Starting treatment on Monday

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Since Garczar first posted the thread about my being diagnosed with throat cancer, numerous people here, most of whom I do not know, even casually, have reached out in the thread with encouragement and best wishes. There is no way I can really describe how much that has meant to me. And, again, my thanks go out to everyone for the kind words and other things as well. I have also received many private messages with those same encouragements and best wishes. Due to so many of those, and so many here in the forum itself, I am going to let everyone know, here, that I am starting chemo and radiation treatments ( at one of the most highly rated cancer hospitals in the country, which I am lucky enough to have within driving distance ) on Monday. 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and chemo, weekly, for 6 weeks as well.

It's going to be a bumpy flight. But I'll do what needs done, then I'll move on with my life.

Many of you expressly asked me for updates and for that reason, mainly, I am posting this. I deeply appreciate everyone's attitudes, feelings and thoughts. Thank you all.

So... here we go. Off to see the wizard.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the readers and lurkers will be pulling for you Michael.

Good thing here? You can let your fingers do the talking.

AZBilliards is an awesome place with many fine people.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang in there it’s a tough road but you can do it. My father in law has survived 2 battles with cancer. He had surgery on the same exact day 19 years apart. He also still works a full time job at nearly 70 years old. Hope this gives you some encouragement.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Hang in there it’s a tough road but you can do it. My father in law has survived 2 battles with cancer. He had surgery on the same exact day 19 years apart. He also still works a full time job at nearly 70 years old. Hope this gives you some encouragement.

Good for him and thanks, appreciated.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since Garczar first posted the thread about my being diagnosed with throat cancer, numerous people here, most of whom I do not know, even casually, have reached out in the thread with encouragement and best wishes. There is no way I can really describe how much that has meant to me. And, again, my thanks go out to everyone for the kind words and other things as well. I have also received many private messages with those same encouragements and best wishes. Due to so many of those, and so many here in the forum itself, I am going to let everyone know, here, that I am starting chemo and radiation treatments ( at one of the most highly rated cancer hospitals in the country, which I am lucky enough to have within driving distance ) on Monday. 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and chemo, weekly, for 6 weeks as well.

It's going to be a bumpy flight. But I'll do what needs done, then I'll move on with my life.

Many of you expressly asked me for updates and for that reason, mainly, I am posting this. I deeply appreciate everyone's attitudes, feelings and thoughts. Thank you all.

Well, sounds like its 20-ahead set, Mike vs. TheBigC. Who you guys like? I know who i'm bettin' on. Take it off brother.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I greatly admire your courage Michael. I'm praying for a miraculous total remission. It can and does happen! :love:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck :thumbup2:

I'm not the prayiey type so hoping you got some good doctors and tough cells.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Somehow I missed the information but wish you the best on getting better. It will be a tough journey but if you stay strong I feel you can't beat anything.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck you got it beat,i just finished 20 radiation treatments for prostate and looks good so far, again all the best to you sir.