meucci pro shaft 12.5mm vs Kantana 12.5mm?

scassidy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking to purchase a new shaft and have narrowed it down to these 2. The meucci pro shaft at 12.5mm or the Katana 1 shaft at 12.5mm.
The main thing I am wondering is what is the difference in deflection between these 2 shafts and which one is lower? I will be switching to one of these from a pure x htx ld shaft at 12.5mm that I have been playing with for a few years now. I don't want a long adjustment period to get use to a new shaft so trying to fig6out which one of these shafts would be closer in deflection to the players hxt shaft. basically lower deflection, yet still has some deflection.
Anyone have any experience with these 2 shafts?

billiard dave 7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Meucci Pro shaft from PoolDawg listed as a 12.5, and it came at 12.9+. When I called to xchange I was told that they only come at 13 regardless what was advertised. I tried taking it down to 12.75 and I didn't like it.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking to purchase a new shaft and have narrowed it down to these 2. The meucci pro shaft at 12.5mm or the Katana 1 shaft at 12.5mm.
The main thing I am wondering is what is the difference in deflection between these 2 shafts and which one is lower? I will be switching to one of these from a pure x htx ld shaft at 12.5mm that I have been playing with for a few years now. I don't want a long adjustment period to get use to a new shaft so trying to fig6out which one of these shafts would be closer in deflection to the players hxt shaft. basically lower deflection, yet still has some deflection.

Honestly everyone had different opinions on the playability/feel of shafts, you're better off trying each and seeing what works better for u.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Meucci Pro shaft from PoolDawg listed as a 12.5, and it came at 12.9+. When I called to xchange I was told that they only come at 13 regardless what was advertised. I tried taking it down to 12.75 and I didn't like it.

This is a weird story to me, I’ve never ordered a cue from pooldawg and I play with the pro shaft from Meucci, I have maybe 5 or 6 pro shaft because I also order for my friend who keeps his cue at my place.

And I got a caliber, all of them are 12.5 mm and one is 12.6mm, the margin of the allowable error which is fine, Meucci says their shaft is 12.5mm and they provide what they claim.

So I’m not sure what the pooldawg are on about, again their statement is very strange to me, buy the pro shaft from budget cues and you’ll get your 12.5 authentic the pro shaft.

I’m not saying that pooldawg is not authentic but it is just strange that they gave you a 12.9 and then claim that all of them are 13 which they’re not.

The only thing I can think of is that they sent you the pro bar box shaft which is made by Meucci too and it should be. 13mm shaft, it is identical to the pro shaft but created for the bar box table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a weird story to me, I’ve never ordered a cue from pooldawg and I play with the pro shaft from Meucci, I have maybe 5 or 6 pro shaft because I also order for my friend who keeps his cue at my place.

And I got a caliber, all of them are 12.5 mm and one is 12.6mm, the margin of the allowable error which is fine, Meucci says their shaft is 12.5mm and they provide what they claim.

So I’m not sure what the pooldawg are on about, again their statement is very strange to me, buy the pro shaft from budget cues and you’ll get your 12.5 authentic the pro shaft.

I’m not saying that pooldawg is not authentic but it is just strange that they gave you a 12.9 and then claim that all of them are 13 which they’re not.

The only thing I can think of is that they sent you the pro bar box shaft which is made by Meucci too and it should be. 13mm shaft, it is identical to the pro shaft but created for the bar box table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ Wiley gave me a Meucci Pro shaft that was made for him by Bob Meucci. It was 12.5mm.

billiard dave 7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it sounded strange, chalked it off to some one who didn't know what they were talking about but I was done dealing with him.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's bs. The regular Pro is 12.5 and the BarBoxPro is a 13mm.

scassidy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly everyone had different opinions on the playability/feel of shafts, you're better off trying each and seeing what works better for u.

That's not an option unfortunately, but I would love to try them both. I don't care about percieved playability, just the difference in deflection between the two.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why those two? Have you played with them? Why deflection concern? Just a lower deflection does not mean you will make more balls with it. If you don't want to have an adjustment just stick with your shaft unless you are OK with buying stuff to try to see if you like it. You want a shaft that is close to your current one, why not just keep your current one? I never played with a Katana, but the Meucci shafts is at the bottom of my list. I tried a few and like both the Players HXT shafts I have better.