Karen Corr as an Instructor

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I are big fans of Karen Corr, so last Mother's Day I bought her a 2-hour lesson from Karen.

Kind of like the kid who buys Dad a baseball glove that fits the kid.

It was absolutely fantastic. I mean, I knew a Pro would give a good lesson, but this was way beyond my expectations. Her observations and tips were awesome. I've never spent two hours on pool that came even close to this. And she is just a pleasure to hang out with.

If she ever makes a video or videos, look out. I'm sure a video from Karen would be a must-have for any student of the game. Or even an instructional book would be great. But the video would show even better what a great person she is.

So if you're ever in the Nashville area and could use a lesson, do yourself a favor and take advantage of what she can teach. My highest possible recommendation. If I lived closer, I'd do it all the time. But we only get close enough when we visit our folks in southern Indiana.

Go Karen. We wish you the greatest success in your endeavors.:thumbup:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
My wife and I are big fans of Karen Corr, so last Mother's Day I bought her a 2-hour lesson from Karen.

Kind of like the kid who buys Dad a baseball glove that fits the kid.

It was absolutely fantastic. I mean, I knew a Pro would give a good lesson, but this was way beyond my expectations. Her observations and tips were awesome. I've never spent two hours on pool that came even close to this. And she is just a pleasure to hang out with.

If she ever makes a video or videos, look out. I'm sure a video from Karen would be a must-have for any student of the game. Or even an instructional book would be great. But the video would show even better what a great person she is.

So if you're ever in the Nashville area and could use a lesson, do yourself a favor and take advantage of what she can teach. My highest possible recommendation. If I lived closer, I'd do it all the time. But we only get close enough when we visit our folks in southern Indiana.

Go Karen. We wish you the greatest success in your endeavors.:thumbup:

Can you expand your review of this lesson to include some of the topics she covered in her lesson with your wife?

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had the lesson at Job Billiards.

Karen had a sheet of topics and asked my wife to check off the items she needed work on. My wife looked at the sheet and said "everything, really".

So Karen had her shoot a few random shots and then talked about her observations. My wife isn't that good, so Karen started with setup, stance, and stroke. Kind of hard to remember every topic, but she'll talk about as many or as few topics as you want.

As I recall, she talked about virtually everything in the two hours we booked. She charges $75 per hour, and it was worth every penny and then some. I wish I lived closer to Nashville because I'd take at least a couple of hours every month.

Watching Karen play up close is unbelievably impressive. I don't know how anybody ever beats her. When you see her line up on a shot, you just know it's going in.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the great things about pool is that the average person can still get up close and personal with the pros....

Try calling up Andy Roddick or Phil Mickelson (which you cant do) and then ask them for lessons at $75 per hour (which will never happen!)