing is what makes me watch (excellence is excellence).

Having said all of the above any cash match regardless of players always makes me wonder if the "fix" is on for the match you're either "in" and rich or "out" and broke.

MarcusG19

Future Best In Canada
Silver Member
All I know is that alot of people would rather watch two amateurs fihgt it out for 1000$ than to watch the two best players in the world play a tourny match