Reviving Bonus Ball

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Bonus ball had some thunder.

Capturing lighting in a bottle is easy when you know its been bottled up for a while.

Instead of committing to an arena I think it should be a road show that includes locals and a few road players.

Its a real business plan with potential.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus ball had some thunder.

Capturing lighting in a bottle is easy when you know its been bottled up for a while.

Instead of committing to an arena I think it should be a road show that includes locals and a few road players.

Its a real business plan with potential.
Seriously??? Its deader than HulaHoop.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better idea, keep bonus ball dead and organize a pro tour. There are enough big events in this country to have one.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Careful there,

Jeremy Jones' blood pressure just shot up to 210/120....;)

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually liked it but I think I was part of a very distinct minority

I thought it was totally bad ass, but I'm a pool junkie, nobody else cared. Thinking about that New York team, Keep your head up Larry you are one of the greats!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Seriously??? Its deader than HulaHoop.

Have you ever seen someone that can really hula hoop? Oh it's hot, and very lively, at least when a pretty girl does it. I met a chick in Colorado that moved like a snake, bending this way and that and jumping through the thing. Oh how I miss her sometimes.

The game of bonus ball seemed kinda cool. Definitely tough. As silly as it seems it was the color scheme that really turned me off. The gray/orange/purple mix was just horrendous to me.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Can a cadaver be revived?

Possibly... but with unforeseen repercussions... ask Dr. Fraunkensteen.

its-alive.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I told you people that someday, I would be the only BB left standing!

Who rides the solar cycle with no hands ma?
Who found the ark inside texarkana?
Who asks the questions that have no answers?

Half-blind and spitting straight into the wind.
Down, down, trying to drag me down.
In dog years.

I am immortal.
I am immortal.
I am immortal.

In dog years

The blood of lions,
I, liquefying.
I ain't dying.
I am immortal.
-neil

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i very much respect archer and co for atleast trying to bump up pool when it was in a deep hole, i really disliked seeing the flak he got for bonus ball. agree on the concept being flawed though

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i very much respect archer and co for atleast trying to bump up pool when it was in a deep hole, i really disliked seeing the flak he got for bonus ball. agree on the concept being flawed though

Meh...it was his last grasp at making a viable living as a player.

I agree he can't be faulted for trying, but don't imply success for the game at large was his motivation.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I greatly respect those who tried to make Bonus Ball work, and Bonus Ball was a very challenging game, but it had two strikes against it from day one:

1) playing a game that nobody was familiar with
2) huge overestimation of the average pool fan's taste for team play

Making the game unfamiliar to pool fans is a tradition that continues on today. The "call shot, call safe ten ball" and "ten ball last" flavors are the two latest examples of pro pool's unswerving commitment to making the game completely unrecognizable to its fans.

Most amateur pool fans want to watch the games they themselves play with a swift pace, no racking disputes and counting the money ball on the break. The pros don't see a need to play the same kind of pool the amateurs play, explaining in part why so few amateurs care about them.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I never really understood the total negative reaction to BB. I rather enjoyed it. It was another attempt at gaining some interest in cue sports. There is more to this game than just the "chosen" games. It reminds me of rotation games coming into their own when straight pool was the "only" game that was respected.