Other big win for the GOAT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The man is just unbelievable. Even though it was BB 8ball, Efren went undefeated, in a field with some of the best 8 Ballers in the world.

This finals match will be hard to beat for any Efren fan. Some incredible play.

Race to 15, and stream was flawless.

For those of you who missed it last night....

https://www.facebook.com/onthewirepromotions/videos/1622651677832174/
Hatch did all he could but ER came with some truly SICK stuff. Some of the outs he manufactured were just ridiculous.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
First, I want to say Dennis played pretty damn jam up considering he was behind with the heat on him for pretty much all of 2 sets. I think he lost 30-25 total in 2 sets, he played great. Efren came with so many Efren shots...kicks, caroms, and double banks it was great to watch. The look on Dennis' face when that 2 rail bank went in was priceless, Efren definitely is making memories on this farewell tour. I think the young guys are learning why we call him the GOAT.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a chance to watch Efren's matches from the Asian Culture Day, Buffalo's and The Break Room events from this trip to the states and he played lights out at all three events.

He turns 64 in a couple of months but the guy can still flat out play world class speed.

Even the goats love The G.O.A.T :bow-down:

ZA80VqSO4tGs1W_A4WNDAw_r.jpg

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Too many dry breaks did Dennis in.

My thoughts before the match started, was Efren had to be getting tired. We've all seen Efren get a little worn out in these long race events, but not this time.

Just when Dennis started to put something together, Efren came with it. He would miss position, early in the set, and let dennis back at the table, but after he got out to mabye 4/3 lead, he just came with out after out.... never once looking like he was getting tired.

How many freaking highlight reels can one man have?

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
The chat was good yesterday, best comment for me was "How many times do you think Efren has heard the words 'that's good'"

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chat was good and the commentating was amazing. OTW hit 5000 views. The future is bright for OTW. If it had gone the second set in the true double elimitation format they could have hit 10,000. The Facebook share feature is where it’s at for pool streaming.

The double bank Efren made Took me 15 tries. Once I figured out that you can only make it if you hit it just soft enough to get to the pocket I made it twice in a row. Very inspiring stuff can’t wait for the next stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The double bank Efren made Took me 15 tries. Once I figured out that you can only make it if you hit it just soft enough to get to the pocket I made it twice in a row.
Yup. At that angle you need to allow most of the check-english coming off the first rail to wear off before rebounding off the second rail. Otherwise it'll bank short if hit firm enough.

I'm actually more impressed with the 8 ball hit down the long rail at such a steep cut angle. From the way CB responded coming off the rail, Efren either hit it with inside or went rail first.

As for the commentating, I thought it was fairly annoying.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's one busy GOAT... retired?.. nah, he'll just start taking off all the BB 8 ball
events! A little more cheese in the 'retirement' fund !

The way Efren creates shots with caroms and kicks, and opens up clusters is
unsurpassed... I've watched him play the ghost rotation, steering whitey through traffic,
etc... truly the GOAT.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We really are watching the greatest pool player ever. The man is on another level.

Long live the Magician!

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was lucky enough to attend this weekend except for the finals. The man was born to play pool. I’m still trying to figure out a shot from the last few racks of the finals where he manufactured a break out when I swear there was no angle to do so and even if one I thought you’d have to power it and it looked like he didn’t even stroke hard. I was stunned

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My favorite shot of the match was actually the last rack. Efren had been up 14-9 and it looked over, but Dennis came on strong and ran a few racks, then Efren dogged an out. He got another chance up 14-13 and now that Dennis had his break solved it looked like it was his last turn at the table.

Efren messed up early and tied a ball up on the side rail. He floated to the end rail where he got kind of flat on a ball, maybe the 13 ball? He had to shoot it with low outside and semi pound draw the cue ball to the opposite end of the table, crossing the position line, and landing on the 9 ball with the right angle to break open the cluster.

This type of shot requires such a accurate hit and touch to such a small target that it blew me away under that type of pressure. The z bank, 8 ball splice done the rail, and his break outs (where he'd play each ball to an exact spot) were technically more difficult. But those were when the match was earlier and when it wasn't virtually hill-hill. The shot I just mentioned was total clutch. Bata is a true winner through and through. Great match.

And thank you OTW for promoting it! I am a long time friend of Beau's (we were rivals for a few years in MN until he decided to never lose another set to me and then I figured if you can't beat them join them!) and think he did a great job. Facebook commentary is a little different because you have to interact with the chat room, it's more hanging out with buddies and sweating the game than ESPN coverage for example. Still, like it or not, making the stream available earns them 5 stars even if they played Justin Beiber songs the whole time.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Is anybody surprised lol. That man is one of kind, a humble spirit, touched with greatness.
Greatest of all time.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Came with the 5 pack!!!

The final match had no large packages. That match had 10 B&R's, 6 by Efren and 4 by Dennis, and all 10 came in 2-packs. The most games won in a row was 4, once by each player.

Successful breaks -- 9 of 15 for Reyes, 7 of 13 for Hatch. [Both players were dry 5 times and fouled on the break once.]

Breaker won game -- 8 of 15 for Reyes, 6 of 13 for Hatch.

Break-and-run games on all breaks -- 6 of 15 for Reyes, 4 of 13 for Hatch.

Break-and-run games on successful breaks -- 6 of 9 for Reyes, 4 of 7 for Hatch.

Missed shots -- 5 for Reyes, 3 for Hatch.

Fouls -- 1 for Reyes (on the break), 3 for Hatch (incl. 1 on the break).

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chat was good and the commentating was amazing. OTW hit 5000 views. The future is bright for OTW. If it had gone the second set in the true double elimitation format they could have hit 10,000. The Facebook share feature is where it’s at for pool streaming.

The double bank Efren made Took me 15 tries. Once I figured out that you can only make it if you hit it just soft enough to get to the pocket I made it twice in a row. Very inspiring stuff can’t wait for the next stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"the commentating was amazing"? You are joking right? I must have been on an entirely different stream :scratchhead: They make Alvin sound like Jeremy Jones.

Different strokes for different ffolks.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a chance to watch Efren's matches from the Asian Culture Day, Buffalo's and The Break Room events from this trip to the states and he played lights out at all three events.

He turns 64 in a couple of months but the guy can still flat out play world class speed.

Even the goats love The G.O.A.T :bow-down:

View attachment 493540
What a great piece, are the goats photoshoped?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Efren might have found a second life to his pool career.
Smaller table might favor him now due to his aging eyes.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it still up? If so, it seems that FacePlant isn't going to show it to me unless I get an account. It would be nice if it ended up on YouTube instead.

I google on the wire facebook. Scroll down the feed to the match I want to watch and click play. Works for me without Facebook.
Hope this helps.