Darren Appleton

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Like a few others have said Kris> most of us on this board have posted something that they wish they could of retracted, i certainly have.

Call it "Baptism by Fire". In my opinion it is only a fail if you decide to leave and don't return.

I must say I have done the same thing as Daz did while practicing and I still feel guilty:eek:.

:grin:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I have to agree with some of the previous posters that most people who post here alot have said something they should not have at some point. HOWEVER! to start a thread that is very very disrespectful and accusing a champion like Darren a Cheat should have been researched a little more before saying something so serious. JMO

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
BRANDED, scorn as the one who slandered.:grin:

Ok, you made a colossal blunder. Leave the thread, make another thread apologizing to Daz. He won't know wtf you are talking about. (Don't put that link to the video in the new thread because someone else might come to the same conclusion as you did). Last night I was too tired coming in from the pool room to say much more than what I did. When someone else tells Darren, he will toss back a cold one and have a good laugh too.

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just a word of advice...

You should really be caution before you begin throwing accusations, and questioning the character of other players or members of the AZ community...

It doesn't help either that Darren may be one of the nicest and classiest professionals you'll ever meet...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I have to agree with some of the previous posters that most people who post here alot have said something they should not have at some point. HOWEVER! to start a thread that is very very disrespectful and accusing a champion like Darren a Cheat should have been researched a little more before saying something so serious. JMO
This post wasn't just ill-advised - it was way stupid. It's obvious at first glance that Appleton wasn't playing a match game. We've got enough idiots posting here already.

pj
chgo

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
celebrate

As far as his celebration goes I think it was awesome. One of the best ever. I'm tired of watching pro's win big events and giving a half hearted whoop, or just shaking hands. I mean he's competing for the World Championship!! In the NBA they have entire parades for the winning team... I think the least he can do is celebrate to his heart's content and show the emotion representative of the effort and value he's placed in winning the event.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I really try hard not to get into any "Urinary Olympic" contests here...but:

I think some of you guys need to get off your own high-horse. The OP completely MISINTERPRETED what Darren did...and the OP also when on to say that he felt "retarded" for making such a blunder AFTER it was pointed out to him what Darren was doing!

Take a step back and look at it from the OPs interpretaion...Darren had a flambouyant emotional outburst when it wasn't deserved...because the OP thought he "cheated"...

Kudos for the OP to come back and say "Hey...I screwed up!"

With the OP thinking Darren did something "wrong" to win the tournament, I can see why the OP felt that way...but we all now know that wasn't the case...granted, it took a few people to point it out to the OP before the lightbulb went off! :grin:

Now I want to be clear about MY opinion on Darren's outburst...I LOVE IT!!! I absolutely love seeing the emotion come out! I loved seeing SVB get emotional after a couple pressure wins in the Mosconi Cup...it was freakin' AWESOME!

Okay...now I'll get off my own soapbox...carry on!

Jason

p.s. Still chuckling as I truly believe the OP's face is still red!!! :)

Like a few others have said Kris> most of us on this board have posted something that they wish they could of retracted, i certainly have.

Call it "Baptism by Fire". In my opinion it is only a fail if you decide to leave and don't return.

I must say I have done the same thing as Daz did while practicing and I still feel guilty:eek:.

:grin:
"Baptism by Fire" is a song by a band called Emery :O

JoeyA

Silver Member
I really try hard not to get into any "Urinary Olympic" contests here...but:

I think some of you guys need to get off your own high-horse. The OP completely MISINTERPRETED what Darren did...and the OP also when on to say that he felt "retarded" for making such a blunder AFTER it was pointed out to him what Darren was doing!

Take a step back and look at it from the OPs interpretaion...Darren had a flambouyant emotional outburst when it wasn't deserved...because the OP thought he "cheated"...

Kudos for the OP to come back and say "Hey...I screwed up!"

With the OP thinking Darren did something "wrong" to win the tournament, I can see why the OP felt that way...but we all now know that wasn't the case...granted, it took a few people to point it out to the OP before the lightbulb went off! :grin:

Now I want to be clear about MY opinion on Darren's outburst...I LOVE IT!!! I absolutely love seeing the emotion come out! I loved seeing SVB get emotional after a couple pressure wins in the Mosconi Cup...it was freakin' AWESOME!

Okay...now I'll get off my own soapbox...carry on!

Jason

p.s. Still chuckling as I truly believe the OP's face is still red!!! :)

TAp, tap, tap!

JoeyA

Silver Member
Joey, is this the Crips TAP league, and are you "signing"?

:p
-Sean

Is this your way of suggesting that I am a wannabee gangsta? :lol:: You and Kris should start your own comedy routine. :grin:

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is this your way of suggesting that I am a wannabee gangsta? :lol:: You and Kris should start your own comedy routine. :grin:

Don't know Kris's story, but yep, "wannabe" = training wheels. Ya have to learn how to graffiti tag properly, rookie! Arial fonts don't exactly fit in graffiti, no matter what color "paint" you use. ;)

:p
-Sean

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol that's funny stuff. One of those oops moments, followed by face meeting palm. Don't hold it against the guy, he flubbed up. Stood up and admitted it. It's all good.

As a side note I wanted to choke DA out after the celebration. Not because I thought it was over the top, heck, he just won the World Championship, but because I'm a pool table mechanic and it killed me to see him walk on the table and stomp the rail out. I was like, Noooooo!:eek: Great display of emotion though, like others have said I think pool players should show emotion. Just keep your feet off the table buddy.:wink: