People that are scared to meet and actually play pool.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've came to know several people on azb that for some reason talk the the talk but when it comes to actually meeting and actually playing str8 pool, 1hole, 10 ball or anything...... well, its always the same ole crap, I would but........etc, etc, etc...... never fails.

Now, I know as well as anyone that a lot of members on here are up in years and can't play for long periods of time and can only play certain days and even then, are limited to "what" they play and even certain rooms, I get it.

I'm not speaking of them. I'm talking about the 30, 40, 50 and 60ish year old folks that are in good health and are full of chit, that do what I'm about to talk about.

Im almost to the point of calling one person out in the open. Why? Well:

He continuously drills newbs for asking "newb questions" and also argues to no end with seasoned players about things that are more advanced and talks as if he was a real strong player at one point but is still a shortstop speed player, not to mention, he claims to be a "well paid" instructor/ coach that has a full schedule all the time with hardly any time to play private matches.

Well, I "just happen" to overhear him talking about a particular situation that involves another AZB member.

I was in a strange room, didn't know anyone there and was taking a break from hitting balls.

Well, as said above, I couldn't help but overhear something and that something could only be known by someone that's pretty familiar with the older and newer threads on AIMING in general.

The more he talked the more I listened and it clicked and I knew or at least had a real good idea of who he was on here.

After all his woofing on here and the right out lies I witnessed him blabbering out to what seemed to be what most would consider "less knowledgeable" players. I spoke up and ask him if he belonged to AZB.

LOL.... he paused, and then said "I'm aware of it but, I dont really know much about it."

After just hearing him literally trash a well known and very respected member on here that talks the talk AND walks the walk just fine! I came out and ask him what he thought about certain aiming techniques, what he uses, what games he likes to play and for how much etc...etc.

After he more or less shook like a leaf on a tree while he was backpedaling to the door, I ask him how much he charged for lessons.

LOLLOLOLOL..... at least half a dozen rail birds almost fell to the floor laughing.

After he left I was filled in about him.

I immediately sent him a message on here. I told him that if I EVER seen him jump on even one member, new or old, I would let everyone know who he is, where he played and above all, he is no instructor and is a weak, weak a55 player not to mention, MUCH YOUNGER THAN HE SAYS HE IS.

Why would anyone lie about their age and tell people they are ~20ish years older than they actually are.

Some people are really good at pulling the wool over the masse' eyes. He has done a very good job at it for a long time "on here"......"till now".

I'm a man of my word, I gave him my word and as long as he chills out I will keep my word and not say anything further.

Bottom line:

Dont take shit for granted, insist for videos, creditable witnesses etc.. otherwise I'm to the point of just saying BS and move on.

Sorry for the long post. I know many of you have felt with this stuff before, as I have. I guess from time to time we (i) need to vent about such things.

Rake << nothing special but, I can and will back up what I claim. Recorder's are cheap.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I've came to know several people on azb that for some reason talk the the talk but when it comes to actually meeting and actually playing str8 pool, 1hole, 10 ball or anything...... well, its always the same ole crap, I would but........etc, etc, etc...... never fails.

You mean AZB is like an actual pool room??

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An empty can rattles the loudest.

I agree!

I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. Sometimes however, it gets harder and harder to do.

The empty can, yep, that's why empty cans get kicked down the road.... lol.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean AZB is like an actual pool room??

Like a room? Well, sometimes.... on a good day. On other days, nope, not at all.

In a room we can be lied to but it dont take long to match someone's claims to their actual potential.

Online.....LOL..... a person can go for a very long time while making people believe they are this or that since we can't "see" it....well, we either take their word or call BS and move on.

I'm starting to get in the habit of calling BS unless their is a reason not to.

Prime example:

Some called me on claims of putting certain 10 ball packs together. Well, I made videos, posted them and that was that.

If I hadn't posted videos, well, I wouldn't have blamed anyone person for calling BS.

anyways, this internet thing is not like in person when dealing with strangers, as I'm sure you know.

I knew everyone had already experienced such things before. Some much more than I but, I think it's a good idea to be reminded that the INTERNET and POOL is a breeding ground for stretching the truth or to outright telling lies for obvious reasons.

Normally it doesn't bother me. But, when it involves someone that is a VERY strong player and an even better person being trashed...... well, where do we draw the line?

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, some/a lot of people might see a chance to shoot with a stranger in a competitive way, even if it's not for money..I get that..I also get just being shy in a social way.

anyway, me personally, I'm more pool student than stud, but my love for the game has led me to playing a lot of different folks, and most of em ended up being friendly enough.
and for all the experiences I've had meeting strangers over a pool table, I'm glad.

if anybody here finds themselves in seattle and wanting to bond (not bet- no disrespect) over pool and their beverage of choice, feel free to say hi- first round's on me yea :thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, some/a lot of people might see a chance to shoot with a stranger in a competitive way, even if it's not for money..I get that..I also get just being shy in a social way.

anyway, me personally, I'm more pool student than stud, but my love for the game has led me to playing a lot of different folks, and most of em ended up being friendly enough.
and for all the experiences I've had meeting strangers over a pool table, I'm glad.

if anybody here finds themselves in seattle and wanting to bond (not bet- no disrespect) over pool and their beverage of choice, feel free to say hi- first round's on me yea :thumbup:

Same here. I've let it be known many times that I live in Florence, Alabama and that I'm up to play ANYBODY for cheap sets. Hell, I'll play funnzies pool too.

I'm just a banger trying to be a player.

From time to time, I get a chance to play a pro for cheap 10 ball, then again, sometimes i give up more weight than i should to get certain people to play. With the pro or the weaker than me player that's getting to much weight, lol..... I'm likely to lose but either way I have a blast.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I run into the same thing with people I connect to doing genealogy. They may
email you, message you but won't talk on the phone with you. I get rid of fake ass people.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why it matters to any of you how another lives his life.

Preachy might be worse than fantasy.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the odds? Too funny.

I also belong to a large MMA forum and it doesn't take too long for someone run their mouth behind their keyboard before the community pulls money for one member to fly wherever to another member's location.

They will compare skills via a "sparing" match and record it for everyone else to see. Usually 1 member will stop posting or create another account.

With that said, if anyone needs pool lessons, hit me up. I'm pretty sure I could be on the MC team. JC...stay away from my state!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their was a poster on here some years back from New York.
He was coming to Denver to visit relatives.
He said he was a straight pool player with a high run of 130 balls.
I told him i played straight pool and have run a 100 balls.
So it should be a good match up.
We met up and played.
He couldn't run 10 balls with an open rack.
After a couple racks i could see this guy had never run 130 balls.

Why would someone claim to be a good player and show up and be exposed?
Did he think I was a fraud?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their was a poster on here some years back from New York.
He was coming to Denver to visit relatives.
He said he was a straight pool player with a high run of 130 balls.
I told him i played straight pool and have run a 100 balls.
So it should be a good match up.
We met up and played.
He couldn't run 10 balls with an open rack.
After a couple racks i could see this guy had never run 130 balls.

Why would someone claim to be a good player and show up and be exposed?
Did he think I was a fraud?

He didnt know the difference, how could he know someone else did? :thumbup:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny stuff. It’s the teacher part that bugs me. You’re doing the folks who are looking for a qualified instructor a disservice by not calling him out. To some extent you’re also calling out all instructors because I’m wondering if you’re talking about that guy near me who gives lessons. But at the end of the day you’re probably handling it right. We both know this tool will eventually talk crap again and get called out by somebody.