Last Gold Crown V?

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a year of construction my man cave/pool room is basically complete. Just need to hang the light and finish the baseboard trim. And hang a window blind.

I’ve been eyeing the Brunswick website for months and months, and noticed the GC V and VI we’re offered simultaneously. I like the looks of the V a bit better, and you can’t beat the price was lower for the V Tournament Edition than the VI standard.

Well, I’m a little obsessed, and after visiting the website I noticed the V isn’t listed anymore. Could I have purchased the last one from the warehouse? Is that even possible? I’m assuming there are dealerships that could have these in stock, but I had to order mine.

Don’t know if there are serial numbers and I’ve got no idea how many of these were even produced. Can’t find this information anywhere.

Attachments

• 4BB2455A-3A56-4A85-8C1B-32FA359F59F1.jpg
    4BB2455A-3A56-4A85-8C1B-32FA359F59F1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a year of construction my man cave/pool room is basically complete. Just need to hang the light and finish the baseboard trim. And hang a window blind.

I’ve been eyeing the Brunswick website for months and months, and noticed the GC V and VI we’re offered simultaneously. I like the looks of the V a bit better, and you can’t beat the price was lower for the V Tournament Edition than the VI standard.

Well, I’m a little obsessed, and after visiting the website I noticed the V isn’t listed anymore. Could I have purchased the last one from the warehouse? Is that even possible? I’m assuming there are dealerships that could have these in stock, but I had to order mine.

Don’t know if there are serial numbers and I’ve got no idea how many of these were even produced. Can’t find this information anywhere.
I would guess that there's probably new GC5's in some store's around the country. Factory could be out by now.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great! The table, the floor and the stucco wall all look fantastic!

As far as whether or not they are still making the GC V, I'm like you, I comb the Brunswick site about once a week or so and didn't notice the GC V being dropped until now. I would guess the same as above, that they are no longer being made.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
On the earlier GC's Brunswick put a raised bead weld date, on the underside of the pocket irons. I'm sure a table mechanic might help you with where they put that stamp date. I'm sure the bead weld is no longer, too expensive and time consuming. Table looks good, exactly like the ones they installed in a room in Colorado Springs at least 7 yrs ago.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 5 is as nice or nicer than the 6...simply owners preference. Enjoy your cave. Good luck with it.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my gold crown is 5
the pockets are too tight for my taste

i prefer to hit balls that go in i think i am trding mine in on a 5 inch pocket centennial

other than that i really like the 5

it looks better and would probably please the more modern player

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table looks good, exactly like the ones they installed in a room in Colorado Springs at least 7 yrs ago.

Do you remember where that was? I’ve been looking for some modern 9footers since I moved back to COS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my gold crown is 5
the pockets are too tight for my taste

i prefer to hit balls that go in i think i am trding mine in on a 5 inch pocket centennial

other than that i really like the 5

it looks better and would probably please the more modern player

What about just buying some stock 5 inch corner GC V rails from Brunswick to go with those pro-cuts you have now. You can install the standard (5 in) rails, and later on when those 5 inch corners get to be too big and not challenging enough, you can then install your pro-cuts again. That added flexibility of having both stock and pro-cut rails will make that table more attractive to both the casual and serious players if you ever decide to sell it.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Do you remember where that was? I’ve been looking for some modern 9footers since I moved back to COS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved outta C/Spgs 4 years ago, so I don't think I can help BUT I may have and idea. A friend of mine RIP was one of the major investor of this multi million dollar bowing center (The Summit Interquest). MODERN/VERY.....bowling alley, laser tag and bar and 6 new GC V's, well no one played on the NEW 9' GC pool tables so they removed em, where are they? Have no clue. Might be worth a call, they could be in storage. Good luck. This place off on the west side of I 25 just next too Tinseltown/theaters? before the Air Force Academy entrance road.

Last edited:

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And we’ve got light!

Attachments

• 48CFD06A-006D-49B2-B2A2-41783A5B45F4.jpg
    48CFD06A-006D-49B2-B2A2-41783A5B45F4.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 198