Favorite Music

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
For those of you who like to listen to music while shooting - what are some of your favorite tunes?

While The Beatles are probably my favorite group - it's not what's in my ear when I'm playin. Some come to mind pretty easy like Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone" (due to the vid), or maybe "Don't Tell Me Nothin'" or "Werewolves of London" (CoM) - but what other stuff do yinz like?

Some of mine:
Renegade - Styx
Bad Company - Bad Company
Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars
Copperhead Road - Steve Earl
Thunder - Imagine Dragons
Bunch of the Thorogood stuff
(and likely a fair amount of Tom Petty for the next few weeks)

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blues,,,,,, lotsa blues,,,,,
bl1.jpg

bl2.jpg

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Well, im still sortof young. I really only play at league now at a bar,so its mainly rock, alternative & metal while shooting. My personal favorite while shooting is Rage Against The Machine.

I will tell you one thing, one thing i cant shoot well to is country. I swear ill miss every ball if country is on. You would think that my oppnents would learn that by now.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Led Zepplin for the win.

I'm a Beatles fan too and have a ton of music on my phone, but "No Quarter" or "In my time of Dying" are always a treat when I'm at the table.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The heaviest of metal, to old country, classic rock , symphonic orchestras, mariachi and tejano
Elevator music and blues

Pretty much everything but rap

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jazz Crusaders, Cal Tjader, Wes Montgomery....I'm so relaxed with that stuff I'm in a coma.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, im still sortof young. I really only play at league now at a bar,so its mainly rock, alternative & metal while shooting. My personal favorite while shooting is Rage Against The Machine.

I will tell you one thing, one thing i cant shoot well to is country. I swear ill miss every ball if country is on. You would think that my oppnents would learn that by now.

Check out 'the giraffes'. So good. That is from whence one of my sig lines was drawn.

Here:
https://youtu.be/ttAaUym3sYQ

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Led Zepplin for the win.

I'm a Beatles fan too and have a ton of music on my phone, but "No Quarter" or "In my time of Dying" are always a treat when I'm at the table.

"No Quarter", absolutely perfect! You will give "No Quarter" to your opponent. "In my time of Dying"?, sounds like you about to lose.

Just Kidding. Both very good choices.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason Isbell
Sturgill Simpson

If you have never listened, I would highly recommend. Neither of them are played on the radio much, but have huge followings. IMO some of the best music being made.

Fay

IF I'M PRACTICING OR WORKING ON DRILLS
I PREFER CLASSICAL MUSIC AND INSTRUMENTALS
NO LYRICS TO DISTRACT MY FOCUS
ESPECIALLY WHEN WORKING ON FINESSE

DURING 8-BALL MATCHES + ROTATION GAMES
I LIKE EDGIER MUSIC LIKE ROCK + HIP-HOP
THE BEAT LENDS ITSELF TO MY RHYTHM

WHEN PLAYING 14.1 STRAIGHT POOL
I PREFER NO MUSIC AND JUST ENJOY THE AMBIANCE
OF THE OLD BILLIARD PARLORS

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Elvis fan , but lately been playing Jerry Lee Lewis Country tunes when shooting. But Elvis Presley is my Fav. I also like some of the Beatles songs as well.