GRACIO Full Splice Jig.........

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Must be for cutting prongs. You can see the slit at the front of the jig for an entry point for the band saw blade.

A PH peg and peg holes on the board. A turn screw to maybe hold the square in place.

A $1200 Buy It Now price. You could get one of Chucks for less than the BIN or a little more than the current bid.

He built a few of them. One that was supposed to be mass produced. I think with his last one, he could do veneers with.

Last edited:

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
For $1200 I'll come live with you for a month and build a jig and teach you how
to use it, and even throw in one for butterflies as a bonus.

Dale(have saw, will travel)

LOL...... you gotta bring ya own beer.

Nah..... seriously though. I myself am nowhere near to the point of having the knowledge or experience to use something like this.

I was just wondering if anybody else had seen it and what the thoughts were on it. I am not bidding on it or buying it.

Lee Casto

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
confused

i am building one made of all metal for a band saw, and i looked at the photos. i cannot understand how it works, does anyone know is this jig for a table saw, bandsaw or mill machine?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Dale, if you're that cheap, I will throw in a little more, even pay for the beer, cause you will be coming up to Canada.

Terry - Knows a great deal when he sees it.

Graciocues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The jig is simple to use. With my jig and the two other tools I invented to assist in a full splice build a person can cut and glue a perfect 4 point with veneers in 8 hours. You can cut and glue a sneaky in a couple hours. Nobody gets these other tools unless you buy a jig. This is my 5th version of this style full splice jig and it's dummy proof. No other jig is as simple and cuts as perfect as this one. I have never mass produced any jig. I've built 5 of these to sell and not sure when I'll make more. I build these on a CNC. The material it's built from doesn't help or hurt it's function, it just makes it more expensive to buy. The one a made out of aluminum look really cool and already sold. It was $1200.
Building full spice is simple. It comes with videos so nobody will have any problem learning the technique. With my instructions you could glue up a Brunswick 360 in less then a week. I guarantee it!
You need to cut the forearm V grooves with your existing equipment. The jig installs on a band saw. The top comes off and the jig doubles as a slide table so the band saw is fully functional. The jig will cut the prongs or butterfly in a piece of wood from 1/2" up to 1.5" round or square without changing a thing. It's a lot easier to turn it round first. If you cut the prongs out of a 1.5" square piece of wood you have to wait months even years for it to age. That was my biggest issue over the years when building full splice. I design this jig to cut aged and almost finished sized wood so no warping or waiting. The wood can be 12" or 28" long. Size doesn't matter. You can cut 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or more points easily without changing anything on the jig. It takes 30 seconds to strap the wood down and start cutting. No matter the size or length. The points can be any length you want. You can set the jig and cut the prongs to match your existing V groove settings. The wood is turned close to final size before cutting so there is no waiting for wood to age after starting the build. The veneer tool bolts a belt sander. It doesn't have to be an expensive sander. The second assister tool helps cut the v grooves so they can end in a perfect sharp point. As most know it's almost impossible to cut the v grooves so they end sharp. This tool will help on full splice or half splice v grooves.

If you can cut V grooves in a forearm you can build full splice. It's simple and quick. If you want to build real full splice cues you need to start with 20"- 24" pieces of wood. If you think you'll build full splice in the future start ordering and aging wood 24" or longer. Wood shorter then 18" doesn't allow you to cut a true full splice. When building with shorter wood you can copy the Davis method and butterfly splice under the wrap. My jig will cut the male and female parts of that butterfly splice.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Why?

I searched and couldn't find a full splice cue that you built. Can you link or show pictures?

Because that's where sales pitches and items for sale belong....it's the rules...
Just clarifying.
Dave

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
To be fair to Scott, he isn't the one who shared a link to the other persons EBay sale that is selling them for him.

The OP asked who knew about these jigs and Scott explained the use of the jig to him.

Anybody have any experience with this ????

Who would know better on how to answer the OPs question.

Someone is selling these on EBay on Scott's behalf. If he wanted them in the Machinery Forum, I'm sure he would have put it there.

Sounds like they are available in limited number.

Last edited:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair to Scott, he isn't the one who shared a link to the other persons EBay sale that is selling them for him.

The OP asked who knew about these jigs and Scott explained the use of the jig to him.

Who would know better on how to answer the OPs question.

Someone is selling these on EBay on Scott's behalf. If he wanted them in the Machinery Forum, I'm sure he would have put it there.

Sounds like they are available in limited number.

Well, the entire thread should have been elsewhere.

Dale

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'll have it moved in the morning Dale. At the moment, I'm having trouble moving to bed.

And I have a tourney to play in. Guess I'll be missing a couple of shots.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Geez guys. PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR FOR POSTING IN THE WRONG SECTION.

I put in the ASK A CUEMAKER section to ASK OTHER MAKERS if they had any experience with it NOT to try and sell one, which IS what this section is for.

Again.....I APOLOGIZE !!!!!

Lee Casto

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez guys. PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR FOR POSTING IN THE WRONG SECTION.

I put in the ASK A CUEMAKER section to ASK OTHER MAKERS if they had any experience with it NOT to try and sell one, which IS what this section is for.

Again.....I APOLOGIZE !!!!!

Lee Casto

Relax. I think post 8 was quite the gentle nudge/reminder. Nobody jumping down anyone's throat.