Huebler Custom Shop

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Someone bumped the thread about Mr. Huebler’s passing and it got me thinking about his work. Here is a photo of some of the cues that came out of the Custom Shop.
The cues span from 1986-98, and I’ve enjoyed shooting with all of them.

Attachments

• 9DBFE8B9-7B25-49B7-9441-AD56A7126804.jpg
    9DBFE8B9-7B25-49B7-9441-AD56A7126804.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,852

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice collection.

I see a Blue Mammoth, a legendary model.

Great cues.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Love that bottom Hoppe. I've been looking for one of those for several years. Can never seem to find one, though.

Great collection.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love that bottom Hoppe. I've been looking for one of those for several years. Can never seem to find one, though.

Great collection.

Thanks.
I don’t think very many of the “number” cues were made, I've only seen one other one.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone bumped the thread about Mr. Huebler’s passing and it got me thinking about his work. Here is a photo of some of the cues that came out of the Custom Shop.
The cues span from 1986-98, and I’ve enjoyed shooting with all of them.

Hello Maxx, here is a picture of an early Huebler when he was in a partnership with another cue maker. It's the one with the linen wrap. It's not mine but I was offered the chance to buy it last year.

picture.php

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it is not a custom, my old mid 70’s Huebler has the same forearm are one of yours. The Huebler is in the middle with the hoppe ring

jAvvrGY.jpg

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
While it is not a custom, my old mid 70’s Huebler has the same forearm are one of yours. The Huebler is in the middle with the hoppe ring

That's a sweet cue, looks like a nice player. Have you had it since the 70's?

David, is that one of the sticker cues from Meucci?

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, but I bought it from a guy who bought it while he was in college in the 70’s. The cue is a few years older than me. It has the RH7 logo on it designating it a Renaissance model #7 cue.

I just noticed it has the same butt cap and joint as the last cue in you group.

8aVkfdi.jpg

Last edited:

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a gorgeous Hoppe cue.

Also, PDX...I am just getting active on the forums again (Took a long hiatus due to work and life), but I'm not too far away from you down the road in The Dalles these days.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, but I bought it from a guy who bought it while he was in college in the 70’s. The cue is a few years older than me. It has the RH7 logo on it designating it a Renaissance model #7 cue.

I just noticed it has the same butt cap and joint as the last cue in you group.
I missed that. I have one other cue that has the same butt cap.

Attachments

• 39581B30-D049-4409-9782-141A217F9656.jpg
    39581B30-D049-4409-9782-141A217F9656.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,174
  • AB8E9431-CEA5-40D2-BDC7-1189922EF79A.jpg
    AB8E9431-CEA5-40D2-BDC7-1189922EF79A.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,187

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told it was a joint venture between Meucci and Huebler, a venture that did not last very long.

I sent you an email as to who owns it in case you want it. He sells many new cues every year but I don't think he sells used ones, it came to him on trade or something.

It's a cool cue but one ring was bad I believe. I almost bought it for my own collection but we had no idea what it was worth. We would like to know, if I make him a fair offer, he would say yes and it would be smiling near my table that day.

If anyone has any idea, spit it out.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Cool cues from Huebler in this thread. I picked up a 86 Hitter series H-D yesterday tulipwood with 4 ebony points. Pawn shop 40 bucks. Needs cleaned up, but straight and sounds solid. I'll chuck it up and try cleaning and pressing the filthy wrap today. My dog likes it...

Attachments

• IMAG2574.jpg
    IMAG2574.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:

CincyQCollector

One of my favorite Huebler cues!

Paul had suggested it was made in the mid 1970's but wasn't sure exactly when. I call it his Bushka tribute. I have never seen another one like it.

Attachments

• Custom Pearl Dot bt 1 sm.jpg
    Custom Pearl Dot bt 1 sm.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Custom Pearl Dot bt 2 sm.jpg
    Custom Pearl Dot bt 2 sm.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Custom Pearl Dot FR sm.jpg
    Custom Pearl Dot FR sm.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 391

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Paul had suggested it was made in the mid 1970's but wasn't sure exactly when. I call it his Bushka tribute. I have never seen another one like it.
My first thought was Burton Spain tribute when I saw it then I read your Bushka tribute comment. The ring work really reminds me of Burton's work. You have a really nice cue.

CincyQCollector

Thanks Chris! I agree about the ringwork. It was one of my first cues when I started collecting Hueblers (my first Huebler was bought in 1980 - sold it to a friend who still has it). And as you might expect it plays fantastic although I don't play it that much.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never seen anything Huebler did that topped the US Open cue.

IMO, it is a masterpiece, and one of my all-time favorite cues from ANY cuemaker.

Ken

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with you Ken! That’s one reason you don’t see very many US Opens up for sale.
I have been selling some cues, no Huebler’s yet, but I’ve come to the conclusion that you can have too many cues.

CincyQCollector that is a very special cue you posted, I like it a lot. People posted some nice Huebler cues in this thread, thanks for sharing!

Last edited: