Disappointing Sportsmanship or Not?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The problem is with the rule

I agree with Petey oh 9.

A rule should remove any personal feelings from the decision.

It's a game. It has no emotions.

The rule gives the opponent options. Nobody else. Simply make a rule giving everybody or better yet nobody options and the issue is closed.

Hu

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You said a rule gives options. It shouldn't.
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the rules. This is just a question of what a player would choose to do if they were in that situation, and there is a variety of opinions being expressed here.

LosOsosCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mate there were 4 balls on the table. 6,7,8,9. it’s not like one of the balls magically reappeared. Your making something out of nothing, while calling into question player A’s integrity. I know you don’t mean to but for me your the only one out of line.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the rules. This is just a question of what a player would choose to do if they were in that situation, and there is a variety of opinions being expressed here.

This thread, like any other, will stray, morph and change course. The Interwebz' a dynamic beast.

You as the OP can attempt to influence it's direction. But when you ask for opinion, then suggest those that do not share the same as you somehow lack integrity, best hold fast the rudder, skippy.

Stormy

Sportsmanship

Unfortunately, i see and read about poor sportsmanship
a lot. IMO the opponent should have told the player. Would that player have wanted to be told if things were reversed?

Really, for those players who give pool lessons either paid for or free need to teach proper pool etiquette as part of their teachings.

This is a sport and as players we represent the sport, how do we want to convey it?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, i see and read about poor sportsmanship
a lot. IMO the opponent should have told the player. Would that player have wanted to be told if things were reversed?

Really, for those players who give pool lessons either paid for or free need to teach proper pool etiquette as part of their teachings.

This is a sport and as players we represent the sport, how do we want to convey it?

:thumbup:

Greatest first post I've ever seen!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I don't play in a league or gamble much to speak of but do play a guy for hours on end a few times a month. If we play 4 hours of 9 ball he will shoot the wrong ball an average of 2.7 times.

He knows my policy. The first time I stop him, after that he's on his own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk