Fall 14.1 League season has just begun at Raxx ~ Hempstead LI NY

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

just wanted to put a quick blurb out there, that the Fall season of 14.1 at Raxx (http://www.raxxpoolroom.com/) has just begun.

we got 20 players so far including Charlie (Forumghost516), Gene Mann (BayGene), Heather my wife (HAKurtz) and Yours Truly.

Although none of us have had much table time lately it is great to be back in the game. and room owner Holden Chin runs the Fairest handicapped system that i have seen yet. and runs one of the best rooms in the Tri-State area IMHO. if you're ever in NY its a must see room.

I will update this post as the season progresses, Charlie is chomping at the bit for a Repeat Win this season but i am gonna do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen (LOL) although i would love to be there once again to show my support until the last ball drops.

again check out Raxx....http://www.raxxpoolroom.com/

-Steve

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
H[...]
we got 20 players so far including Charlie (Forumghost516), Gene Mann (BayGene), Heather my wife (HAKurtz) and Yours Truly.
[...]

Steve, I'm familiar with all of the names except "Yours Truly" -- never heard of that guy. Is that name Danish in origin? :p

Seriously, you speak the truth about Holden's room -- I wish I lived closer (and not only come down during special events), for I'd be there right with ya in the league!!

Hope to catch you folks in league action there one evening,
-Sean

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hey Guys,

just wanted to put a quick blurb out there, that the Fall season of 14.1 at Raxx (http://www.raxxpoolroom.com/) has just begun.

Although none of us have had much table time lately it is great to be back in the game. and room owner Holden Chin runs the Fairest handicapped system that i have seen yet. and runs one of the best rooms in the Tri-State area IMHO. if you're ever in NY its a must see room.

I will update this post as the season progresses, Charlie is chomping at the bit for a Repeat Win this season but i am gonna do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen (LOL) although i would love to be there once again to show my support until the last ball drops.

again check out Raxx....http://www.raxxpoolroom.com/

-Steve

Gene, Gene the shooting machine is in, eh? Sounds like fun. You ought to see about streaming some matches for your fans in the midwest.

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thumbs Up

Gene, Gene the shooting machine is in, eh? Sounds like fun. You ought to see about streaming some matches for your fans in the midwest.

I second that......
Good Luck to Stevie, Charles & Gene. Sounds like you guys have a great league there played in a great room.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Just coming off a 4 Month layoff due to a Lower Back injury, i played my first match last sunday. In which i had to spot my opponent 45 balls. I had to go to 125 and my opponent had to go to 80, i ended up losing the game 80-120. It took us about 20 inning to make it through the first rack, had a very good safety battle and filly he left me an opening and i started the scoring with a 25 ball run. which felt very controlled and good (after layoff).

we went back and forth throughout the game, he gave me opportunities than i gave him. and in the end i probably should of went with my gut and played the dead ball in the 10 ball rack cluster while i only needed 8 balls for the win. instead i played a few other loose balls and ended up getting difficult position and ended up missing while he only needed 1 point for the win and I left him a duck.....oh well

still a great match considering, and i really look forward to my next match this evening. I will report my results later on this evening (after Dexter & Homeland...L.I.G.) or tomorrow AM

-Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Tonight I ended up not having a match, well i started one but we were asked to stop our match.

on an adjacent table one of the players through a tantrum and quit the league, so i was asked to stop my match and play his opponent since he didnt have a match to play. but i brought it to his attention that i had played that guy last week. so i told him why dont my opponent that i was playing at the time should play him and i would just sit out the night. which i was fine with because i was feeling some lower back soreness and all was good so Holden bought me a beer for being so kind (win/win)

Both Heather and Charlie won there matches tonight, so i was super pleased about that. they both played great, no super high runs. just real solid play. I am not sure if i get a default win as a result of the turn of events. but either way its all good !

-Steve