Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some have missed a point here. He said he would 'MAKE A GAME WITH ANYONE' ! Not that he would play anyone even ! Whole different ball game.
Anyone can 'match up with anyone', even me...lol.
His offer is to play anyone even 9 ball magic rack 1 on the spot on the big table.

His backer and the room owner said nobody's barred lol

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
playing 9-ball with the 1 on the spot with a template is usually the same as playing with 5 or 6 balls. i think template is great, but the 9 should always be on the spot

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His offer is to play anyone even 9 ball magic rack 1 on the spot on the big table.

If Justin can soft break, I can believe him saying nobody is barred.

When soft break was allowed with magic rack at Texas Open, he had 22 or 23 break and runs between 3 races to 9. Saw it live when he almost ran out the set from the flip against Mazon. Rattled the wing ball after running 8 racks.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where do you see the word 'even' ??
It says 'I'll make a game with anyone'
It doesn't say 'even'
??

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
tough spot

This is tough to fade with JB making wing ball and playing shape for 1 his opponent might be down 5 - 6 racks before taking the first shot !

Only thing I can think is 3 balls past head string and alternate breaks..

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, you don't think Shane or Chua or any one of 50+ players can put racks together ?
Winner breaks and running racks is the way pool was meant to be played !
i don't watch golf to see bogies and I don't watch pool to players not run out !
Race to 100 will take care of all the 'rolls' .

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, you don't think Shane or Chua or any one of 50+ players can put racks together ?
Winner breaks and running racks is the way pool was meant to be played !
i don't watch golf to see bogies and I don't watch pool to players not run out !
Race to 100 will take care of all the 'rolls' .
And the specified racking rules will ensure that the wing ball flies into the corner pocket every break shot. Is that how "pool was meant to be played" as well?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you see the word 'even' ??
It says 'I'll make a game with anyone'
It doesn't say 'even'
??
You don't think he wants a spot do you lol

His backer and the room owner Mike Chappell said ANYBODY

Capture.PNG

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Templates are an abomination on pool ! Never gambled with one and never will !
I came up in the 60's and 70's, rack-em up and get to gamblin !
Pro pool has become a primadonna sport. Clean a ball during a game ? You would be laughed out of town ! Ask for 'new balls' ? Take a hike ! Grab a cue, post up, and gamble !

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I look at it as he offered a game if someone wants to play then book a trip to Wichita. Everything else is just noise. I hope he gets a taker, I would love to see him and someone battle in a "run out fest". You still have to run the balls to win.

-don

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Pro pool has become a primadonna sport. Clean a ball during a game ? You would be laughed out of town ! Ask for 'new balls' ? Take a hike ! Grab a cue, post up, and gamble !

Back when you used to close your eyes and break as hard as you could, right?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the rack mechanics we've seen the last decade or so with the triangle are an abomination to pool. triangle and rack your own is the worst.. just watch dennis orcullo doing his business, or shane for that matter..

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta hand it to Justin for an offer like this but it seems like DCC would have been the place to announce this. Building full of players and backers.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta hand it to Justin for an offer like this but it seems like DCC would have been the place to announce this. Building full of players and backers.
The deal here is Justin's backer for this, the owner of Club Billiards wants to get some big action with top players at HIS pool room, and he's willing to put up big cash to make it happen.

Same guy just staked Alex Olinger for 20k over the weekend vs Shane Winters

Club Billiards great old school pool room.

club billiards.jpg

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I reread the post. Nowhere does he say he will play anyone 'even' .
He says ' I will make a game' with anyone. You really think he can play Shane
or Chua or Biado or any of the top players even ?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I look at it as he offered a game if someone wants to play then book a trip to Wichita. Everything else is just noise. I hope he gets a taker, I would love to see him and someone battle in a "run out fest". You still have to run the balls to win.

-don

Always the voice of reason. What up, Don?

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think its a good bet but it was obviously a open invitation to ANYBODY per them rules and that location.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

Although the opening post ( i didn't read it again ) may not have been definitive subsequent entries clearly gave me the impression that JB and his backer will get it on with ANYONE playing the specified game