Viking Cues - early models - are they decent Cues.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

For some reason I really like the Look of the old titlest Cues. The green veneers or Blue just seem to look really old school to me and has that classic look. Of Course those Cues seem to command a pretty high figure. The reason in this post I seen a Viking Cue from around the early 70's that has this look , just like a titlest Cue . The green veneers really pop and the Irish linen wrap is also green spec with the darker wood really looks nice. The Owner said it had been sent back to the factory for a new re-finish and it looks brand new and has 2 shafts . He is asking around 350 bux for it and I wonder what would the value on a old Viking cue be and are they worth anything . Is the early cues such as those sought after or were they dud's . Thanks

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

For some reason I really like the Look of the old titlest Cues. The green veneers or Blue just seem to look really old school to me and has that classic look. Of Course those Cues seem to command a pretty high figure. The reason in this post I seen a Viking Cue from around the early 70's that has this look , just like a titlest Cue . The green veneers really pop and the Irish linen wrap is also green spec with the darker wood really looks nice. The Owner said it had been sent back to the factory for a new re-finish and it looks brand new and has 2 shafts . He is asking around 350 bux for it and I wonder what would the value on a old Viking cue be and are they worth anything . Is the early cues such as those sought after or were they dud's . Thanks

You keep asking the same questions, over and over.

The "hit" of a cue is subjective. I've hit with $5000 Southwest and Black Boar cues that I thought hit no better than some cheap cues.

Viking was one of the most popular cues back in that era. I never had one, but plenty of people did. I don't know if any of them were made with Titlist blanks back in the 70s, but ADAM Japan made a lot of Titlist cues back then and the colors of the veneers seemed to look a lot brighter and more colorful than the old Brunswick Titlist veneers.

I don't know if $350 is a good price, but for a good cue with 2 shafts that doesn't seem to be out of the question.

Are you looking for a cue to play with or just something that looks like an old "classic" cue.

Here is an old cue that you could get your cue repairman buddy to spruce up for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Br...953158?hash=item5b70f25346:g:dVkAAOSw69deeTpF

And another.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willie-Hop...301894?hash=item3660163446:g:cvYAAOSwW2tecHge

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

Questions on current market value of ANYTHING are simple to answer- if you or anyone else is willing to buy that cue for $350 today, then THAT is today's market value for that cue, period.If no one touches it while it is up for sale, then he lowers it to $300 and it sells- then $300 is MARKET value! Market value is whatever an item is currently selling for in an open market setting- no more complicated than that.It is never what somebody THINKS something is worth, what they wish it would sell for, or what they paid for something in the past, or what other people are asking for an item. Market price is current SELLING prices on AVERAGE for items of equivalency.

Older Vikings and 1980s Excaliburs that they also helped produce often have very good shafts that are true rock hard maple, stay relatively straight for decades, and play real well. Of course, not every older Viking will fit this description, so find out if the shafts are original- if so, if they are still straight and smooth, you probably have a very good cue at that price! Good Luck The qualities of old shaft wood that make many of them so cue worthy include the fact that they feel so hard to the touch that you may think they are stone not wood ( a slight exaggeration) - but at the same time they retain a high degree of flexibility RELATIVE to their hardness - the best of both worlds when it comes to actual play and durability, at the same time, they retain straightness,

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

No, they all sucked. Horrible cues. There, you can't quit worrying about them. Seriously, do you know anything about them??? Do a search.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys seriously have not figured this one out yet? Cant be positive, but pretty sure. :rotflmao:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it is indeed built with a Titleist blank and has Viking logo in clear ring I think the price is a very good deal.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys seriously have not figured this one out yet? Cant be positive, but pretty sure. :rotflmao:

If it's a second account, mr wilson should be able to check it by IP, but yea sounds like someone else with a million questions about the same stuff. Although the type of cues is very different, it's not a bunch of cheap random eBay cues but about the same type of cue.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the points look like this?

5sgHphQ.jpg

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's a second account, mr wilson should be able to check it by IP, but yea sounds like someone else with a million questions about the same stuff. Although the type of cues is very different, it's not a bunch of cheap random eBay cues but about the same type of cue.

It is not a 2nd account , It Is me and a few can vouch that it is me on here. I like to discuss Cues , Gosh forbid we do that on a pool forum. Yes I like Balabushka cues , Adam Japan Cues , Titest Cues. Yes I over think them but I enjoy discussing them. I am at home most of the time , Found out I had Cancer at 42 , last year . I quit Playing 20 years ago and My Son got me back into Playing and we love Cues. I ask to many Questions but I enjoy the response and seeing Pic's and Learning . It takes my mind of my current Situation and if that bothers someone here I Apologize and will stop Asap. Thanks

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not a 2nd account , It Is me and a few can vouch that it is me on here. I like to discuss Cues , Gosh forbid we do that on a pool forum. Yes I like Balabushka cues , Adam Japan Cues , Titest Cues. Yes I over think them but I enjoy discussing them. I am at home most of the time , Found out I had Cancer at 42 , last year . I quit Playing 20 years ago and My Son got me back into Playing and we love Cues. I ask to many Questions but I enjoy the response and seeing Pic's and Learning . It takes my mind of my current Situation and if that bothers someone here I Apologize and will stop Asap. Thanks

Don't sweat it. Just searc before posting, read up on what you find and then continue discussion in the appropriate thread.

Nobody is expected to know all the shit that's posted here, but it is easy to search and it does everyone good to have lots of info in one place.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Do not worry about over-paying if it's something you want. Be worried about letting what you want slip away. That is what will haunt you.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of these posters are just ***hol*s. Ask anything u want - that’s what a forum is for.
Ignore the nitty yappy comments. Bunch of clowns never could play anyways.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of these posters are just ***hol*s. Ask anything u want - that’s what a forum is for.
Ignore the nitty yappy comments. Bunch of clowns never could play anyways.

Thanks Ray , I Appreciate that . But I think I have done enough posting around here . I will just fade in the background and hang out so to speak. I used to be a really decent player back in my Prime , Time seems to catch up with everybody and things change. :cool:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's how folks are around here bud, I enjoy your posts and questions. Hope the cancer is in remission.

I liked Justin too btw, learned a lot about random cuemakers I probably wouldn't have heard or learned about had he not asked.

Probably better just to ignore the negative folks and be do a search first if you are wanting to discuss a super well known brand that has likely been discussed before.

And you will find when you use the search function, someone will bust your balls for bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one, some folks just like complaining.

Ok back to discussing which carbon fiber shaft is best...

Last edited:

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's how folks are around here bud, I enjoy your posts and questions. Hope the cancer is in remission.

I liked Justin too btw, learned a lot about random cuemakers I probably wouldn't have heard or learned about had he not asked.

Probably better just to ignore the negative folks and be do a search first if you are wanting to discuss a super well known brand that has likely been discussed before.

And you will find when you use the search function, someone will bust your balls for bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one, some folks just like complaining.

Ok back to discussing which carbon fiber shaft is best...

Yes Sir , Thanks for the Advice. I Appreciate it . I had about a foot of my Colon removed and went thru Chemo Treatments , rough stuff . But The Good Lord has Blessed me Beyond Measure and I cannot Thank him enough for every minute he gives me. Thru Him I will beat it . Thanks

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member

If it walks like a J, talks like a J, it must be a J... ???

And I thought I was into conspiracies... But I would agree.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it is indeed built with a Titleist blank and has Viking logo in clear ring I think the price is a very good deal.

Agreed.

But I have no idea if that is what is being talked about.

I have such a cue. 66/67 as far as I can tell.

Not for sale. :wink: