Why cte doesn't work for me.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Cte to me is nothing more than a fractional system.
Everyone should have a psr and the beginning instructions of this system gives you that ..which is great. I also feel is place's my body maybe over cutting maybe under cutting..maybe sometimes on the money
From there I have to make adjustments from a thick or to a thin cut...thick is fine..thin is bad.

The way I aim is always from the thick side..the adjustments are one way and when using cte its a little tougher to see if your thick or thin on some shots. Example .
Using the contact point on a lets say 39 degree angle shot ..aim the contact point ..sight through the side of the tip and make a small move to get in position to reach the shot line.This connection doesn't happen for me using cte..it creates 3 different perceptions..on the money..thick or thin.

Giving my honest opinion here. Just curious what problems of the other user have experienced giving it a go.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Everyone should have a psr and the beginning instructions of this system gives you that ..which is great. I also feel is place's my body maybe over cutting maybe under cutting..maybe sometimes on the money
From there I have to make adjustments from a thick or to a thin cut...thick is fine..thin is bad.

The way I aim is always from the thick side..the adjustments are one way and when using cte its a little tougher to see if your thick or thin on some shots. Example .
Using the contact point on a lets say 39 degree angle shot ..aim the contact point ..sight through the side of the tip and make a small move to get in position to reach the shot line.This connection doesn't happen for me using cte..it creates 3 different perceptions..on the money..thick or thin.

Giving my honest opinion here. Just curious what problems of the other user have experienced giving it a go.

When I tried the manual pivots I made some shots and missed some shots. The sweep method was more successful because the perception got me close, then my experience dialed into the result. But I prefer to reference one aim line, the path the cb takes, rather than reference a line that is a little thick or a little thin.

Could just be I'm not willing to escape the noser perspective. That's what I prefer. Like many players, I simply connect my stroke with the path the cb needs to travel, as viewed from directly behind the cb, sometimes from a ccb perspective and other times offset depending on applied spin/english.

For your 39° cut angle example.... I know what the cb-ob relationship needs to be simply through experience. Then I reference (from directly behind the cb) the path the cb needs to follow in order to create that relationship. That is the perception I reference. It works for me, and that's all that matters. When you find something that works better for you than what you're currently using, it's probably a good idea to adopt the new method. So it's good to experiment with the various systems available. What works well for me or you might not work too great for someone else, just as what works for someone else might not work well for me or you.

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Giving my honest opinion here. Just curious what prob
lems of the other user have experienced giving it a go.
it doesnt work for you because the system doesnt 100% put you on the shot and you have to make a minor tweak somehow? your not robot or able to draw lines on the table for every shot, subconsense adjustments will be made as you learn the system but if you look at like your a robot you will struggle

added: the more you shoot with the system the easier it is to find and step into the pro1 shooting line, it's up to decide the why that is .... are you subconsciously adjusting or actually finding the correct lines stan talks about and teaches

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
it doesnt work for you because the system doesnt 100% put you on the shot and you have to make a minor tweak somehow? your not robot or able to draw lines on the table for every shot, subconsense adjustments will be made as you learn the system but if you look at like your a robot you will struggle
Subconscious adjustments ?
You adjust without thinking ?

What if A will be too thick ? Then again, how do you know it will be too thick?
Joey~Hoping the sensitive ladies do not turn this to another flame war~

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subconscious adjustments ?
You adjust without thinking ?

What if A will be too thick ? Then again, how do you know it will be too thick?
Joey~Hoping the sensitive ladies do not turn this to another flame war~

practice, practice and more practice and put on your thinking hat, hows that?

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That did not answer the question.
What if A is too thick and B is too thin?

Personally I will look at the shot and recognise that its an in between shot and choose which alignment would be best for that particular shot based on shape, how im shooting that day, or the weather outside,etc ...

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Personally I will look at the shot and recognise that its an in between shot and choose which alignment would be best for that particular shot based on shape, how im shooting that day, or the weather outside,etc ...

So, you start with a visual with A being a little in or out ?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

added: the more you shoot with the system the easier it is to find and step into the pro1 shooting line, it's up to decide the why that is .... are you subconsciously adjusting or actually finding the correct lines stan talks about and teaches

So are you making adjustments to get the system to work?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
So are you making adjustments to get the system to work?

Here are some answers provided by Scarlett, which sound pretty reasonable. The first one, the "robot", is why had issues. The last one is exactly what I do with my aiming method, what most players do with any method. Another good answer was "practice, practice, practice". That one actually works for every method.

.......your not robot or able to draw lines on the table for every shot, subconsense adjustments will be made as you learn the system but if you look at like your a robot you will struggle

......Stan says the system "takes you to" a slight overcut for throw. You do that, not the system.
pj
chgo

i believe stan is correct and you are also ... you teach yourself that you need to "hit here" to make the system/alignments/shot work ...

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
So people who are actually using pro1 only get it to work with practice and self adjustments. This is know different then fractional aiming..you pick a fraction and its either close or on the money.

The system is sold as objective with know adjustments...center pockets I think were his words.

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So people who are actually using pro1 only get it to work with practice and self adjustments. This is know different then fractional aiming..you pick a fraction and its either close or on the money.

The system is sold as objective with know adjustments...center pockets I think were his words.

pretty much everything takes practice, unless you gifted...i have never used or tried a fractional aiming system, i dunno and cant comment, ...