Overseas Shipping

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow AZ members.

Purchased an item from another another AZ member who is located in Asia.

Item was shipped on May 21 and I was provided with a tracking # which is basically useless because the system is never updated.

So it is now approaching 1 month and I have not received the item I paid for nor can I locate its current location.

I have been in communication with the seller and he was told that with the COVID 19 pandemic things are moving slower.

Any suggestions? Just be patient and hope it arrives? Let me know what you think.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shipped something to Australia April 20 and it just arrived last Saturday. Normally it takes 2-3 weeks.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest risk is if the cue has anything that even resembles ivory like the ferrules, the joint, cue butt
or any inlay designs. If ICE examines the package, which happens with pretty much anything entering
or leaving our country, you have a problem that no one can tell you what will happen until after it does.

Everyone knows it’s against the Federal law to ship anything containing any ivory into or out of the USA.
The exceptions are clearly defined & pool cues aren’t something that qualifies for CITES exempt status.
So keep your fingers crossed & deal with the mental anguish because the final outcome could be awful
if the cue did contain ivory. Like I wrote, no one can predict what will happen until it actually does.

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shipping

No Ivory Involved in the Purchase

I would not have even considered that.

Fingers are crossed but at what point do you say OK this taken long enough?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I order a small Cigar Cutter Sissors made in India, off a E-bay seller in Austrailia. A week after item was shipped, seller got it back, apprently all mail to USA from Australia is on hold. Seller issued prompt refund.

Covid - 19 is make life misriable for shipping companies, and people expecting items.

Guy who started this thread did not say if item was large or small, if large it will move slower. If an envelope just slow.

If shipping embargo Australlia to USA is lifted, I will reorder my Sissors's.

Last edited:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I ordered an item from the U.S.at the end of April and it took 6 weeks to get to London. I just received it yesterday. It was stuck at the Chicago International Distribution Center for 5 weeks. This was USPS.

I’d suggest using UPS, FEDEX or DHL instead.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered an extension from China 2 months ago. It took 40 days.

Last edited: