Nothing to be a shamed of GENE!

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most players nowadays will not even get up and play because if they lose their egos would be destroyed!

Even know it wasnt close i give GENE tons of credit for getting up there and trying!

After all. name any other pro player that would give up home field and play on the other players table, not many if any!

Bartram is for sure a much better player then Gene and it showed!

Keep ur head up Gene you took on a giant and got beat, but atlease you know were you stand now!

It would take one of the best players in the world to go in there and beat Bartram on his table, and iam not so sure they would win either, if they did beat Bart in his pool room i believe it would be a hell of a battle and most pro players are not looking for battles like that!

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Most players nowadays will not even get up and play because if they lose their egos would be destroyed!

Even know it wasnt close i give GENE tons of credit for getting up there and trying!

After all. name any other pro player that would give up home field and play on the other players table, not many if any!

Bartram is for sure a much better player then Gene and it showed!

Keep ur head up Gene you took on a giant and got beat, but atlease you know were you stand now!

It would take one of the best players in the world to go in there and beat Bartram on his table, and iam not so sure they would win either, if they did beat Bart in his pool room i believe it would be a hell of a battle and most pro players are not looking for battles like that!

Well...

Gene is a fine player. I'm sure Gene could travel around and beat short stops and do fine. But he was barking up the wrong tree. And he did that for a long time. I think he DOES have something to be ashamed of. He's talked a whole lot of talk for a few years now about Chris. He also used Chris to sell his instructions. Chris put him in his place and it wasn't even close. The first day, Geno was LUCKY to get past 6 games. For someone who has talked that much sh*t for the past 3 years, he certainly has something to be ashamed of.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
You can't strike out if you never step up to the plate. It takes courage to put yourself out there, even if things don't work out.

Bartrum is just a dead solid player with a great mental attitude. If he was a golfer, he'd win 2x a year on the Web.com tour, but just never quite pull off a PGA tour victory in a full field of killers. The best in both games are just so damn good you need to be born with a special genetic gift to prevail. Its tough to beat the world's best.

Birriards

Banned
Well...

Gene is a fine player. I'm sure Gene could travel around and beat short stops and do fine. But he was barking up the wrong tree. And he did that for a long time. I think he DOES have something to be ashamed of. He's talked a whole lot of talk for a few years now about Chris. He also used Chris to sell his instructions. Chris put him in his place and it wasn't even close. The first day, Geno was LUCKY to get past 6 games. For someone who has talked that much sh*t for the past 3 years, he certainly has something to be ashamed of.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
You can't strike out if you never step up to the plate. It takes courage to put yourself out there, even if things don't work out.

You also can't hit a home run in the majors just because you're the best softball player in your company's league.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this

ANNNNNNNNNNDDDD to top it all off, after he got his ass pounded for two straight nights, he blamed the table being too tight and said he would win on a bucket table or bar box. I wish this guy would have actually bet something worth losing.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of the inevitable outcome, he still could of found a way to duck and he didn't. Hats off for stepping up.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ANNNNNNNNNNDDDD to top it all off, after he got his ass pounded for two straight nights, he blamed the table being too tight and said he would win on a bucket table or bar box. I wish this guy would have actually bet something worth losing.

Can you post a link or quote where Gene "blamed" the table and said he would win on another table (as opposed to just saying the table was very tough in general)? I may have missed something but what I read Gene post said chris was a better player *and* the table made it very tough for Gene. Both can be true at once.

In any case Gene put up some cash and even more pride. Who else from AZB has done that since CubC?*

Cory

* There's a very nice, and higher stakes, grudge match of sorts coming up between Hendy and the Ghost. See onepocket.org for details.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Can you post a link or quote where Gene "blamed" the table and said he would win on another table (as opposed to just saying the table was very tough in general)? I may have missed something but what I read Gene post said chris was a better player *and* the table made it very tough for Gene. Both can be true at once.

The interview with Ray after the 2nd day match. He said on a bucket or a barbox, he can win. But he's never played on a table as tight as that.

Birriards

Banned

I got flamed in the other thread for saying this but its absolutely true.

Thank god there is at least one other person with two eyes and a brain out there.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I got flamed in the other thread for saying this but its absolutely true.

Thank god there is at least one other person with two eyes and a brain out there.

I made the line AND BET that Gene wouldn't get to 8. He got to 9 and then 10. I'd say I knew how things would end up.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You also can't hit a home run in the majors just because you're the best softball player in your company's league.

How many softball players would step to the plate against Nolan Ryan....not very many..... so he lost... big whoop. Get over it. You seem to be the only one is upset the Gene dared to play him....

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
How many softball players would step to the plate against Nolan Ryan....not very many..... so he lost... big whoop. Get over it. You seem to be the only one is upset the Gene dared to play him....

There was just so much talk for 4 years and he would never play
Really there are about 200 players around the country he could play even why me
If I lost I would never hear the end of this
And he played but didn't put any money on the line
He'll I wanted to play the loser got zero of ppv
Like I said gene is not a bad guy just out of his mind

1 man and no aiming system
I'm also going to start giving lessons