Best hitting cue you ever played with.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction. Sometime in the future I will tally the votes by brand even though there may be different "eras" and butt/shaft combinations.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

The List - Brand - Votes

George Balabushka - 1 (real Buska, not Adams)
Joey Bautista - 1
Al Bautista - 1
Mike Bender - 1
Black Boar - 2
Leonard Bludworth - 2
Mike Capone -1
Cognoscenti - 2
Coker - 2
Dufferin House Cue 19oz - 1 (assuming original Canadian made Dufferin)
Pat Diveny - 1
Billy Gibbs - 1
Mike Gulyassy -1
Greg Hearn - 1
Mason Houghland - 1
Huebler -3
Bobby Hunter - 2
Jimmy Ingram -1
Jacoby -1
Jensen - 2
Josey -1
Joss gold letter - 2
Steve Lomax - 1
MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft. -1
Paul Mottey - 2
Kenny Murrell - 1
Chris Nitti - 1
Jim Odom - 1
Jeff Olney - 1
John Parris - 1 (snooker cue)
PFD - 1
Jim Pierce - 2
Phillippi - 2
Jerry Powers - 1
Judd - 1
Kersenbrock -1
Kikel - 1
Hermann Rambow - 1
Edwin Reyes - 1
Bob Runde - 1
Samsara #1978, 314-2 shaft - 1
Dennis Searing -1
Schon (Runde Era) - 2
Schon - 3
Schuler -1
Schuler with pro taper shaft (not Schuler Pro) - 1
Chuck Starkey - 1
Sugartree - 3
Gus Szamboti - 3
TAD steel joint - 2
Tascarella - 1
Jerry Terbrock - 1
Varney - 2
Larry Vigus w/OB Shaft - 1
Larry Vigus - 1
Thomas Wayne - 1 (one vote invalidated)
Mike Webb - 1
Skip Weston - 1
SouthWest - 1
Woodworth - 1

If I missed any let me know.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Ok, here are the rules. Hit is subjective, we all know that. But let's try anyway to compile a list of cues that we think are GREAT playing cues.

The only rule is one vote per person. So think about it and pick the one cue out of all the cues you have been able to shoot with that you would keep if you could only have one of them for the rest of your life.

Now of course you can put in a name of a cue you have never shot with just because you desire to own it and have heard it's a great playing cue but I hope that you will stick with cues that you actually had time to hit balls with for enough time to really get to know the cue.

I will start, and this is a very tough decision for me because I have owned so many great cues. Keep in mind that just because a brand is someone's #1 choice the number 2 might be real close.

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

Your list is going to turn out being very long. There are many like me who just haven't had the chance to hit with very many of the large number of custom and high-end cues that are in our market today.

That said, I throwing my Larry Vigus w/OB Classic shaft into the fray!!!

Maniac (see where this is gonna go?)

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
This has been done a number of times before.

Basically you get a combination phone book and wish list of cues in no particular order.

;)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This has been done a number of times before.

Basically you get a combination phone book and wish list of cues in no particular order.

;)

Hasn't been done by me. But I would love it if you could point me towards some of the other threads where a list was made.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
TA-3.JPG

It's a production cue, although uncommon. The MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft.

Mika, Alex, Karl, Chris, so many players have played with my cue and after only a hit or two, looked to me in amazement and asked what it was. Alex even considered playing the quarter finals of the US Open with it, and another pro offered to buy it on the spot.

The owner of Mezz, Kaz, gave it to me as a gift a few years back. I haven't had the slightest desire to try anything since.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Hasn't been done by me. But I would love it if you could point me towards some of the other threads where a list was made.

I'm sure you could find them if you wanted to.

:)

Carry on as I'm sure you will. :grin-square:

bullshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a pretty limited selection of cues I've tried but i have a Schon stl 7 that looks like its 20 years old that plays lights out. So my vote would be for Schon

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me it is my custom pfd made in 1998 my design. Pauls work. best hitting cue for me

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
cues

I would like to blind fold you guys and see if you could tell the difference.

I might be able to tell the difference in the way a cue sounds.

But if you put your choice of tip on 20 cues with the same style joint and taper..

How many of you guys could tell the difference?

MMike

JMW

Seen Your Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Production vs. Custom

But the object here is to see what sort of list we can come up with if you can only have one. I will update this post with a running list and vote count if it gets any traction. Sometime in the future I will tally the votes by brand even though there may be different "eras" and butt/shaft combinations.

My #1 pick is Jensen.

The List - Brand - Votes

Dufferin House Cue 19oz - 1 (assuming original Canadian made Dufferin)
Jensen - 2
Larry Vigus w/OB Shaft - 1
MEZZ TA3, with the Hybrid Pro shaft. -1
Schon (Runde Era) R6 Micarta Ferrule - 1
Schon - 1
Sugartree - 1
Varney - 1

I think its only fair and more importantly accurate to list the best production cues with their own shafts and custom cues with the same...putting a low deflection shaft with a Kamui tip is not how either cue came so that would not be accurate I would do production: Lucasi, Fury, Joss, Cuetec McDermott, Mezz, OB, Schon, Meucci, Viking, Predator on production and way too many to list on Custom..but all should be the complete cue with its own shaft even on custom..if its Scruggs (when he made them) or Tascarella...etc.. it should be with the shafts they make you for that cue and decide which is the best hitting cue with all original components.