Kaci

Tristan

Big 'Bumpin'
Silver Member
And if you ever wondered why there is no money in pool, you can now watch one of the hottest guys in the sport playing one of the best matches in resent times...while wearing shorts and a reversed baseball cap. Looking like a gang member rather than a professional sportsman.

Ah yes, the infamous 'shorts and backwards cap' gang :rolleyes:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the linked video in this thread, it's 30.4 min. from lag to final concession, using the time marks on the video. When I timed it originally, it was about 31 min. even. The linked video looks a little too fast at the start???

And Kaçi gets credit for 80 balls, but he pocketed only 73. He shot one 10-ball, and took the other 7 by concession. [I wish they didn't do that.]

I agree. That kind of spoiled it just a tad for me.
At turning stone, Zuglan has a fierce no concession of game policy. This has lead to some really great streams of complete pool matches. The most famous is the infamous Shaw victory of Immonen in 20 minutes...with of course mika conceding throwing a ball in the end but by then he was out of the tournament so the penalty was moot. However all the other racks, Jayson had to shoot the 9.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Klenti was quick to say that he’s a pool player since 8 years old, and that he didn’t play snooker til 2015 as a 15/16 year old when the Albanian Snooker Federation asked him to play.

Freddie <~~~ back to all the fantasies

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That’s strange..:scratchhead:
I have never heard of a 10-pack at 10 ball on a tight table
....in competition.

Would like some feedback on this.

Allen Hopkins ran a 9-pack on the Miz
Bob Vanover ran a 9-pack in the Texas State Championship
Earl ran an 11-pack for the million
Johnny Archer ran a 14-pack on Busty in a money match

They were all playing 9-ball...mostly on looser pockets.

Who has ran a 10-pack at ten ball?....in competition

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I believe tbat Shane did against Alex in the Race to 100.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

With no pattern no magic rack or pattern racking I might add

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I believe that Johnny ran 13 pack against Francisco ;)

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

The way I heard it, playing 9ball, Archer puts 13 on Busty from the snap in a race to 13 for a big chunk-ah-cheese and Busty says "Double the bet". Archer says "No thanks", they play another set for the original bet, Busty wins, Archer pulls up.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

That was nine ball on loose pockets....and some consider it a 14-pack.
Johnny broke and ran the first game of the next set....but came out a 5G loser.

But why I’m questioning all this....Kaçi said after the match that 10-packs have been done
lots of times....I don’t think so at 10-ball....even on a loose table.
I got a feeling he’s talking in practise, like playing the ghost.
Competitive packs are much harder to come by...every shot you make a decision...
....go for it or play safe.....in practise, you always go for it.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe tbat Shane did against Alex in the Race to 100.

Freddie -- I just went back and read threads posted at the time of their two races to 100. [I didn't do stats on either match.]

1st match -- May 2008 at the Riviera Hotel with you and Ken Shuman commentating and regular pro-cut pockets on the table. I didn't find any mention of lengthy packages.

2nd match -- Sept. 2011 at the TAR Studio using the "Fatboy" rails with 4 1/8" corners. The longest B&R package was 6 by SVB to end Day 1. He ran out from Alex's dry break in the previous game, so some people were calling that a 7-pack. Alex won the first game on Day 2, so the B&R package ended at 6.

Were you remembering a 10-pack in the first match?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Freddie -- I just went back and read threads posted at the time of their two races to 100. [I didn't do stats on either match.]

1st match -- May 2008 at the Riviera Hotel with you and Ken Shuman commentating and regular pro-cut pockets on the table. I didn't find any mention of lengthy packages.

2nd match -- Sept. 2011 at the TAR Studio using the "Fatboy" rails with 4 1/8" corners. The longest B&R package was 6 by SVB to end Day 1. He ran out from Alex's dry break in the previous game, so some people were calling that a 7-pack. Alex won the first game on Day 2, so the B&R package ended at 6.

Thanx for digging, AtLarge.
I have never heard of a 10-pack at ten ball...competively, of course.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different conditions, but Shane said on TAR his biggest package in 10b is a 14 pack during practice.

Who was Kaci gambling vs that he played all night and only slept for an hr?

Last edited:

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different conditions, but Shane said on TAR his biggest package in 10b is a 14 pack during practice.

Who was Kaci gambling vs that he played all night and only slept for an hr?

He played the Ruslan Chinakov (sp) from Roys Basement stable. Don't remember the score but Kaci took it down.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it Kaci vs LeeVan a race to 25 now too long ago? Maybe a win vs James Aranas too?

Roy is probably sick of this Kaci guy by now.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

it’s all fuzzy when I thought there was a 10-pack.