Cue ID

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found this at the a pawn shop. I have not had a chance to get the bumper off yet.

It has a 90’s/00’s look to it.

zzVZZHJ.jpg

ApGUOuY.jpg

GkzXugN.jpg

DeuRnTZ.jpg

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The older mahogany linen phenolic and the nicely shaped 5/16x14, plus a nice brown bumper lead to me to think it is a custom. Plus, when was the last time you saw brass ring work on a cheap production cue?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am surprised to see no other input on this query.

People must hate you...HAHAHAHHA.

the pin an interesting feature...but look at those inlays, did he cut them with a letter opener?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The inlays are fine. It’s the finish. The maple probably moved more than the Rosewood.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pockets for the inlays are just fine. The wood moved and the metal didn’t hence the cracks.

Idk who built that cue. I’ve seen a few cues with brass in them in the last 4-5 years. It’s not the worst cue I’ve seen. It looks like a early cue from a up and cooking cue maker

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Well it's an interesting cue. Just guessing, I would say it dates to the 1980's or early 1990's and definitely a custom, pantograph inlays and possibly Brazilian rosewood points (import banned in 1992). The points look well made, centered and the miters are clean, but the huge gaps are something I would not prefer. Could be hundreds of cue makers.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's an interesting cue. Just guessing, I would say it dates to the 1980's or early 1990's and definitely a custom, pantograph inlays and possibly Brazilian rosewood points (import banned in 1992). The points look well made, centered and the miters are clean, but the huge gaps are something I would not prefer. Could be hundreds of cue makers.

It’s funny how’s a few millimeters makes or breaks a cue.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of wood is the handle? I ask because I have my Grandmother's Singer foot pedal sewing machine and I think it has the same wood. Very pretty machine.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of wood is the handle? I ask because I have my Grandmother's Singer foot pedal sewing machine and I think it has the same wood. Very pretty machine.

I think it is goncalo alves.