What's up with Detroit?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my 3rd time coming there last month or so, and not one person came up to play me, you all must be scared of New Englanders. I noticed you ever copied our WTH is it doing snowing now weather LOL

Look for a bald guy with glasses at The Rack next 9 days. I'll have the cheapest looking cue in the house hehe. Nice place that, play for hours for low money, plenty of players there that know proper pool.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Snookers. Walk in and pronounce loudly that you want to take John Binion for all he’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Try Snookers. Walk in and pronounce loudly that you want to take John Binion for all he’s worth.

HAHAHAHAHA, John is an incredible player! :)

Come down to Racktime in Toledo, plenty of action here and only an hour south :)

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HAHAHAHAHA, John is an incredible player! :)

Come down to Racktime in Toledo, plenty of action here and only an hour south :)

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

My hotel is in same town as The Rack, but I'd there is a weekend tournament somewhere I may go for a ride to meet some new people.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is that place the one with a weekend tournament? I am staying over the weekend this time.

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still haven’t made it up there yet. Might be leaving end of this week. Will you be up there next week?

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
This is my 3rd time coming there last month or so, and not one person came up to play me, you all must be scared of New Englanders. I noticed you ever copied our WTH is it doing snowing now weather LOL

Look for a bald guy with glasses at The Rack next 9 days. I'll have the cheapest looking cue in the house hehe. Nice place that, play for hours for low money, plenty of players there that know proper pool.

I'm not much for betting but I got Friday off, I'm about an hour away, I could swing down. I make no proclamations about my game.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was in the Detroit area two weeks ago. North of downtown and ended up at Main street billiards looking for a game, dang I went to the wrong spot for sure...not a players room.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I was in the Detroit area two weeks ago. North of downtown and ended up at Main street billiards looking for a game, dang I went to the wrong spot for sure...not a players room.

Downtown Rochester...Main Street is not that kind of place. I think the ping pong tables should pretty much confirm that. I used to play there with a buddy once a week before I got my home table. A few years back they waived the table time charge if your food and bar tab exceeded it...and it always did. I think they've gone back to charging time again. The Not a bad place to play a few hours with friends but in the 30 or so times I've been there I never once saw any money moving around.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Snookers.

I thought most local Snookers went out of business, no?

The one in Utica/Shelby and the one in Royal Oak haven't been around in some time now. Snookers is where I got my first cue when I was a teenager.

Maybe there is some out on the west side still?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

The one in Utica/Shelby and the one in Royal Oak haven't been around in some time now. Snookers is where I got my first cue when I was a teenager.

I talked to the owner and yes Eastpointe Snookers closed 6 months ago. :(

Trent

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member

East Side. Snooker's Cue and Brew or something like that. On Kelly Rd near Toepher in Eastpointe, the old Kellys Kue. The Hall of Fame in Warren used to be a great place for all sorts of action but it has deteriorated in more ways than one IMO.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was thinking in Livonia.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking in Livonia.

I went to the Snookers in Livonia, was a pretty decent place, played in the Sat weekly they have. Some good players there. I lost my first match to a guy 5-1 and only mistakes I made were a few scratches and one safe where I left a 3-9 carom. Usually in random local tournaments I don't find players that only let you make a few mistakes a set.

I did win my next few matches with score of 8-1 but was going to do a call and play some WOW with wife so let the next guy win even though I ran 7,8 balls every rack, I just missed the 9 or 8. Pockets were pretty easy but tables look to play decent aside from that.

If any of you were there I was the bald guy with glasses and a beard in a Polo T-shirt.

Been playing at The Rack, but that place seems to be pretty much all one pocket players. My 3rd trip for a week in the area and in all the times I went there have maybe seen one guy playing anything outside of one pocket on the player side of the room.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went to the Snookers in Livonia, was a pretty decent place, played in the Sat weekly they have. Some good players there. I lost my first match to a guy 5-1 and only mistakes I made were a few scratches and one safe where I left a 3-9 carom. Usually in random local tournaments I don't find players that only let you make a few mistakes a set.

I did win my next few matches with score of 8-1 but was going to do a call and play some WOW with wife so let the next guy win even though I ran 7,8 balls every rack, I just missed the 9 or 8. Pockets were pretty easy but tables look to play decent aside from that.

If any of you were there I was the bald guy with glasses and a beard in a Polo T-shirt.

Been playing at The Rack, but that place seems to be pretty much all one pocket players. My 3rd trip for a week in the area and in all the times I went there have maybe seen one guy playing anything outside of one pocket on the player side of the room.
do you play onepocket ?
hanging the 9 is a good shot in onepocket....:D

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you play onepocket ?
hanging the 9 is a good shot in onepocket....:D

I don't play one pocket or banks outside of goofing around with friends or my son. Then we play things like one handed bank only one pocket on bar tables ;):D

I don't like discriminating against the other 4 pockets on the table.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't play one pocket or banks outside of goofing around with friends or my son. Then we play things like one handed bank only one pocket on bar tables ;):D

I don't like discriminating against the other 4 pockets on the table.

I just got to Detroit today. Plenty of action this evening and I have a waiting list to play me tomorrow at the Rack. Of course I can’t spell 9 ball so I have to play ONEPOCKET:D

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
weak players dont play strangers 9 ball they play one pocket as its more fun for them and they get shots each game.. good players play 9 ball with strangers. so that is your choice.

announce what game you will play and for how much. see what happens.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
weak players dont play strangers 9 ball they play one pocket as its more fun for them and they get shots each game.. good players play 9 ball with strangers. so that is your choice.

announce what game you will play and for how much. see what happens.

In my experience weak players don't play one pocket period hehe. It was all a bunch of regulars there playing with each-other, no-one was matching up with anything that was a straight-in game ( 8 ball 9 ball, those types of games). I was not talking about what they would play me with, although I'm a bit surprised no one came up to play even if for fun. I don't think I am that good that I scared away the room LOL