Rodney Morris Salute

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A big tip of the hat to Rodney Morris for his win in the Don Coats 9 Ball tourney.

He defeated Alex, who had won the 1 pocket event and steamrolled through the 9 ball tournament, also.

Congratulations, Sir.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney's game has been looking really strong for the last year or so. Great to see! When he's on, he makes it look so easy to move the cue ball around.

bigB

Registered
I was lucky enough to get to watch the tournament in person and Rodney was playing great. His win over SVB yesterday afternoon was really impressive, and to beat Alex early this morning is even more so, considering Alex came back to win from being down early in the 1 pocket finals. It takes a lot of stamina to get through a field like they had this weekend, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to get the chance to watch. Congrats to Rodney Morris.

Last edited:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all right

Glad to see Rodney Morris is still a winning pro; the first time I saw him at Hawaiin Brian's in Honolulu, it was like the first time I saw Earl play in person;
you just knew they had something special for the game of pool.... the talent was amazing to see....

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to see Rodney Morris is still a winning pro; the first time I saw him at Hawaiin Brian's in Honolulu, it was like the first time I saw Earl play in person;
you just knew they had something special for the game of pool.... the talent was amazing to see....

I agree. I remember watching Rodney playing at Hawaiian Brian's back in the early days.
I'm telling you...Rodney could make ANY shot and he was effortless in his shot making.

He had a natural shot alignment. There was no "experimenting" to get a visual center.
He had it from the get-go. Put that together with good eye-hand coordination and one HAS to become a great player.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap tap tap

I love watching the rockets game. Always inspires me to play better!

TD

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Great to see 'The Rocket" sill playing top tier pool. I know it's early, but it looks like he will make the cup. Johnnyt

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Rodney is one of the most enjoyable players to watch when he's "on". Nice fast and loose play that looks effortless.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rodney is playing phenomenal right now. I was just on the road with Archer and Rodney for the Wyoming Open which was a good deal of fun. His shot making ability under the heat is impressive. A fun match to watch from Wyoming Open is a hill hill with Shane. Check it out here and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/v-aR-dsuLww

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Morris is in the lead now in points for the USA Mosconi Cup team, with Dominguez second and Dechaine third.