Frost pissed off the Lion, discussing pool etiquette

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleary View Post
People always try to come up with "what's wrong with pool", "how do we fix pool"... want to know what's wrong with pool? The people who play pool. That's what's wrong with pool. Case closed.

:::stomps foot::: Witness-ahh!

Lesh

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first time seeing Alex openly upset with another player. Does anyone know the full story? Like what comment Frost made to him?

https://youtu.be/aVyNAmhKbm0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Alex got upset because he felt Scott was kind of disrespecting him always talking about Alex getting all the rolls and lucky.

That's when Alex said just face it i am better than you lol

This was a hell of match that lasted 5 days and as you can hear things just got a little heated.

After the match was over Alex did an interview and he basically apologized saying it was in the heat of a battle and he was sorry for saying some of the stuff he said.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex got upset because he felt Scott was kind of disrespecting him always talking about Alex getting all the rolls and lucky.

That's when Alex said just face it i am better than you lol

This was a hell of match that lasted 5 days and as you can hear things just got a little heated.

After the match was over Alex did an interview and he basically apologized saying it was in the heat of a battle and he was sorry for saying some of the stuff he said.

Did Alex win the match?

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this One Pocket or a contest of who can rack for the longest amount of time... because Alex nailed it.

:smile:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Alex win the match?
Yep he won the match and the 50k that was in the middle it just took 5 days to do it lol

I think this happened about the 3rd day it really wasn't just one thing Scott said it was 3 days of complaining about the rolls and luck that got Alex pissed.

This was one hell of a match the play was amazing from both players this has to be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever caught on video imo.

Last edited:

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep he won the match and the 50k that was in the middle it just took 5 days to do it lol

I think this happened about the 3rd day it really wasn't just one thing Scott said it was 3 days of complaining about the rolls and luck that got Alex pissed.

This was one hell of a match the play was amazing from both players this has to be one of the greatest one pocket matches ever caught on video imo.
Was this from the $50k One Pocket match last June? Also what was the comment that Alex made to Frost that made him so upset? Can't really hear from the audio.
2b904bfc6f460a3b944ea79d6f7f35c9.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was this from the $50k One Pocket match last June? Also what was the comment that Alex made to Frost that made him so upset? Can't really hear from the audio.
2b904bfc6f460a3b944ea79d6f7f35c9.jpg

Yes this is from 50k one pocket match in Vegas

Like i said i really wasn't one thing Scott said it was 3 days of Scott crying about about the rolls Alex was getting and this is just the point when Alex snapped.

Alex says just face it Scott i am better than you that's when Scott says prove it, Alex said shut the hell up and i will i promise i am going to beat you lol

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a reminder to all..,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleary View Post
People always try to come up with "what's wrong with pool", "how do we fix pool"... want to know what's wrong with pool? The people who play pool. That's what's wrong with pool. Case closed.

:::stomps foot::: Witness-ahh!

Lesh

If you ever get a chance to sit court side at NBA game or near the field of a NFL game don't even mention soccer you'll hear far worse ever other second from beginning to end.

Alex and Scott aren't friends and that's good fro the game. When they paly we know its on the square and someone aint going to like it.

NBA, NFL, MLB all having PR nightmares, drugs, guns, spousal abusers, but the games keep getting bigger and more profitable, strange isn't it?

Pool just needs some big name people who fall in Love with it or a someone who has star power outside of people to attract attention to the game and the Money will come. Everybody in the world knew who Minnesota Fats was and he wasn't close the best player at any game.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't there one where Alex lambasted Frost in like 1-2 days? Playing 6 or 7 ahead? Am I making this up? Was it vs someone else? I swore it was Frost/Alex, maybe longer ago?

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes this is from 50k one pocket match in Vegas

Like i said i really wasn't one thing Scott said it was 3 days of Scott crying about about the rolls Alex was getting and this is just the point when Alex snapped.

Alex says just face it Scott i am better than you that's when Scott says prove it, Alex said shut the hell up and i will i promise i am going to beat you lol
Wow, talk about poor sportsmanship. Alex is a very nice and respectable man. Both professionals and the crowd love Alex because of his personality and sportsmanship. I'd say it must've taken a lot to turn Alex to act like this. I'm so glad that he won, it makes things that much more sweeter for him.

Now Frost has his match with Efren Reyes next month in July with the same pot amount but win by 2 instead of 8 with Alex. I wonder if he's gonna say Efren got lucky too LOL.
9d9e6b41b64f086465aec16f0a7e9af2.jpg

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
This was the second time Alex proved he is better than Scott. His tournament performances are a strong tale of the tape as well.

Scott was also complaining about Alex's break and how he was racking.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correction,

This was the second time Alex proved he is better than Scott. His tournament performances are a strong tale of the tape as well.

Scott was also complaining about Alex's break and how he was racking.

The Third time!

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Scott will always complain about the rolls. It's in his dna.

I'm a little surprised at the middle finger jester he gave Alex right at the beginning when Scott walks around Alex. Talk about acting your age.

He flips off Alex, then tells him to act his age. Nice.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the tape Frost references Alex saying something like: "If I knew how to play this game you'd be in trouble." He says that is what pissed him off. He came back from a break and heard Alex saying it right before this game. Then Alex says "nice game" or "nice shot" to him and that's when he flipped him off and said something else that I couldn't quite make out but it sounded like it roughly translated to "I know it was I don't need you to tell me."

As others mentioned this was obviously a situation that had been boiling up for a while. Probably as long as they've been competing with each other.

I don't personally like it but I think it's good for the game. If pool players acted like spoiled brats and drove phat cars and had a lot of drama the game would have a lot more mass appeal than it does now. I would probably stop playing though...

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea

Scott will always complain about the rolls. It's in his dna.

I'm a little surprised at the middle finger jester he gave Alex right at the beginning when Scott walks around Alex. Talk about acting your age.

He flips off Alex, then tells him to act his age. Nice.

I noticed that too, hadn't seen that before. I heard a lot of words exchanged in the Pool hall, not sure I've ever seen somebody do that before.