Who's your favorite "Pro" and Why?

Pangit

Banned
Don't even start with Earl Strickland... ANY redeeming quality left there???? He has a personality only a mother could love.

Ralf Souquet, he's always measured. Seldom over hits anything, always respectful, Win or Lose.

Either he or Alex Pagulayan has the "coolest" head in Pro Pool?

And Ralf has a nice "haircut" as well.

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Orcollo...coz he plays like a robot

Corey Deuel ...his stroke is so smooth but so deadly

The last but not the least...Efren Reyes..because he is so lucky!

Cujopro

Registered
Alex Pagulayan. Because He's very complete. Good tournament player, good money player , one of the best all-around players (2nd to Efren), great attitude etc.... I've also been very fortunate to see him evolve into the player he is today , from when he first came to Canada at age 15.

bhale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it's a tie between SVB and Ralf Souquet. I enjoy watching both play and studying their "players personality", how they think about each shot and the confidence they exude when they make a shot. If only I.......

Brian:)

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a hard one:
Orcollo because he makes the game look so easy and hes a gentleman. Never see him ever get out of line.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Players

I really enjoy Corey and Ralf because of their stroke, attitude and consistency. I also like Johnny, Efren and Django for having so much experience at the table. Last but not least Alex, for his power to enjoy every game no matter what.

Chris

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim Duncan. Why? After so many years he still has a passion for the game and pushes himself. He goes about his game with a professional manner, it is never about him. He cares about the game and about his team winning.

Kelly

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Ralf Souquet - sportsman extra ordinaire - great ambassador for pool -hyperfocused, precision play

John Brumback - consummate pro and a real gentleman - great ambassador for pool - can bank your eyeballs into spheres of fire - he's American :smile:

Irving Crane - badass

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't even start with Earl Strickland... ANY redeeming quality left there???? He has a personality only a mother could love.

Ralf Souquet, he's always measured. Seldom over hits anything, always respectful, Win or Lose.

Either he or Alex Pagulayan has the "coolest" head in Pro Pool?

And Ralf has a nice "haircut" as well.

Buddy Hall! Because he is my friend, plus he has 12 would championships and was 5 time pool player of the year in the world. The only player to beat Efren when he came to the USA. Won a tournament last week. Still teaches and plays pool great! Very nice guy and pro pool player. Just Google Buddy Hall pool player! And sit back and read and look at videos!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
svb cuz of his swagger at the table.

orcollo cuz of his cool head and robotic like playing (everythings always perfect)

Thorsten Hohmann cuz of his cool name

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Two contrasting styles

But I like Rodney Morris - Nice easy style, fast paced, makes it look easy.

And Ralf Souquet - The consummate professional, always tough, always a gentleman.

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
The pro's

My List
#1 Tony Robles - Cool, Calm even Player
#2 Rodney Morris - aggressive
#3 Frankie Hernandes - My type of Gambler

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
All the pros have strong strokes. That in itself is not what impresses me. What impresses me is how a pro conducts himself away from the table. My favorite players are Jim Rempe, Nick Varner and Francisco Bustamante. Each time that I have met them they have always presented themselves as real gentelman. They are always respectful to the people around them. They are the classiest of the men pros that I have met. And so they are tops in my book.

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alison Fisher cuz shes the most dominant female pool player of her era and shes has a strange hotness to her too. Fun to watch play

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Alex is about the perfect mix of entertaining, respectful, and unimaginable skill.

Ralf is an unbelievably great player but he is also low on personality at the table and boring as sin to watch.

Bustamante has always been a pretty exciting guy to watch play with his huge stroke and mad skills, he also has a great pressence at the table.

Efren is WAY up there on entertainment simply because of the shots he pulls out.

Yang is a awesome guy to watch as are alot of the other Taiwanese elite level pros because they play the game at a level that IMO no other country plays it at, pure techincally perfect professional pool.

My personal favorite to watch though, Yu Ram Cha...

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorites in no particular order

1. Earl (when he is on, he makes pool look so easy)

2. Corey Deuel (very smooth way of playing, rarely gets flustered)

3. Morris (very relaxed at the table and wastes no time)

4. Bustamante (very unique stroke)

5. LeeVan Corteza (makes playing pool look like a casual walk through the park)