The new AzBilliards

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
I like it!, love the green layout, no problems at all for me, everything running real smooth and seems tobe faster also!

Thanks for the upgrade AZB!:)

David Harcrow

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Mike is it possible to have the Wanted/For Sale section divided into categories or sub forums like Cues, Cases, Books/DVD, Accessories, and so on along with price points for cues like under $200 or less, 200-500 and 500-1000 and 1000 on up? I would also recommend having it so people cannot post an item for sale in there unless they are a Club Member or be limited to being able to only post once or twice a year. I think it would clean it up a bit, make it easy to navigate and also generate monies for the site. No charge for buyers to look though obviously. Thanks for doing this major overhaul.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
On my phone, I cannot see Ask the Pro's, or Ask the Instructors.

When I first asked you earlier, I was still using v3, so I tried v4, hoping that was it.

No soup.

I'll have to check those sub forums on the pc when I get home, I guess.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure this is a helluva project. Good luck with everything.

And i screwed up the quote, too. Sheesh, what a day.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I like the new look, but it isn't fitting my screen. I have to scroll right to read everything (like you would if there was a giant picture in the thread).

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
New features on the forums? No.

New features on the main site? Yes. Just go to azbilliards.com and explore a little. Not only is the data much better organized, but you can find some new features there.

And we have more things in the pipeline.

Mike

aside from looking a bit different, are there any fun new features or toys to play with?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Love it. The forum looks wonderful, like the new site and the matching forums. Being able to access everything from one page is great.

Now, I have one request that is more social than technical. I would like to see more moderators pulled from the community we have here.

That way the workload is shared and flame wars can be stamped out before they go anywhere. In my opinion at some point this place can be and should be the most important hub for pool worldwide, or least for American pool.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I'm liking the new design.(Tech 4) The tech 3 & V Bulletin look more like "traditional" forum layouts. I had no problems logging in & the screen size fits my 17" screen just fine !
I like how it matches the main AZ page too. Everything else seems the same (at 1st glance). Great job so far ! :smile:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback. Apparently it acts in a different way depending on the browser used. We've noticed it. Some has to do with the limitation of the forum engine, some with the CSS styling.

We're going to work on the forums in the coming days to blend them even more into the site and try increase the quality of User Experience.

the CSS styling is very nice and no bugs or load time issues i'm on a MacBook Pro and its perfect, you guys really did your homework on this one.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Mike any chance to get a significantly higher PM storage for Gold members. It's really frustrating to have to constantly prune this box daily.

Every PM generates several back and forth responses and 150 pms is reached quickly.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I would like to see more moderators pulled from the community we have here.

I would second that. Dave seems a bit overworked trying to keep up with everything.

Also: I would like to see some extra levels added to the current ranking system once the rest of the site is complete:

Industry (for verified members)
Instructor (for verified instructors)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned already:

When you type in your screen name and password to login, you should be able to hit "ENTER" on keyboard without having to click on the login button.

The "default action" should be on that login button. I know it seems trivial, but it makes the login sequence way better.

Dave

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great job!

Absolutely love the new AZBilliards! Bravo to Mike, JP and Jerry on all their hard work. Seeing how far this site has progressed over the past 16 or so years is a true testiment to the energy that Mike and everyone involved has put into the sport. Now...go take a wee rest, maybe a vacay somewhere guys...put your feet up for a couple of days. Well deserved. :) Holly