Alex Pagulayan vs Eklent Kaci Action Match July 27-29th...Who do you guys like ?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 431

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
Nope

Win or lose, I have a feeling Alex is going to want to run it back.

If Alex can't win after 3 days of play at this game, he isn't going to want to keep playing this same game.

He will just move on to a different game.
Plenty of action around there that suits him.
Meaning, plenty of poker players that like to play Alex 1hole getting huge weight for 3k per game. He will get into some of that and win his money back or (someone's money) back...then some more on top.

He will just take this loss and move on.

Sorry for people that bet on Alex....But Alex is experimenting when to wear the glasses and when not to....can't be unsure in a fast paced rotation game.

In the meantime, I think Alex can still can play top level onepocket… while experimenting with the glasses.

Just my opinion....btw, I'm a huge Alex fan...just had a bad feeling about this matchup.

Karate-

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
If Alex can't win after 3 days of play at this game, he isn't going to want to keep playing this same game.

He will just move on to a different game.
Plenty of action around there that suits him.
Meaning, plenty of poker players that like to play Alex 1hole getting huge weight for 3k per game. He will get into some of that and win his money back or (someone's money) back...then some more on top.

He will just take this loss and move on.

Sorry for people that bet on Alex....But Alex is experimenting when to wear the glasses and when not to....can't be unsure in a fast paced rotation game.

In the meantime, I think Alex can still can play top level onepocket… while experimenting with the glasses.

Just my opinion....btw, I'm a huge Alex fan...just had a bad feeling about this matchup.

Karate-

No need to make excuses for Alex. With the glasses on, he looked sharp in the World Cup of Pool, tied for 5th at the US Open in the spring and tied for 5th again in the WPA World 10-ball. He's still one of the best, but he's not the Alex of old. He got into a tough game here for sure. Maybe he'll make the comeback. We shall see.

He remains the world's best one pocket player and everyone knows it. Good for him if there's a line of poker players forming around the block to play him for very high stakes at that game even though he's the best, but it sounds too good to be true. If it is true, he should probably move to Las Vegas.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just as a minor nitpick, the WPA rules and the derby city classic rules say that the ball just needs to reach the head string with the edge of the object ball. It is doesn’t to cross it.

“...ball must touch the head string line.

--To touch the head string line means that the edge of the object ball must reach (break) the string line.”

Freddie <~~~ lucky to get 1 point

The WPA rules actually have it both ways for the 3-point rule. Rule 2.3 uses the language "cross the head string" (not "touch"). But Regulation 18, to give additional information about the 3-point rule, uses the language "touch the head string line." I pointed out this inconsistency 3 years ago (only on AzB), but it's still that way.

As for what has actually been used in some of the tournaments I've tracked:

• WPA World 9-Ball Championship -- cross head string (2018, 2016, 2015)

• DCC 9-Ball -- cross head string (2019); no 3-point rule (all prior years)

• International 9-Ball Open -- touch head string plane (2018, new event)

• US Open 9-Ball Championship -- pass side pockets (2011-2015); pass head string (2016); touch head string plane (2017); no 3-point rule (2019)

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need to make excuses for Alex. With the glasses on, he looked sharp in the World Cup of Pool, tied for 5th at the US Open in the spring and tied for 5th again in the WPA World 10-ball. He's still one of the best, but he's not the Alex of old. He got into a tough game here for sure. Maybe he'll make the comeback. We shall see.

He remains the world's best one pocket player and everyone knows it. Good for him if there's a line of poker players forming around the block to play him for very high stakes at that game even though he's the best, but it sounds too good to be true. If it is true, he should probably move to Las Vegas.

Everyone but DO might believe that ,stay tuned because that match might just happen

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3rd set now it's do or die for Alex

Alex not wearing the glasses at all now and he seems to have a little pep in his step

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 325

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the break shot you get one point for each ball pocketed and one point for each ball that crosses the head string.

The breaker must make a combination of at least 3 points of balls pocketed or crossing the head string or it's a non compliant break.

The non breaker then has the option to shoot or give it back to the breaker on non compliant breaks.

What happens if balls pass the head string, hit the top rail and bounce back down table?

Do balls have to come to rest in the head string to count?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happens if balls pass the head string, hit the top rail and bounce back down table?

Do balls have to come to rest in the head string to count?
No they don't have to stay in the kitchen as soon as they touch the head strings it's a point

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex has played Filler and Kaci this week for the cash :eek:

Tuff Action for anybody :)

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 309

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Kaci playing his male shaft
I read that he switched from carbon fiber in the middle of set one

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Kaci playing his male shaft
I read that he switched from carbon fiber in the middle of set one
He switched to his wood shaft from his Revo mid match in the 1st set and he's still using it and playing great.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    98.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kaci runs three and misses a bank combo trying to make the 9.

Alex back at the table with a chance

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 293