Lathe recommendations wanted

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a local pool room owner in the market for a new lathe for minor repairs and tip work for house cues as well as customer shafts. Can anyone recommend a good quality lathe for this purpose? Something that would be set up and ready to go without needing any modifications?

Thanks in advance!

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a local pool room owner in the market for a new lathe for minor repairs and tip work for house cues as well as customer shafts. Can anyone recommend a good quality lathe for this purpose? Something that would be set up and ready to go without needing any modifications?

Thanks in advance!

I can recommend the following two without any reservations at all. I have one each of their machines. Their equipment and customer service are great.

Mid-America (tsp&b on here)
Chris Hightower (cueman on here)

Keith

P.S. I'm not a cuemaker. Mods please delete if needed.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I like the cue companion by Unique Products for tips and shaft cleaning.
We have a Cue Companion and a Hightower Deluxe for cue building.
Unique Products, Hightower, Mid America, and Porper are all good.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
You can't go wrong with a Hightower lathe (Cuesmith). I've been considering getting back into some repairs and what not myself and I've been eyeballing the micro or the midsize. I've owned two of his Deluxe models before with good results.

He has packages available for them that will pretty much get you turnkeyed into being able to do repairs.