14.1 high runs... be honest

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ur a phony thanks for the perchass

I have the dvd, your dvd! Excellent work. Why the attitude? I was simply pointing out that the balls were probably not cleaned as often as they were on John Schmidt's record breaking run. I was saying if they had been then maybe that ball wouldn't have skid and you would've been the one setting the record. :)

And yes, I am an amateur, a very observant one.:thumbup:

thanks for the add vice, why compare my game to that loser.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
stop telling lies

"add vice:" amateur speller

u are a liar, myself and a couple others are the only one's who have seen the skid so do not try to act as if u have seen it or can even begin to acknowledge the severity of that particular shot. Moron. Add vice is correct spelling 4 peeple such as u.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
u are a liar, myself and a couple others are the only one's who have seen the skid so do not try to act as if u have seen it or can even begin to acknowledge the severity of that particular shot. Moron. Add vice is correct spelling 4 peeple such as u.

I never said anything about your shot or that skid, or anything else, other than the spelling comment, you pompous ass!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nope

Man, I'd hate to think what JS would be if he threw an anvil at your head instead of just a cube of chalk ;) easy tough guy, I'm just playing with ya !!

oh it's the bca puppet - get back to yer desk job puppet - yer input on this subject is worthless - it's no wonder they are having so much trouble there in chicago - if they are breeding people such as u. U already told me u have no interest in this - yet u keep cracking jokes in my direction about a subject I have great interest in. Congrats u have a key board and a low IQ to spread ur thoughts. I am a real tough guy when it comes to the intergrity of 14.1 - toughest u ever attempted to communicate with - stooge puppet from windy city. U have told me in the past on pm's that u don't care bout whether the record is legit or not - so again yer input is worthless. Please refrain from commenting - if u really do not care - otherwise u will be labeled 'a troll'. I am not interested in yer jokes at all.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
just for the record

Just for the real record, I am not interested in the opinion of people who wish to make jokes about fake news media slime. If you have a table at your house and practice 14.1 regularly - your opinion on why we the people 'general public' are blocked from seeing proof of the bca' dragon promo/schmidt, predator mystery tape - is valuable to me - even if you have not run 50. Otherwise troll on with yer drama jokes and be retired to my long list of puppets on ignore list - who enjoy laughing at those of us - who are in search of some explanation as to why we are not good enough to see proof. I hope I'm making myself clear. That was yer last straw chicago rj/troll.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a table at your house and practice 14.1 regularly - your opinion on why we the people 'general public' are blocked from seeing proof of the bca' dragon promo/schmidt, predator mystery tape - is valuable to me...

I guess I qualify so here's my opinion. I think if the BCA reviewed the unedited run then it probably is legit, as in he ran 626. I'm not convinced that incidental infractions such as touching a ball would necessarily be identified or even cared about by such a BCA review. Given that "the powers that be" have put their stamp of approval on the run, JS has calculated that his best chance for a financial return is through the private viewings. Or, maybe he enjoys the idea of sharing the run with people in a theater type environment. Whatever the reason it's his run to do with as he pleases.

Having said that, I think the unedited run has to be made available to a wider audience, if not necessarily to everybody, so that the run can really be validated. If JS said something like the video was never going to be released then I would change my mind and assume there was a problem. I think that it will be released sometime in the not too distant future but that's just a guess.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the run is legit, but I wouldn't feel confident.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I guess I qualify so here's my opinion. I think if the BCA reviewed the unedited run then it probably is legit, as in he ran 626. I'm not convinced that incidental infractions such as touching a ball would necessarily be identified or even cared about by such a BCA review. Given that "the powers that be" have put their stamp of approval on the run, JS has calculated that his best chance for a financial return is through the private viewings. Or, maybe he enjoys the idea of sharing the run with people in a theater type environment. Whatever the reason it's his run to do with as he pleases.

Having said that, I think the unedited run has to be made available to a wider audience, if not necessarily to everybody, so that the run can really be validated. If JS said something like the video was never going to be released then I would change my mind and assume there was a problem. I think that it will be released sometime in the not too distant future but that's just a guess.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say the run is legit, but I wouldn't feel confident.
That sort of level-headed reasoning and rational thought is just going to put you higher on his list of enemies.

Sent from the future.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran 12 balls once, but I was playing one pocket
, I never played straight pool or 3 cushion because where I lived, nobody gambled at it.
Well ,once in a while they played 3 cushion race to 25 for 5 dollars , a game took all day, and straight pool was 5 cents a point , race to 100. You won a dollar if you had 100 and they had 80 wheeeee.
That might take 2 days.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ok

Ok there big brother Dan, but as you once told me there are rules - and we must make sure those rules (for fake news about extraordinary claims) are followed. Besides moving a ball inadvertently, there has to be a triangle line drawn around the rack that is the same size as the rack that is being used - or else a player can manipulate space while re racking - my guess with schmidty is there isn't a traced line for the public to sea' plus probly a very thick rack to boot. The worst infraction would be a glitch in their theatrical production (non continuous air time) this is where john's buddy got caught here on az, the graph or geek squad will be imperative to clear their tape of any larcenous vermin new sponsor 'hill of fame' activity. The fact that they have not released the tape for sale to general public (poor marketing) almost a full year after their (powhers' that should let b) grandiose claim was made is a huge warning flag - and not fair to the student of 14.1. Otherwise Mosconi's family should sue predator cues and their hall of fame banquet for all it's worth - capiche.

If a 14.1 pocket billiard player posts a new high run of more than 150 here in Straight Pool section of az (well known/popular or not) - without video, I will assume they are needing attention from the mods - or shall I say potential puppets and their claim should be discredited immediately.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
who give a flyin nsa drone/ufo

I ran 12 balls once, but I was playing one pocket
, I never played straight pool or 3 cushion because where I lived, nobody gambled at it.
Well ,once in a while they played 3 cushion race to 25 for 5 dollars , a game took all day, and straight pool was 5 cents a point , race to 100. You won a dollar if you had 100 and they had 80 wheeeee.
That might take 2 days.

Congrats ur a gambler and u can read. wheeee off topic and irrelevant as well.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok there big brother Dan, but as you once told me there are rules - and we must make sure those rules (for fake news about extraordinary claims) are followed. Besides moving a ball inadvertently, there has to be a triangle line drawn around the rack that is the same size as the rack that is being used - or else a player can manipulate space while re racking - my guess with schmidty is there isn't a traced line for the public to sea' plus probly a very thick rack to boot. The worst infraction would be a glitch in their theatrical production (non continuous air time) this is where john's buddy got caught here on az, the graph or geek squad will be imperative to clear their tape of any larcenous vermin new sponsor 'hill of fame' activity. The fact that they have not released the tape for sale to general public (poor marketing) almost a full year after their (powhers' that should let b) grandiose claim was made is a huge warning flag - and not fair to the student of 14.1. Otherwise Mosconi's family should sue predator cues and their hall of fame banquet for all it's worth - capiche.

If a 14.1 pocket billiard player posts a new high run of more than 150 here in Straight Pool section of az (well known/popular or not) - without video, I will assume they are needing attention from the mods - or shall I say potential puppets and their claim should be discredited immediately.

Danny - this discussion reminds me of an old post I was lucky enough to find just now. Maybe you've seen it:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=419781&highlight=John+Schmidt+Hohmann

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess it's time to chime in here. Back in the late 70's on a Brunswick Anniversary I ran 184. I was in my late 20's and playing on the road and staying in stroke. I had many runs of over 100, but that one was the best. Back 7 years ago a week before turning 60 , My Son and a good friend of our family got to witness a 136 ball run,,now at 67 and felling like my body is falling apart, I can't put together a 50. When I was young and working on my game , at all times ,,my practice sessions always included work on my straight pool game.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
rings a bell

Your name rings a bell Chip, I am sure I have heard it before. Thinking you were a good player at one time 184 is World class achievement in Straight Pool. I would rather see a 150 ball run that looks easy minimal cue ball movement) than a sporadic 300+ ball run where the player at table has to pocket many difficult hits with too much cue ball movement (end game).

Last edited:

tdmga08

Registered
Just a suggestion. Set your goal for 50 balls first. Deep down most people set 100 as their goal because their ego won't let them set it lower. Even though you've broken 50 before it might not be so easy to do it again. I think you will play with more motivation if your goal is a little closer. Think about it. Why not make your goal 627? Think about why that would be stupid and then consider 300, 200, 100. Just prove you can do 50 first! :)

You best chance is to do it when the table and balls are new, IMO.
That's a good point. When I got hooked on 14.1 I used Danny Diliberto's commentary as my initial goal. In an Accustat match Danny said if a guy can run 40 Balls and can play solid defense then he would be a good competitor in 14.1. That match and commentary was from the 90s but it was a good goal for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your name rings a bell Chip, I am sure I have heard it before. Thinking you were a good player at one time 184 is World class achievement in Straight Pool. I would rather see a 150 ball run that looks easy minimal cue ball movement) than a sporadic 300+ ball run where the player at table has to pocket many difficult hits with too much cue ball movement (end game).

Thanks for the kind words in the above. I worked hard to build the game I had. Practice and more practice along with being around great players like Wade Crane and Bill Lawson helped also. After a few years on the road (and they were tough years with Carter in office) I left the road in 81 ,I had traveled all over the US , about every major city fo a month at each stop and made money and survived. The road is different for each of us , I Went back to school at 30 , finished a business degree and was fortunate enough to land a great opportunity with a new company that I have worked for since 1984. Wade Crane stopped by checking on me from time to time, last thing I heard Billy say when he was leaving, was that I would have made my mark. That was a few months before his untimely passing. Eddie O'Connel and I were with Billy during the Searce Matches in Charlotte.back in 80.