Refinish an old Palmer or leave it alone?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My gut tells me to leave it alone. The forearm had a really thin possibly oil finish. The butt sleeve is perfect because it is plastic. Part of me thinks it should be left alone as it tells a story, though the other half of me thinks the forearm should look as good as the buttsleeve.

ff6vn1U.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Second Catalog Model F

In your pictures it appears to be a candidate for a refinish. My recommendation would be to have it refinished using lacquer. If the wrap is original and you wish to retain it, it can be cleaned.

Good luck. These are nice cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My gut tells me to leave it alone. The forearm had a really thin possibly oil finish. The butt sleeve is perfect because it is plastic. Part of me thinks it should be left alone as it tells a story, though the other half of me thinks the forearm should look as good as the buttsleeve.

ff6vn1U.jpg
Make it shiny again. Super cool butt-sleeve.

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Nice old Mod. F! I would do what Jay mentioned. Have it cleaned up and refinished with lacquer and have the wrap cleaned. It's not real rare and I think a nice refinish will certainly kick up the eye appeal. :thumbup:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Because of the condition, my vote is to refinish. I like colorful veneers and it will bring out the beauty of this cue.

In the next day or so, I'll show some pics of the a purpleheart 26 1/2 and a Titleist conversion that David Brainard (Cues Directly) did for me - just got them back.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
If you plan on it being your player for life have it refinished. If your looking for resale value or it's a legacy cue, leave it be.