A Prayer Request

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
My dear friend and regular pool sparring partner, New York Larry Gendler (azb member Larry732), is in the New Britain (CT) Hospital awaiting surgery scheduled for this Friday.

He had been complaining over the past few weeks about stomach discomfort and spasms and they finally figured out that he has internal GI bleeding requiring surgery. In advance of the procedure they have been doing a lot of iv nutrition to get him as strong as possible going into it.

Larry is 92 yo, very active, and can still catch a gear and play run out pool with his silky-smooth stroke. He has done an incredible amount for seniors, veterans and even kids through his teaching and support efforts. He was inducted into the New England Pool & Billiards Hall Of Fame for his amazing work. Here's a Fox61 video from 4 years ago about his induction.

https://fox61.com/2016/02/29/hall-of-fame-pool-player-is-right-on-cue-helping-seniors-stay-active/

I love this guy and will be heading over to see him later today. I will be happy to pass on any well wishes.

Thanks!

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will pray for your friends uneventful surgery and speedy recovery brian.
Now that he is getting his 90,000 mile tune up he should be good for another 90,000 ..:thumbup:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Request granted, prayers sent. Here's to a quick return to the table!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Wishing you and Larry well, Brian. May you both find the strength to deal with this challenging moment.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Prayers & thoughts are with Larry on his upcoming surgery.
I`ve done quite a few deals on azb with Larry, straight up great azer to deal with.
Speedy recovery my friend
Jeff

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dear friend and regular pool sparring partner, New York Larry Gendler (azb member Larry732), is in the New Britain (CT) Hospital awaiting surgery scheduled for this Friday.

He had been complaining over the past few weeks about stomach discomfort and spasms and they finally figured out that he has internal GI bleeding requiring surgery. In advance of the procedure they have been doing a lot of iv nutrition to get him as strong as possible going into it.

Larry is 92 yo, very active, and can still catch a gear and play run out pool with his silky-smooth stroke. He has done an incredible amount for seniors, veterans and even kids through his teaching and support efforts. He was inducted into the New England Pool & Billiards Hall Of Fame for his amazing work. Here's a Fox61 video from 4 years ago about his induction.

https://fox61.com/2016/02/29/hall-of-fame-pool-player-is-right-on-cue-helping-seniors-stay-active/

I love this guy and will be heading over to see him later today. I will be happy to pass on any well wishes.

Thanks!

best,
brian kc
Get well brother. Positive vibes are headed his way.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Larry is a lucky guy to have a friend like you. Thanks for looking out for him Brian, prayers sent.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry has indeed enjoyed a long life unlike so many others we all have known.
Nonetheless, the gift of his friendship truly extends beyond any measure of time.

IMO, great friends can seemingly become one of life’s most rarest of treasures.
Brian, I hope that Larry’s surgery is successful and he enjoys a speedy recovery.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
C9B71B62-BFF5-4794-8481-2BE8C6173CB3.jpeg

I’m pulling for you, MR Gendler

If you can run 100....you can live to be 100

388219B8-F8BE-47CA-9CFA-909759EAA0BA.png

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure

I can think of much better to do then pray for a pool player on Christmas day. Knowing Jesus hears and answers prayers is the best benefit we could have.

Lord please give this man a quick and healthy recovery!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers sent.

Brian,
Please Tell Mr. Gendler that I am grateful for all that he has done for veterans.

Boxcar