So, how much did he lose ?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
In a word, no.

Lou Figueroa

You keep pushing his buttons and kicking John again and again. You can't stop yourself. It's unbecoming conduct. You really should let this go for your own well being.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I can however deduct is as promotional expense. And if audited and it was challenged myself and the auditor would discuss it.

Either way a loss can be deducted and reduce taxable income. No different than if i held an event and had contests to win money, the money spent is a business expense. I was very clear in the beginning of the stream to tell people to enjoy the show and wore my work clothes to get the promotion.

I didn't intend to spend so much, i took $500 with me to play some sets. But it is what it is and the accounting will be done properly regarding how the expense is booked. Either way it will legally reduce my taxable income by the amount spent.

As your trusted financial advisor, the promotion expenses include the cost to stream the event and the mileage to and from the event. Should you order food for yourself, that's deductible, as would be accommodations. Food you bought for a guest is not deductible. Wagers are not deductible, no matter what you choose to call them. The prize fund of $500 may be legit, therefore you're total deductions are $507.50 and non-dedcutible expenditures are $34,492.50 - we can round that up (not down) to $34,493.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You keep pushing his buttons and kicking John again and again. You can't stop yourself. It's unbecoming conduct. You really should let this go for your own well being.

I agree. He has some sort of OCD, just like JB.

He can't quit his gloating about winning his match with JB.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why aren't you taking a look at JB's incessant posts aimed at me?

He keeps poking me in the eye and, since I don't have much else to do right about now, I'm only too happy to respond.

Lou Figueroa

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh this is great.

I can’t determine which is more fun-

Watching Lou enjoy cocktails in his retirement home under JB’s skin

Or

All the holy rollers with the “he’s worse than him” opinions.

It’s really great stuff-

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to know a cat in the pool hall that liked to gamble and has become a big gambler.

The dude paid his dues coming up. He used to ask folks that he was about to play, what was the biggest amount they ever lost playing pool.

From the get go, he wanted to ascertain if there was any upside in playing them in the first place, because 95% or more of players on the rail and in pool halls will not play for high stakes.

Once you move to bigger bets: say $1,000 sets of One Pocket or more, one must keep in mind, if you lose you will not have that many chances to win your money back from players in the room, because that kind of bet is way outside most folks comfort range.

Playing on air is a no no, in any room I've been in and tends to piss folks off. I've known multi-millionaires who can't play for 20 bucks and then there is a guy that hasn't the proverbial pot to piss in, that will bet everything he has and doesn't have.

Most folks, once they move out of their betting comfort zone lose a percentage of their game right away.

So much of the action world is the woofing, posturing and drama and we've certainly seen a lot of that in play in this unfortunate incident.

I find it all mildly entertaining. Are you not entertained? One thing is plain as Jane. Your ego will lie to you all day long and on Sunday and money never lies, it's as right as rain.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I used to know a cat in the pool hall that liked to gamble and has become a big gambler.

The dude paid his dues coming up. He used to ask folks that he was about to play, what was the biggest amount they ever lost playing pool.

From the get go, he wanted to ascertain if there was any upside in playing them in the first place, because 95% or more of players on the rail and in pool halls will not play for high stakes.

Once you move to bigger bets: say $1,000 sets of One Pocket or more, one must keep in mind, if you lose you will not have that many chances to win your money back from players in the room, because that kind of bet is way outside most folks comfort range.

Playing on air is a no no, in any room I've been in and tends to piss folks off. I've known multi-millionaires who can't play for 20 bucks and then there is a guy that hasn't the proverbial pot to piss in, that will bet everything he has and doesn't have.

Most folks, once they move out of their betting comfort zone lose a percentage of their game right away.

So much of the action world is the woofing, posturing and drama and we've certainly seen a lot of that in play in this unfortunate incident.

I find it all mildly entertaining. Are you not entertained? One thing is plain as Jane. Your ego will lie to you all day long and on Sunday and money never lies, it's as right as rain.

Lotta lotta truth here!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thinking we might meet again, I have a nice little set aside if John ever wants to come for it.

But I don't think, for all his bluster, that'll ever happen. Even John Barton is not that stupid.

Lou Figueroa
I think

Again, no matter what you say you're not getting another match with me. That ship has sailed.

I would rather resurrect Fast Larry and stand between him and Eric Hu going at it with no ability to move or stop listening than to be in the same room with you. You're a crappy player who practices four hours a day and I am a crappy player who rarely practices that you barely beat.

So, you're right, I am not stupid enough to play you again but not because I can't win. Because you're a person who is so freaking awful that being around you is a sin against karma.

But again, thank you. www.jbcases.com is the place to see what the guy that Lou beat in his biggest match of his life makes. Thanks to you I got millions of views on my logo and website.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my Honest, unbiased assessment. I don’t have a dog in the fight. I’ve seen Lou’s game in person. I’ve played Lou. People
Can love him or hate him but He is a really good player. He can run 100 balls at straight pool. He is a great one pocket player. He’s not a pro or world class...but I’d call him a great player. And I’m qualified to make that assessment.

There is simply a talent threshold that I don’t think John could surpass, regardless of who was staking who, or putting up their own money, etc. I watched the video of him beating John 9-7, and due to the nerves (who wouldn’t be on a stream for 10k if you don’t do that all the time) I think he was at, maybe 60% of his true game. MAybe the same could be said for John. If they kept playing and both got comfortable and played better there would still be that disparity.

Thank you.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My being is fine.

Thanks for your concern though.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gosh this is great.

I can’t determine which is more fun-

Watching Lou enjoy cocktails in his retirement home under JB’s skin

Or

All the holy rollers with the “he’s worse than him” opinions.

It’s really great stuff-

Thank you -- owning him, after all his years of crap -- is fun :)

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 271

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, no matter what you say you're not getting another match with me. That ship has sailed.

I would rather resurrect Fast Larry and stand between him and Eric Hu going at it with no ability to move or stop listening than to be in the same room with you. You're a crappy player who practices four hours a day and I am a crappy player who rarely practices that you barely beat.

So, you're right, I am not stupid enough to play you again but not because I can't win. Because you're a person who is so freaking awful that being around you is a sin against karma.

But again, thank you. www.jbcases.com is the place to see what the guy that Lou beat in his biggest match of his life makes. Thanks to you I got millions of views on my logo and website.

No re-match -- great!

Lou Figueroa
"not because I can't win"
LMAO

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Said the: $35,000, OOPS, $41,000 sucker, lol.

Lou Figueroa
with 10K
secret sauce :)

Can't win what you don't put in the middle. You are correct that you can't be mistaken for a sucker when you're a nit.

The funny part is that I made so much more off of you these past 6 years. The impressions gained by the threads where you mention me and talk about me and where we interact are in the tens of thousands. This single thread has 15,000 views.

The thread on facebook is already done. This one would have been done except for you so please continue.

And for everyone else....don't worry about Lou getting under my skin...he can't. Everything he says is not any different than what he has said in the past.

What he didn't tell you is that I asked him if we could bury the hatchet when the match was done. He said yes. Then less than a week later he was back insulting and "embellishing" the story. So both times when Lou agreed to stop arguing with me, the first time being him initiating it, the second time when the big match concluded, Lou broke his word and went back to bashing.

This is frankly all he has. He is a super nobody in this sport and any "fame" comes from one match with me. That's it, his biggest accomplishment will forever be that he beat me 9-7 in a $10,000 one pocket match that took a group of people trying to hustle me to set up. After ducking me for over a decade Lou FINALLY agreed to play but ONLY after someone else decided to take the risk and back him. So I am ok with him being that guy who clings to his one accomplishment.

People that actually did good stuff like Stan Shuffett and Freddy Bentivegna and others are who I look up to and who created legacies that will outlive them. When Lou dies no one will remember or care that he ever existed. When I die people will likely still be using cases that we made. People have won money and cases through our support of the sport. Many families have gotten a little extra help getting through crises because of the donations we make. So when I think of Lou I think of a small person whose main focus in life is to criticize those who are doing things that are positive for pool. And that's frankly ok, he isn't the only one. Critics are part of life and sometimes they do actually come up with a point worth considering.

But they never actually create anything positive. Once in a while their critique MIGHT lead to the subject of their criticism improving in some way but mostly they just blow hot air to seem important. I kind of have some experience blowing hot air to feel important. Not proud of it looking back but I recognize it easily. So for me the critic has one use and that is as a foil to promote off of. Every time I get to slip in our website and what we do while in a "discussion" with a critic it's a plus. Like this, so Mr. Critic, just go to www.jbcases.com and see the high quality that your words will never reach. So while I consider critics like Lou to be malicious and truly awful people I am thankful that they are useful to me as a marketing vector. In search engine optimization the best backlinks come through organic content such as forum conversations. When google reads these conversations and sees pool cue cases, John Barton, JB Cases, high quality, custom etc....I get a boost and a higher ranking without paying a cent for it.

But, if I spammed the forum daily with threads designed to get our logo, website and name on the web then no forum would put up with that, rightly so. When a person like Lou comes along though who delights in posting great "stories" and who will continue a thread forever as long as his last comment is answered then it's a great thing for a company like mine. Now, Lou will tell you that this is just John wishing it to be that way but I am fairly confident that only one of us has studied Search Engine Optimization in detail. So, the question for Lou is IF you knew that your activity mentioning and arguing with John Barton makes him money would you continue doing it? I hope the answer is yes.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No re-match -- great!

Lou Figueroa
"not because I can't win"
LMAO

Yep, your game is not that great and nothing to be scared of. That's why it was so easy to beat you the first time we played. You're simply one of those people who take the fun out of life and it's really a crime against the universe to give you any of the time a person has on earth. The only reason you get it here is because of the content being created and google's spiders eating it up. And, selfishly, I like telling you what I think of you every time you pop your head up and start knocking.

We have played 18 games of one pocket. The game score is 10-8. The match score is 1:1. The money score is your group +10k and your part being less than half of that. So, no there is no reason for me to be afraid of your game. With even a little bit of serious practice you likely have no chance. But regardless it doesn't even matter to me anymore because even if you offered 10:6 and odds on the money I wouldn't play you. There is literally NOTHING short of some millionaire offering me a million dollars win or lose to show up and play you that would ever entice me to play.

Lou's thought here: so you're saying there is a chance to play again?

Last edited: