Message from JOHNNY ARCHER

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, it's okay for a player in charge to @#%^ another player, just as long as we don't know about it. That's what you mean, right? That's why "pro pool" sucks a big, fat donkey weiner. You want to know what's right about it? People like JCIN and his crew working hard to put a good product out there. People like Mark Griffin working hard to put a good tournament and league out there. People like those here at AZB working hard to put together and maintain a good site.

I don't like to support organizations that @#$% somebody because they just don't like them. That's my business, you can go ahead and support CW screwing people over.

I never once said I thought it was ok, what I said was if it were made public it should have been done by Johnny or Mike not someone who had nothing to do with it.

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IN PART

Hi everyone. I am sorry i have been so absent from the forums. I want to address some issues about me and the things that i have been involved in the past few years in pool. There have been a very positive change in pool in the past 60 days.

I know there have been a lot of questions that have went unanswered for a long time. I am here to answer them now.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. We will bring a lot of things out in the open. Thanks, Johnny 'Scorpion' Archer

Just a few thoughts/comments that end with a couple of questions. I would appreciate an answer even if it is only "I can't comment"

I am not sure if I have (or if anyone else can have) any questions that do not fall under the gag imposed by the confidentiality agreements.

I am of the opinion that one of the few smart approaches that BB management took was to recruit a couple of high profile, respected players to drink the kool-aid and lead the cheers. Without them this may never have gotten past the “I have a dream that is stuck in Winnipeg” stage.

I was initially not keen on the idea of BB introducing a whole new game etc. but after taking the time to understand it, I quite liked it. I enjoyed the team aspect of the competition and the interaction between the players. Whatever else one might think, the fact is the players did a damn good job and all of them should be applauded for that; even the cheer leaders. The players held up their side of the equation beyond anyone’s expectation.

However, Johnny Archer was elected to head an organization that he was also a founding member of in respect of the APB. This organization was created to protect the interests of the members and to be a mechanism to promote the majority viewpoint of that organization.

My questions, to you, Johnny Archer, are simple, looking for your opinion only;

Is there a chance BB can survive?

Did you ever have any paid duties in support of BB other than that of player?

If you did would you consider yourself to be in a conflict of interest with your duties as the head of the APB?

Questions submitted with all due respect.

JJ94

Registered
Johnny, you can go get all the sponsors you want. But when one of the top named players on the tour/organization publicly has a tantrum ala Earl in Milwaukee. There goes that sponsor away. What, if any ramifications is the ABP going to have for players who make the tour/organization look bad and what about players who already have documented histories of bad behavior?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you think harsch words towards competitors disqualifies a person from being professional in the sport he plays?

man...you should check out the world of ice hockey and (not american-) football. sportsmen earning half a million dollars a week, who are telling their "fellow" pros to ¤¤¤¤ off and shove a ¤¤¤¤ing ¤¤¤¤ in their mothers ¤¤¤ and drink ¤¤¤¤ while ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ some ¤¤¤¤. these people are still pros.

being a pro isn't necessarily being a good sportsman towards everybody 24/7.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jhanso18...I agree with you. That said, it's always been this way among the pro players. Everybody is out for #1...and there is no team. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Never has been any different, and I'm not sure there ever will be. It seems to be the nature of the beast. I'm with you though, and would like to see the pros succeed, at least to the point where they could make a decent living doing what they are best at...playing pool. They certainly have no business or communication skills that make them stand out.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I usually agree with you. I'm glad this was made public. It actually shines a glaring light at the REAL problem with Pro pool. It's not professional at all. Little cliques running around making moves, and this guys screwing that guys, and blah, blah, blah... The long and short is that for Pro pool to work ALL the players need to be on board, and on the same page. As of right now, its a monkey shit fight at the zoo...

I laugh every time I hear people act like this pro, and that pro are just GREAT people, and can do no wrong. They are all still humans, and pool players at that. They all have many faults, and have done some less that honorable things. It's life.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if mike d was smart he would have kept this to himself and worked it out in private with JA. Sometimes leaders have to lay the hammer down! <<< the real world and not the internet forum world.

he aint and continues to shit on himself. if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. tht didnt happen either MD will get shut up someday by someone the hard way., personally i got no beef with MD, I've just been around long enough to have seen his type come and go-sometimes the hardway. I warned him, and he ignored me. So i have no sympathy for him.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have sent business Mike's way simply because I respect the fact he goes his own way. I will do more in the future.

The idea that someone should just shut up because some person or group tells them too really grinds my gears.

funny how things change remember the $3000?????? Did you change your mind about that? I stood for MD on that and still do, i took lots of heat for that, lots. He was shook down like a criminal, per someones request. remember-i do.

i might be old and sloppy and analog, but good god do I have a memory. Funny how people change and history is rewritten to accommodate their current feelings.

and pool shall succeed......LOL

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
funny how things change remember the $3000?????? Did you change your mind about that? I stood for MD on that and still do, i took lots of heat for that, lots. He was shook down like a criminal, per someones request. remember-i do.

i might be old and sloppy and analog, but good god do I have a memory. Funny how people change and history is rewritten to accommodate their current feelings.

and pool shall succeed......LOL

I remember it very well. I would do the exact same thing today that I did then. For some reason you act like you have something over me. You don't. You loaned us a camera (which is on the shelf its been on for the last three years) and $1500 (which was repaid) years ago. Send me an address and I'll ship it wherever you want.

I have no problem discussing publicly anything I have done in this business. The good thing about being honest is you don't have to remember your lies.

Just send me that address and we can go our separate ways.

This is usually the part where you threaten to start a pool biz and put TAR out of business. Shouldnt be too hard to do now. There is a really nice studio right around the corner you could probably get cheap.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Based on the BCA points posted below and 1 event left! Mike D is a sure thing for MOSCONI CUP? Given your statement in the TEXT messages, one of the two of you are out this year! How will this be decided?

I must say this now! If PRESSURE is used to manipulate the Mosconi Cup and someone that is deserving based on MERIT is denied TV exposure as a result, I WILL BOYCOTT on general principle. I am sure the PR department at MATCHROOM does not want any bad PUBLICITY! I am certain others HERE feel the same way! God don't like Ugly!

As ABP President! What have you done to eliminate these ETHICAL issues mentioned below?

There are SEVERAL scenario’s that are possible for corruption and underhanded behavior and those scenario’s don’t have to exist!!!!

Scenario 1: Someone is in the Hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and the powers that be go behind closed doors and stack the road to the US OPEN extremely hard via the Seeding and lack of a REAL DRAW for the person they don’t want to win!!!

Scenario 2: Someone is in the hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and pay a person to take a dive so they can get the few points they need for the extra CASH!!!

Scenario 3: Someone is in the hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and behind closed doors draw Elmur Fudd, then Miss Piggy followed by Daffy Duck and are purposely placed on the softest side of the board to help them get the Mosconi cup slot! intended for them!!

Scenario 4: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 players to captain selection!!!

Scenario 5: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 to Mosconi Cup MVP automatic slot:

Scenario 6:Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 to Matchroom choice!

Scenario 7: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden 2 more events are added to the calculation! So, intended player has more chances to win the slot!

Scenario 8: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden some events they did well in are worth less points and some events others did good in are worth more! Changing the outcome!

Scenario 9: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden there is a drastic change in how many points 1st to last are awarded. Same money added and same field but 1st gets 100 points and the other event was awarded 200 points all things equal. But, hey the intended person is now in the points lead.

KD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.59.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.59.02 PM.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 694

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember it very well. I would do the exact same thing today that I did then. For some reason you act like you have something over me. You don't. You loaned us a camera (which is on the shelf its been on for the last three years) and $1500 (which was repaid) years ago. Send me an address and I'll ship it wherever you want.

I have no problem discussing publicly anything I have done in this business. The good thing about being honest is you don't have to remember your lies.

Just send me that address and we can go our separate ways.

This is usually the part where you threaten to start a pool biz and put TAR out of business. Shouldnt be too hard to do now. There is a really nice studio right around the corner you could probably get cheap.

i gave you the camera, i never asked for it back, i have no use for it. I just wanted to help out. I always and still do believe in what you do, I miss Chad(i know he wasnt involved much when he passed away),

I have no problems with you at all, I just thought it was odd you hated MD and now he is cool-thats ok too. Its cool to change your mind about someone. I did as well, i wrote him off. He signed on with you, good for him. i have ZERO respect for him and it has ZERO to do with JA, i have my own reasons. you were right years ago about him and I was wrong. i should have listened to you then. i still know he didnt steal the $3000. He is honest about that.

I hope you grab the studio around the corner, I wouldnt go back to that disease of a town for all the $$$ in the world., GAME OVER i left Vegas amd aint looking back., I got out of it what i needed and used it up,

I want nothing for the best for you and TAR in the future.

I really dont give a ratts ass about pool much anymore, i been on here LOTS recemtly because i cut my foot and havent had much to do. I mite leave pool like I did in 95-poof, Fatboy disappeared. mite happen again, got better things to do soon. Pool is cool when everything else is on hold, well i'm in action again(in real life) so not sure about pool:confused:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the BCA points posted below and 1 event left! Mike D is a sure thing for MOSCONI CUP? Given your statement in the TEXT messages, one of the two of you are out this year! How will this be decided?

I must say this now! If PRESSURE is used to manipulate the Mosconi Cup and someone that is deserving based on MERIT is denied TV exposure as a result, I WILL BOYCOTT on general principle. I am sure the PR department at MATCHROOM does not want any bad PUBLICITY! I am certain others HERE feel the same way! God don't like Ugly!

As ABP President! What have you done to eliminate these ETHICAL issues mentioned below?

There are SEVERAL scenario’s that are possible for corruption and underhanded behavior and those scenario’s don’t have to exist!!!!

Scenario 1: Someone is in the Hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and the powers that be go behind closed doors and stack the road to the US OPEN extremely hard via the Seeding and lack of a REAL DRAW for the person they don’t want to win!!!

Scenario 2: Someone is in the hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and pay a person to take a dive so they can get the few points they need for the extra CASH!!!

Scenario 3: Someone is in the hunt for the Mosconi Cup spot and behind closed doors draw Elmur Fudd, then Miss Piggy followed by Daffy Duck and are purposely placed on the softest side of the board to help them get the Mosconi cup slot! intended for them!!

Scenario 4: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 players to captain selection!!!

Scenario 5: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 to Mosconi Cup MVP automatic slot:

Scenario 6:Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden it is switched from top 5 to Matchroom choice!

Scenario 7: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden 2 more events are added to the calculation! So, intended player has more chances to win the slot!

Scenario 8: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden some events they did well in are worth less points and some events others did good in are worth more! Changing the outcome!

Scenario 9: Someone wins a spot and all of a sudden there is a drastic change in how many points 1st to last are awarded. Same money added and same field but 1st gets 100 points and the other event was awarded 200 points all things equal. But, hey the intended person is now in the points lead.

KD

window is open he MD aint on the M-cup. PM me how much you want to bet

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
window is open he MD aint on the M-cup. PM me how much you want to bet

So, you are COOL with cheating him? He is WAY ahead in points! What do you believe in???

Certainly is not JUSTICE!!! Beat him out if Archer wants his spot! Don't just PULL some strings to have him ostrichsized from the sport and from making a living for himself! Pretty F'ed up!

Blow back from all of this on Johnny and fan perception will be bad! Best bet fans and sponsors aren't fools and oblivious to the shenanigans!

KD

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
i gave you the camera, i never asked for it back, i have no use for it. I just wanted to help out. I always and still do believe in what you do, I miss Chad(i know he wasnt involved much when he passed away),

I have no problems with you at all, I just thought it was odd you hated MD and now he is cool-thats ok too. Its cool to change your mind about someone. I did as well, i wrote him off. He signed on with you, good for him. i have ZERO respect for him and it has ZERO to do with JA, i have my own reasons. you were right years ago about him and I was wrong. i should have listened to you then. i still know he didnt steal the $3000. He is honest about that.

I hope you grab the studio around the corner, I wouldnt go back to that disease of a town for all the $$$ in the world., GAME OVER i left Vegas amd aint looking back., I got out of it what i needed and used it up,

I want nothing for the best for you and TAR in the future.

I really dont give a ratts ass about pool much anymore, i been on here LOTS recemtly because i cut my foot and havent had much to do. I mite leave pool like I did in 95-poof, Fatboy disappeared. mite happen again, got better things to do soon. Pool is cool when everything else is on hold, well i'm in action again(in real life) so not sure about pool:confused:

I dont hate anyone in this game. If I believed Mike was a bad guy I would have not had anything to do with him at all. I have done that with other people in this game. The situation you brought up was a long time ago and it was a mess. No one knows what happened. Everyone involved moved on.

Mike can piss people off like a champion. Most of that I chalk up to being young and good at what he does. Its not unusual. What is going on between him and Johnny is a personal thing. We all have those people we cant stand. As long as Mike treats customers well and plays hard I don't have an issue with him on a professional level. I respect the fact he thinks for himself. If he steps on his d!ck I will call him on that too.

He and I have went round and round sometimes in public. The fact he doesnt run off and talk shit endlessly behind my back but is willing to hash it out goes a long way with me.

This industry is so small its easy for everyone in it to take things personal. I am very guilty of this but have made a conscious decision to change that and simply treat everyone in it on a professional level. I have enough friends. No need to mix business and personal past a certain point.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
no one can "pull any strings" and make Barry Hearn do anything he doesn't want to do.

So, you are COOL with cheating him? He is WAY ahead in points! What do you believe in???

Certainly is not JUSTICE!!! Beat him out if Archer wants his spot! Don't just PULL some strings to have him ostrichsized from the sport and from making a living for himself! Pretty F'ed up!

Blow back from all of this on Johnny and fan perception will be bad! Best bet fans and sponsors aren't fools and oblivious to the shenanigans!

KD

I will assure you no one can "pull any strings" and make Barry Hearn do anything he doesn't want to do......there's simply no chance of that, especially on the 20th Anniversary.

Mike is a severe underdog getting a spot on the Mosconi Cup for various reasons, NONE of them have anything to do with Johnny Archer. This year is very special because it's the 20th Anniversary so it will be 100% based on entertainment and show quality, nothing more, nothing less. MatchRoom/Barry Hearn
article-0-047B26520000044D-39_468x286.jpg
wants the best show this year and that's why Earl is involved and SKY SPORTS is doing the documentary on him. That's also why we are doing the MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE Documentary as well.....it's all about timing in "show business," and the hottest player this year will be EARL....and whether you like him or not, he's earned this time in the spotlight.

The Game is the Teacher