Ginky's first jump shot captured on film

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been out of the pool scene for some time, but I wanted to share an image of him from the late 80's. Guess how old he was...he had very thin peach fuzz on his chin.

It was taken downstairs at the old Chelsea Billiards. At the time I was able to spot him the 7 or 8. Within the year he was spotting me the 8 and two games in a race to 9. :)

He wanted to learn how to jump but wasn't having luck. Not shown is a famous pool shark doing the teaching...I was only taking pictures with an old Nikon FM, motor drive and six rolls of Tri-x film

We got the attached shot after about 4 rolls. A few years ago Ginky asked me if I still had the image. I did, and I scanned it for him (I worked at The Color Wheel so we had high resolution scanners at my disposal).

I have the original high resolution image if AZBilliards or some other entity wants it, just promise any proceeds to go the family.

[EDIT] Actually, if a family member PM's me I'm happy to provide the high resolution image which is about 400 megs in size, (and all rights) to them.

PM me for info.

Poolmouse

Attachments

• GeorgeSanSouci.jpg
    GeorgeSanSouci.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Great picture! The guy I used to play at Amsterdam Billiards (circa 1991) didn't look much older than that. I'd say George was around 17 or 18 at the time of this picture.

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[EDIT] Actually, if a family member PM's me I'm happy to provide the high resolution image which is about 400 megs in size, (and all rights) to them.

After three years of trying, I finally got the image over to Ginky's family.

Mission accomplished.

Poolmouse