Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Well you can't fix stupid ,

youve got that right

“Italy is a country of old people,” said Prof Massimo Galli, the director of infectious diseases at Sacco hospital in Milan. “The elderly with previous pathologies are notoriously numerous here. I think this could explain why we are seeing more serious cases of coronavirus here, which I repeat, in the vast majority of cases start mildly and cause few problems, especially in young people and certainly in children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/03/italy-elderly-population-coronavirus-risk-covid-19

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
youve got that right

“Italy is a country of old people,” said Prof Massimo Galli, the director of infectious diseases at Sacco hospital in Milan. “The elderly with previous pathologies are notoriously numerous here. I think this could explain why we are seeing more serious cases of coronavirus here, which I repeat, in the vast majority of cases start mildly and cause few problems, especially in young people and certainly in children.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/03/italy-elderly-population-coronavirus-risk-covid-19

While the population of Italy does skew older, one of the main contributors to the rates of infection they're seeing is "furbizia."

Furbizia is the Italian tendency to pride themselves on circumnavigating government policies. Then there is the issue of how the Italians love their cafes, bars, restaurants and piazzas. In a way it's not unlike New Orleans where the cops almost had to fire hose people out of packed clubs a few nights ago.

Lou Figueroa

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get political but couldn't let this go. Trump was the first leader of any NATO member nation to close his country's borders to flights from China back in January.
"Person who least wanted to face the virus reality" is not a logical statement. Something Stephen Colbert would spout off without thinking.
Had Italy or Germany had a Trump they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now.

hey ck,
I understand your reticence to get political, but in a way (only a way, thankfully)
azb has been infected with corona, and rightfully so- this is a big deal.
so here we are-

of course nobody wanted to see this thing go wide
but 45 has been downplaying corona only up until recently
he did impose travel restrictions jan. 31

The Facts on Trump’s Travel Restrictions
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

if you read that article, you'll see trump's restrictions weren't "all that"
but- he was advised to do a potentially smart thing, try and contain the virus
and even tho his plan had holes in it, he did it- and maybe it did help
the thing is, he didn't really follow up on it
after that..after he enacted the travel restrictions
he recklessly underestimated the severity of the virus- and publicly!
acts that surely haven't helped we as citizens prepare for this
there is evidence galore out there..
geez, how many times did he himself tweet that it wasn't a big deal
here, I did a search for you
https://www.google.com/search?q=tru...69i57j69i60.5223j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

the proof is in the pudding..look where our country is now
scrambling..a lot of folks working hard and hustling to make things better
but we *unquestionably* were/are quite late to the containment party
evidently, that could have been avoided
it's pretty crazy to think about..how we got here
but here we are. take care ok...

more corona fact checks and resources:
https://www.factcheck.org/a-guide-to-our-coronavirus-coverage/

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
hey ck,
I understand your reticence to get political, but in a way (only a way, thankfully)
azb has been infected with corona, and rightfully so- this is a big deal.
so here we are-

of course nobody wanted to see this thing go wide
but 45 has been downplaying corona only up until recently
he did impose travel restrictions jan. 31

The Facts on Trump’s Travel Restrictions

if you read that article, you'll see trump's restrictions weren't "all that"
but- he was advised to do a potentially smart thing, try and contain the virus
and even tho his plan had holes in it, he did it- and maybe it did help
the thing is, he didn't really follow up on it
after that..after he enacted the travel restrictions
he recklessly underestimated the severity of the virus- and publicly!
acts that surely haven't helped we as citizens prepare for this
there is evidence galore out there..
geez, how many times did he himself tweet that it wasn't a big deal
here, I did a search for you
https://www.google.com/search?q=tru...69i57j69i60.5223j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

the proof is in the pudding..look where our country is now
scrambling..a lot of folks working hard and hustling to make things better
but we *unquestionably* were/are quite late to the containment party
evidently, that could have been avoided
it's pretty crazy to think about..how we got here
but here we are. take care ok...

more corona fact checks and resources:
https://www.factcheck.org/a-guide-to-our-coronavirus-coverage/

Some people can't and won't accept reality until it smacks them in the face.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When are we gonna play some 1? I’m looking at houses right now and will be vacating the area sometime in the near future unless all business transactions shut down.

Central planners are not going to like that kind of thinking.

It just seems natural that these densely populated areas wanting to disperse...
...realtors, builders, banks with bucks should earn a few more.
Realtors just need the flock to thin out a little to create some inventory of saleable empty house's.
Isn't it great how a plan theorized, comes together

and pay more earned income tax

...would this be a good time to talk proper room dimension's for tables?
...what if in this pandemic it is learned that people in long term sheltered positions
find that dwellings housing billiard tables had on the other side of this world infused
with china19 have a much better social outcome, with a new crop, set of young players
15 yrs. or so from now?
...works for me

Last edited:

troyboy30

Fish
Silver Member
If it’s true that those 2 tested positive then we will be hearing about many more soon. It’s an airborne thing and people were all close up and personal there. It’s contagious for so long and for days before symptoms.

It was crazy for all those people to gather and hen spread back to their spots of the world. It’s almost like the disease has infected their brains like Cordyceps and made them do it to help spread itself lol.

The virus doesn’t seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.

Just shut down for a lil bit and give it a chance to die off, or go full blown crazy. I don’t want any In the Middle BS where I get laid off because our jobs are all shut down and everyone’s scared to build but the government and everything is still intact and I’m just a poor person in a terrible job market.

I want the walking dead or status quo

when you say airborne, i think of catching it just by breathing the air outside. it's not that. you have to be exposed to someone's fluids or touching a surface. everyone is going to get it. I'm working from home for 2 weeks. at the end of that 2 weeks it's not going to magically be gone. they are simply trying to flatten the curve so the health care system does not get overwhelmed at once.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
when you say airborne, i think of catching it just by breathing the air outside. it's not that. you have to be exposed to someone's fluids or touching a surface. everyone is going to get it. I'm working from home for 2 weeks. at the end of that 2 weeks it's not going to magically be gone. they are simply trying to flatten the curve so the health care system does not get overwhelmed at once.

Exactly. But the virus dies within a few days on inanimate surfaces. So as long as no one brings it back to your office it will be gone within a couple weeks.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
And others ignore reality in favor of what the shiny screen says.

Yep. :thumbup:

I've heard the airports here vegas are checking people for temperature before allowing them to fly home.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good post, thanks.
I posted just to give this a bit more visibility.
Hope all is well!
Will Prout

Hey Will, All is good, just as REO says "Ride in the storm out :)" Hope everything is going well with your family. Will miss seeing you in Olathe.

Take care,

Darryl

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger

I’m sorry but your nurse friends are ignorant. I am a healthcare provider and have heard nurses saying the same things...it’s no big deal, the flu kills more people, etc.

The truth is this is a serious problem. If you’re young and healthy but the elderly and immunocompromised have a real chance of contracting this and dying because of it. If someone doesn’t care about that and just goes on with their life, then that person is an asshole or very ignorant at best.

Stay home people. That is the only way to slow the transmission is to limit contact. If infection rates grow exponentially then many people will die when they didn’t have to die to an inability to provide care to everyone.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know it wasn't safer to be at the Rio than any other place that they may have been if not at the Rio/BCA?

i think the point is that packing hundreds of people in the same room will increase the risk of them not only getting the virus, but also spreading it at home or when travelling home.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You can get it from breathing the same air as someone who has it. They don’t need to sneeze or cough. That’s why the 6 foot rule. It looks like 6 feet might not be enough according to an article today that claims it might float in air for up to 3 hours in the right circumstances.

ETA: I went to link the article about it living in air for 3 hours and they had issued a correction that that us only in lab conditions. You still can get it from breathing the same air.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG.......we are quibbling over the actual death rate when literally millions of Americans are likely at serious risk of becoming infected. If you think the 150-170 million seems totally outlandish and absurd, okay, pick a number. How about half that number? Better yet, cut that in half. Now cut that in half again. Not enough, cut that in half one more time.

That number is 9.3 million to 10.6 million Americans. COVID-19 is twice as contagious as any Influenza and the incubation period before symptoms appear, if at all since younger folks can walk around feeling poorly but never showing any symptoms, well, the symptoms can appear within 72 hours of infection to as long as 28 to 30 days. Now just how many people do you think someone could contaminate in a week or two, or 3 to 4 weeks? Now let’s talk actual morbidity. As was earlier poignantly brought to your attention, you cannot determine morbidity without first knowing the population of infected persons and then the actual survival rate in that population. Absent that, you can derive the fatalities ratio per capital (100,000) by analyzing the morbidity stats by age and health group. Regardless, the best estimate to date, yes, the best estimate is between 1% and 1.? % but under 2%. And that is a supposition because of how far behind in testing our country is versus the rest of the world.

Well, we went from zero to a 100 in 2 1/2 weeks after denials by the White House so now we are in the throes of a crisis we haven’t seen since the days of Small Pox. We have no idea how many people are infected in the USA nor how fast this is spreading. You can never catch a moving train when it left the station the day before you got there. The rest of the world did not have the delays and missteps that has occurred with getting mass testing programs established like has happened in the USA.

The people that still ardently support the Prez are in absolute denial about how serious and deadly COVID-19 is and how many Americans are genuinely at risk. Ergo, they are finding it very difficult to buy into this but did anyone notice that today Prez told a whopper. When asked by a reporter at the news conference if he has gotten this wrong, he said he knew Coronavirus was a serious pandemic a long time ago, long before anyone started to refer to it a Pandemic. Hmn.....now that’s a good one.

Do you even know our President signed a travel ban in January, three weeks after the first case was in the U.S. was confirmed. All the Democrats called him racist for that. Thanks to our President’s quick action, (much faster than any other country) President Trump has saves countless number of lives.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cherry blossoms in D.C. peak this Saturday, and the Natinoal Park Service is posting signs to exercise social distancing. All festivities have been canceled.

I may go down just to get some photos because it will be a ghost town. Outside, I don't think there's as much danger as long as you're aren't near anybody and wear rubber gloves and don't touch your face. Gee, that sounds like fun! :embarrassed2:

Problem with any travel is you can have the gate closed after you leave...unlikely...but Nostradamus couldn't predict what would happen next.

We are locked down here. There's nothing I need badly enough to leave for some time. Cherishing family. Calling friends. In a strange way this has been great just being able to spend time. I'm going broke, but I've been broke before, rich too...I just eat better.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Problem with any travel is you can have the gate closed after you leave...unlikely...but Nostradamus couldn't predict what would happen next.

We are locked down here. There's nothing I need badly enough to leave for some time. Cherishing family. Calling friends. In a strange way this has been great just being able to spend time. I'm going broke, but I've been broke before, rich too...I just eat better.

You got it right. My college age daughter is in Costa Rica right now. Avianca canceled all return flights without notifying passengers. We found out because we looked. We just booked them home on a new ticket on United in two days, fingers crossed those flights will operate.

Our county (San Luis Obispo, CA) just went on lockdown starting tomorrow night. Hope you and all of us get through this better, wiser, more appreciative.

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you even know our President signed a travel ban in January, three weeks after the first case was in the U.S. was confirmed. All the Democrats called him racist for that. Thanks to our President’s quick action, (much faster than any other country) President Trump has saves countless number of lives.

hi jtom, hope you're staying safe
I linked to a fact check of trump's travel restrictions above

here it is again, fyi

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
You got it right. My college age daughter is in Costa Rica right now. Avianca canceled all return flights without notifying passengers. We found out because we looked. We just booked them home on a new ticket on United in two days, fingers crossed those flights will operate.

Our county (San Luis Obispo, CA) just went on lockdown starting tomorrow night. Hope you and all of us get through this better, wiser, more appreciative.

Chris,
I hope all works out well for your daughter quickly, smoothly and without more complications.
We are all now in a new era full of twists and moment-by-moment changes.
Fortunately, the routes between Costa Rica and USA are pretty well defined.
If you would, pm me upon her safe return so I don’t continue with concerns.
Thanks.
Will

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger

So, what are you trying to tell us? Ignore the warnings? Don’t be cautious?