Cuemaking Supplies: Collars, buttcaps etc.

rack runner

Registered
For the cuemakers out there, im starting out, and by starting out I mean starting with small conversion stuff, and was wondering, what place/site do you all use for raw materials. Raw materials being things such as: joint collars (shaft and butt side made of juma, black, white, tan phoenelic, ivorine 4, buckhorn) and where to buy stainless radial pins. Im in the process of buying the machinery, raw wood, necessary lathe tools cutting, parting, boring etc. I know schmelke has some, atlas has some but was looking for the canvas-ish phoenelic look. Just wondering if anyone has good lines on raw materials! Much appreciated for the help!

Also, I also was wondering if anyone has good suggestions on types and or brands places to buy good epoxy/glue for pins/collars/woods.

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For the cuemakers out there, im starting out, and by starting out I mean starting with small conversion stuff, and was wondering, what place/site do you all use for raw materials. Raw materials being things such as: joint collars (shaft and butt side made of juma, black, white, tan phoenelic, ivorine 4, buckhorn) and where to buy stainless radial pins. Im in the process of buying the machinery, raw wood, necessary lathe tools cutting, parting, boring etc. I know schmelke has some, atlas has some but was looking for the canvas-ish phoenelic look. Just wondering if anyone has good lines on raw materials! Much appreciated for the help!

Also, I also was wondering if anyone has good suggestions on types and or brands places to buy good epoxy/glue for pins/collars/woods.

Prather cue parts-OKLAHOMA-
Has a lot of items-
ALWAYS REALLY GOOD PEOPLE in the Prather shop too :smile:

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You’ll want to buy some West Systems epoxy. I usually buy it on Amazon.
I use Titebond when I want yellow glue.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your business, but sometimes if you post a general idea of where you are located,guys might contact you back chanel for advice, parts, etc.

smt

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mention elsewhere being a machinist.
It's probably not letting the cat out of the bag to say most of my (small) shelf of phenolic up to 1-1/2" thick has come from machinists and machine shop auctions.

smt