Bridge type device for kids

riding9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for some kind of bridge type device for teaching my 8year old a stroke. He is getting discouraged because hes not understanding his bridge hand. is there anything out there you can put on the table and let the 8 year old still play but use it as his bridge hand?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I'm looking for some kind of bridge type device for teaching my 8year old a stroke. He is getting discouraged because hes not understanding his bridge hand. is there anything out there you can put on the table and let the 8 year old still play but use it as his bridge hand?
A common mechanical bridge?

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
A common mechanical bridge?

pj
chgo
Or this?

https://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Swivel-Finger-Billiards-Training/dp/B00COCVQSC

pj
chgo

thumb bridge.JPG

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For some testing I was doing, I cut a notch in the side of a 1x2 board and then smoothed it out. You might want to nail a thin board on as a base.

Alternatively, you could mount a normal bridge head to a short length of 2x4. Your son could grip the board so he would be in the normal shooting stance. You could position the bridge-board in the right place so that aiming could be eliminated if you wanted to work on just the stroke.

Is he having trouble with an open bridge?

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When my son was young I had him make a fist and stick his thumb out. Place it on the table palm down. From there his bridge worked it self out pretty naturally with a little coaching.