Made in 2000.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 430

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Jam the guys posting this garbage didn,t even buy one of the cues lol...i have bought and sold to dean many times and he is SOLID most of these clowns don,t even know good cues from bad,with the exception of kc brian,who actually is pretty knowledgeable himself....they obviously have no life,so PLEASE don,t let these clowns dampen your spirits,i miss your posting on azb,it simply isn,t the same anymore....tell keith if he can call,he can raise!!!!

Jay;

Thank you but please don't single me out of the crowd, there have been a number of guys with *lots* of cue knowledge posting in here, 3 that quickly come to mind are TATE (he may have done more cue research than ANYONE ever on azb), a1712 (another Brian) - he knows cues) and Ted (cuesblues) is another wealth of knowledge on cues. I consider these guys to be extremely level-headed and great contributors here, not even close to being "clowns" as you said.

I see what you're doing trying to be helpful to JAM which is nice of you, sincerely it is. Imo though, it's just a little misguided. You, like so many others, keep trying to switch this whole Dean issue into whether or not the cues are good or play well or if Dean did people right in other transactions and those have not been what's at the center of the controversy. Instead, it is how Dean broke so many rules here while marketing (spamming) in various forums, then added to that he was very deceptive over who was making them so the whole "guys posting this garbage didn,t even buy one of the cues" seems pretty irrelevant to the main issue to me.

I think Dean is just doing a little more marketing.

best,
brian kc

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The way I saw it was they are cues made by Schmelke and passed off as being custom made by Jack Potter for $600.00.

Same cue directly from Schmelke would be about $200

I have a real Schmelke cue that cost $232 and its fancier then the Jackpot cues.

With that being said I think Schmelke makes a fine cue for a very reasonable price.

If I got anything wrong here people feel free to correct it.
That pretty much sums it up but we have to take all the same detours, rodeo rides and island adventures with any thread about Jackpot cues.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If those Jackpot cues were half as good as Murray Tucker cues, Dean would be in fat city

Still comes down to personal preference, it hard to measure what makes a Cue good, bad or so so. People like different feels, and feel is Tought to measure.

Think it is like tennis or runnig shoes, person fit, or preference. One brand feel good new, the next is a blister maker. Because your feet don't fit that brand well.

At some point a Cue goes from basic tool, to functional Art like high end Black Boars, and other extremely fancy Inlayed Cues.

Then the makers name could add more value because of demand, and supply.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A person makes a kind gesture, expecting nothing in return, and a bunch of AzBilliards rabid dogs want to piss all over this thread, as if to mark their Jackpot Cue/Deanoc opinion territory, to include bullying and attacking the person who made the gift.

I've been a victim of being bullied on AzBilliards. Yeah, I'm playing the victim card here. You're damn right. I cried my eyes out many a day over the stupid remarks by banned members posting, trolls, and the like. I remember the day one member from Texas started an un-blind poll about me. The poll asked who wanted JAM banned. People voted. I could read all the names of members, people I thought were my friends, that wanted me banned on that un-blind poll. It hurt and still hurts a little today.

Is it appropriate to beat the crap out members on this pool forum with verbal assaults? When does it stop?

A man gave me a cue to give to Keith. Keith has never heard of Jackpot Cues or Deanoc. I wanted this to be a happy thread, a show of appreciation, but it's turned into a big pile of you-know-what. Deanoc had no idea I was going to make this thread. None!

Does it feel good to bully others? Does it feel good to put them down over and over and over and over and over again after you've made your opinion known about them over and over and over and over again? Move on, man, if you're one of these people.

The world is in bad shape right now. I think we could all use a little optimism and goodwill.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.

Thanks, Tate! :) I will order one from Amazon. One thing about Keith, he will never go bald. That man has a head of hair, I tell you. :grin-square:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A person makes a kind gesture, expecting nothing in return, and a bunch of AzBilliards rabid dogs want to piss all over this thread, as if to mark their Jackpot Cue/Deanoc opinion territory, to include bullying and attacking the person who made the gift.

I've been a victim of being bullied on AzBilliards. Yeah, I'm playing the victim card here. You're damn right. I cried my eyes out many a day over the stupid remarks by banned members posting, trolls, and the like. I remember the day one member from Texas started an un-blind poll about me. The poll asked who wanted JAM banned. People voted. I could read all the names of members, people I thought were my friends, that wanted me banned on that un-blind poll. It hurt and still hurts a little today.

Is it appropriate to beat the crap out members on this pool forum with verbal assaults? When does it stop?

A man gave me a cue to give to Keith. Keith has never heard of Jackpot Cues or Deanoc. I wanted this to be a happy thread, a show of appreciation, but it's turned into a big pile of you-know-what. Deanoc had no idea I was going to make this thread. None!

Does it feel good to bully others? Does it feel good to put them down over and over and over and over and over again after you've made your opinion known about them over and over and over and over again? Move on, man, if you're one of these people.

The world is in bad shape right now. I think we could all use a little optimism and goodwill.

I’m sorry but you’re a hypocrite to the extreme. You’ve spent years going around these forums bullying everyone possible. I grew tired of it and called you out years ago, and for a brief period, you did get better. But now you’re back to your same old ways. You instigate a fight, you instigate people to behave this way. And then when they do, you claim you’re a victim. Bullshit. You’re the agitator for 99% of the problems you’ve had here on AZB. And part of that problem comes from your relationship with Keith.

You want to claim you’re being bullied here, but you are failing to look in the rear view mirror to see what a huge bully you have been to this forum for years. Get over it. You have an attitude problem, and instead of crying like a kid. Grow up and face the accusations that you aren’t as high and mighty as you claim.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This may give you an idea JAM :wink:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=80532

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

is it that when someone expresses an opinion that doesn't mesh with yours that they become bullies?

Online forums are where people get together to exchange their opinions which, of course, don't always mirror each other.

Dean did something pretty lousy to the azb community (the same community you say you care for so much) and his reputation is taking an appropriate big hit for it. As he very recently began showing back up here he decides to send you a free cue for Keith to evaluate. You got a free cue, Dean ends up with a thread complimenting his generosity and how smooth the shaft is whether or not he asked for or expected it. He may be more shrewd than you think.

At minimum the optics of it are really crappy. And for you to be genuinely surprised that there has been this kind of response to your thread would make you triple naive and you never have struck me as being that way.

Not looking to be a bully, not at all, just offering my opinion.

best,
brian kc

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry but you’re a hypocrite to the extreme. You’ve spent years going around these forums bullying everyone possible. I grew tired of it and called you out years ago, and for a brief period, you did get better. But now you’re back to your same old ways. You instigate a fight, you instigate people to behave this way. And then when they do, you claim you’re a victim. Bullshit. You’re the agitator for 99% of the problems you’ve had here on AZB. And part of that problem comes from your relationship with Keith.

You want to claim you’re being bullied here, but you are failing to look in the rear view mirror to see what a huge bully you have been to this forum for years. Get over it. You have an attitude problem, and instead of crying like a kid. Grow up and face the accusations that you aren’t as high and mighty as you claim.
If she considers what was said in this thread to be "bullying" than someone REALLY needs that new miracle drug "Growacet". You're gonna open a thread about a cue that has a checkered history here(to say the least) and then you get all butt-hurt by the responses. Waaaaa.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you think I'm a bully, well, I'd hate to label you what I think about your words of wisdom about me.

But my mother always said if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it a all, so I won't.

Don't worry about me anymore, Hits 'em Hard. You won't see the likes of me here much anymore. It was a mistake for me to even try to post something positive. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it that when someone expresses an opinion that doesn't mesh with yours that they become bullies?

Online forums are where people get together to exchange their opinions which, of course, don't always mirror each other.

Dean did something pretty lousy to the azb community (the same community you say you care for so much) and his reputation is taking an appropriate big hit for it. As he very recently began showing back up here he decides to send you a free cue for Keith to evaluate. You got a free cue, Dean ends up with a thread complimenting his generosity and how smooth the shaft is whether or not he asked for or expected it. He may be more shrewd than you think.

At minimum the optics of it are really crappy. And for you to be genuinely surprised that there has been this kind of response to your thread would make you triple naive and you never have struck me as being that way.

Not looking to be a bully, not at all, just offering my opinion.

best,
brian kc

You're right, Brian. I made a huge error in judgment to think I could post my thoughts about the cuestick on this pool forum. How dare I say that Keith said the shaft was smooth. What a terrible thing for me to do.

Now I'm the bad guy. This is almost comical.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If she considers what was said in this thread to be "bullying" than someone REALLY needs that new miracle drug "Growacet". You're gonna open a thread about a cue that has a checkered history here(to say the least) and then you get all butt-hurt by the responses. Waaaaa.

Yeah, I'm butt-hurt, all right. I'm not hurt by this thread. I'm pissed off. Big difference.

Have a nice day, Pal.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

You were one of the worst bullies and offenders on non moderated boards like RSB and ASP. Sorry if I don’t really feel sorry for you now.

Scrunge19

Registered
Any thread on a controversial topic is going to bring out mixed opinions by the readers. That's basically the first rule of the internet. This is especially true when any drama related to the subject of the post has been so recent. I suspect the reaction to your post would have been no different if you had instead received a set of rails by RealKingCobra. In both cases the post involves a person who has offended the community and turned themselves into a lightning rod.

I agree that the optics of your post are poor given the subject and timing (so soon after the Jackpot drama and right after Dean resurfaces). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say your original post was made out of excitement for a gift rather than a covert advertisement for Jackpot cues or Dean. But to be offended that people would bring up the checkered history of Dean and these cues is more than a little naive. Dean deserves criticism over his actions with these cues and like it or not, posts involving him/Jackpot cues will be encumbered by his deceit for a good while.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
You're right, Brian. I made a huge error in judgment to think I could post my thoughts about the cuestick on this pool forum. How dare I say that Keith said the shaft was smooth. What a terrible thing for me to do.

Now I'm the bad guy. This is almost comical.

I've been on azb for 13 yrs and you never seemed like a bully to me. imo you have been a great contributor.

No person can be on the exact same page all the time with everyone else so best plan is that we stay civil and respectful with each other even when we disagree.

No doubt that you are a good person - jmo that *maybe* you got played a little and my normal benefit of the doubt when it comes to this guy is out the window.

be well.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

This right here was the piece that made a lot of people mad. Carefully chosen words to take a shot at everyone who was offended by Dean's fraudulent behavior.

Call yourself a victim or not, but you wrote these words on purpose and no one is placing any undue meaning upon them. Keith is a real pool player and anyone who cares about who manufactured the product is not.

Last edited: