predator air 2

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
has anyone tried the new air 2?,.,any different from old air?,.,lookin to see what people think of it

Cshot

Registered
From pictures it looks exactly like the origional. I loved that one before someone broke it between one of the joints on me. Now I have a poison break jump that I like but I did like the pred better. I thought the origional was awesome so I doubt they changed anything other then looks.

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has a weight cartridge system now to customize the weight because some people thought the original Air was too light fo rthem.

Cshot

Registered
Ya I think that's why some people I know didn't like it but I liked how light it was felt like I had insane control with it. But to eaches own. I'm actually thinking of gettin one myself.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy has one. This guy has every cue known to man lol They went to a different shaft and he said it much easier to jump and accurate to jump. He compares it to his lomax and a lomax jumps so good it should be illegal so that's high praise in my opinion

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya I think that's why some people I know didn't like it but I liked how light it was felt like I had insane control with it. But to eaches own. I'm actually thinking of gettin one myself.

Besides the great control you mention for jumps, I have found you can quickly and easily add 2 oz to the base weight of 11.9 oz if you have a 'Balance Rite' cue extension... (4oz if you have 2 on hand- stacked in front of the back section) and now it doubles as a MONSTER Break Cue 13/15 oz.

This thing gets the job done on both fronts. I have tried my best to break a cue ball in half with it with these cue extensions stacked in the handle... I've had other do the same with this combination as well. This is a SOLID piece of equipment.

Randy

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used a J&J jump/break, Lucasi Air Hog, and ended up with the Air II. The J&J was good, but not superb. The Air Hog and Air II are both superb, but I do like the Air II more for dart style jumps. The taper gets a bit fat, it has a hard time fitting all the way down the shaft slot in my Instroke case. Has a radial mini main joint, which appears to just be a shorter normal radial pin if you're looking for joint protectors, and a uniloc for the extension. I haven't found the need for the extension often yet, so I can't say much about how much it helps, let along the weight cartridge system. Looks and feels great in the hand. Overall it's a very dependable tool.

Shot I took earlier of it-

_SDI0030%20copy-XL.jpg

Last edited:

80P

Banned
Its a great little jump cue but IMHO the poison VXJMP jumps much better. Im sure ill be ostracized for saying that.

mr2_serious

BRUTE FORCE BABY!
Silver Member
Its a great little jump cue but IMHO the poison VXJMP jumps much better. Im sure ill be ostracized for saying that.

The shaft from the Poison jump/break on the handle of the poison jump cue is an awesome combo.

PanicKJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Jump Air 2

Just got the Air 2 and my first impressions are good.

The stick with the extension is a perfect jump stick for most of my shots. However I do not really like the stick without the extension. I also have a Samsara Jump break, and a Lomax shaft that I use with it sometimes.

As a dart sized jumper I would pick the samsara. But the full size Predator air 2 is a pretty awesome jumper.

Makes me want a Lomax three piece actually.