Table Jack

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It almost looks like a spare tire jack for a car mounted on a jackstand. If someone needed something like this I would be able to fabricate some if you gave me measurements and travel specs.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
It almost looks like a spare tire jack for a car mounted on a jackstand. If someone needed something like this I would be able to fabricate some if you gave me measurements and travel specs.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member

It is a jack from an Oldsmobile I was told. The stand is fabricated. I can take pictures if you like.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
There are several systems and lifting tools that can be used, be careful at what you use or suggest to use... Using improvised tools improperly can be unsafe.
If your looking for a simple lifting devise that can lift a pool table with no modification I suggest you look into RV jacks and building shores.

please be safe and take care.

Rob.M

onyxbfly

Registered
There are several systems and lifting tools that can be used, be careful at what you use or suggest to use... Using improvised tools improperly can be unsafe.
If your looking for a simple lifting devise that can lift a pool table with no modification I suggest you look into RV jacks and building shores.

please be safe and take care.

Rob.M

Pardon my ignorance what is a building shore?

ROB.M

Silver Member
Pardon my ignorance what is a building shore?

Excuse me, I was typing what I was thinking. Building shoring which can be a noun is used in systems for supporting and lifting adjustments.

The jack pat O' has is a nice setup, just be sure if anyone is looking to build one of their own I'm asking to just be safe.

Rob.M

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
jack.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/3500-lb-capacity-drop-leg-trailer-jack-3961.html
http://youtu.be/YakUUz4k4ZE

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Thank you for the safety advice, I understand that there are people out there that will do things with no concern what so ever to others safety. Anything I build would be much safer than what one could buy a Harbor Freight. I have 25+ years custom metal fabrication experience. If there are jacks out there commercially available that will do what you need them to do, that is probably the most cost effective way to go about it. If you want to do something unique or need something custom then you option would be to have something custom made.

onyxbfly

Registered
Excuse me, I was typing what I was thinking. Building shoring which can be a noun is used in systems for supporting and lifting adjustments.

The jack pat O' has is a nice setup, just be sure if anyone is looking to build one of their own I'm asking to just be safe.

Rob.M

Thanks for the info and clarification. I still have not moved my table. I wouldn't mind paying someone to level it if it needs it. I just need to have it moved 10-15ft straight ahead. I was thinking a regular jack with a 2x4 under the bed and lifting enough for those furniture moving pads or a floor dolly.

One day I'll be brave enough to try it.

Flats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pallet Jack

Use a pallet jack & put 2 or 3 pallets on it, center under table & jack up; you can move table with ease.

ROB.M

Silver Member
Thanks for the info and clarification. I still have not moved my table. I wouldn't mind paying someone to level it if it needs it. I just need to have it moved 10-15ft straight ahead. I was thinking a regular jack with a 2x4 under the bed and lifting enough for those furniture moving pads or a floor dolly.

One day I'll be brave enough to try it.

-
Depends on the table, some table legs will break or be damaged if moved improperly.

Which table do you plan on moving ?

Rob.M

bubbarivi

Hit it like Deluca
Silver Member
if you dont have anything you can always use your knees or bench press from the side pocket