What year were the gold crown 3’s made

I miss alot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just trying to find out what year the gold crown 3’s we’re first produced and how long they were made till.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
1976-1997

I believe the Gold Crown III to be the least favorable of the Gold Crown line.

I prefer the 3 over 1 & 2. There are a large number of 3's out there and 3 different versions. Longest production run of all the GC's.

4 & 5 are my favorites. 6 they took out most of the levelers in the frame. I like the look of the 6 a lot though!

Trent from Toledo

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I prefer the 3 over 1 & 2. There are a large number of 3's out there and 3 different versions. Longest production run of all the GC's.

4 & 5 are my favorites. 6 they took out most of the levelers in the frame. I like the look of the 6 a lot though!

Trent from Toledo

I like the I and II far better than the III, for the following reasons.

-The threaded rail inserts on the III are junk.
-The pocket castings almost always come loose.
-Also, the pocket castings from the late I's through the production of the III's are all of a lightweight design, which easily bend.
-The III aluminum components (pocket castings, feet, trim) had a horrible coating, which almost always looks terrible (without refinishing).
-The slate liners on the III are thin, and usually cut out at the rail bolt locations.
-The frame design of the III is weaker at the ends.

All that said, the III can still be a very nice table. But, I think that they often require more work than a I or II.