Walkaway Joe movie

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Jeff Morgan , Negan from the Walking Dead tv series, He is the only one I recognize .

Ditto yes he is, assume thing will be show in Real Movie ?House, not on U-Tube. Sooner or later it will be on TV, I hope.

No movie house for me, bed bugs live there.:smile:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You and Joey Both!

IMHO I believe “pretty cool” and Joey A should be used in the same sentence often.
I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Joey a few times and he is one of the good guys.

JoeyA is indeed one of the good guys, somebody that still really understands words like honor. A man I am proud to call friend, not just pool room acquaintance. You fit that description yourself. Nice to know people you don't have to watch your back around!

Hu

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the trailer and I thought of Omar Sharif and Bruce Boxleitner facing off in Baltimore Bullet.
They weren’t father and son in the film but the equivalent mentoring & older/younger connection.
I hold out little hope for the film based on seeing the trailer so don’t get your hopes up it’s a hit.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgJegfIY6E

Not the Color of Money but its got pool in it.

Anyone watch it yet?

I'm watching cornhole on ESPN and could care less about Walkaway Joe. Cornhold has all the excitement I need during these days of isolation. I love the sound of bean bags hitting painted particle board and the possiblity of watch country boys trying to cornhole each other in front of a camera.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...do they play eny miny moe, pick a negan by his toe's to die hard almost enough, several times?

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it. I enjoyed it. It's a sentimental father/son drama, with pool as a vehicle to carry the story. It's not about pool. If it's pool you want, watch a tournament. If you think you might like a movie about strained father/son/family relationships with just a splash of action, this is a good movie.

Spoiler:
Jefferey Dean Morgan's cue is not wrapped with barbed wire.

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Dallas did not have his cue when he returned home.

Was that a message? :confused:

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dallas did not have his cue when he returned home.

Was that a message? :confused:

I noticed that too. It's symbolic to him not following his Dad's footsteps. What's the phrase - being good at pool is a sign of a misspent youth?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
mama said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

crickets chirping

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
direct to video

My understanding is that this movie was intended for direct to video release before the first scene was shot. You don't pay many millions for lead actors and such for this market.

I would like to see pool movies that were scheduled to open on a thousand screens or more, these movies fill another niche. Some are truly bad, some not bad, not great. If one is great it is about like hitting the lotto.

Hu

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:idea: I have an idea for a PERFECT movie about pool.

A young, moody boy grows up on, and works on his not so-well-to do father's tobacco farm in the south. One day, at the age of 10, his father takes him into town and enters a pool hall. The kid has never seen a pool table before, but he immediately falls in love with the game, and it turns out he has a natural talent for it that shows up very early on. He fully believes, in his heart, that he will one day become the greatest player in the world. He becomes so obsessed with the game that he eventually drops out of school to play.

He then gets into the seedy hustling world of pool where he encounters many dangers. He later discovers the tournament world of pool, and makes it his home, and indeed he does become the greatest player in the world!

(To spice up the movie, the main character has a very volatile personality that attracts the attention of many people worldwide to the sport.)

Hmm... Let's see... What could the name of the movie be? ;)

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it possible that this movie becomes known just enough to be an irony for our present day 2020 general election?

Does Joe walk away?

...and if he didn't, does the movie end in a similar outcome as a predictor
of this 2020 general election?
...like, joe walks away with everything?

might inspire more of an interest in the movie,
could have some little tidbit scene's of joe taking barry's money
behind all of those closed door national security meetings.

if it shows up on the free stuff vudu, xumo or a couple other channels we've been on,
we'll check it out.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
free on youtube

Is it possible that this movie becomes known just enough to be an irony for our present day 2020 general election?

Does Joe walk away?

...and if he didn't, does the movie end in a similar outcome as a predictor
of this 2020 general election?
...like, joe walks away with everything?

might inspire more of an interest in the movie,
could have some little tidbit scene's of joe taking barry's money
behind all of those closed door national security meetings.

if it shows up on the free stuff vudu, xumo or a couple other channels we've been on,
we'll check it out.

Free on youtube as of earlier today, the tenth. Often movies are free on youtube for a short time to generate interest then go to buying and rental plans.

The beginning is the worst part of the movie, they are in too big of a hurry to build the background for what follows. It does get better as the movie goes on. I found it to be about TV show quality. Certainly watchable after the first ten or fifteen minutes. An OK time killer movie. Not a great pool movie or even a great movie but a lot better than many I have seen.

I was suckered into going see a movie the critics liked once. A hell of a suspense movie, I sat there for over two hours waiting for something to happen!

Hu

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
i enjoyed the setting on count of having spent some time in the area during the the 70's and the flick brought back memories

the bar table action was plentiful and a scuffler didn't have to play champions to try and score

'fat" city jumped into the wee hours

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walkaway is right. That movie was brutally hard to finish.
Trueness. I saw it got a 6.2 on IMDB but I imagine these numbers got turned around. Acting was aboninable, even Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance was sub par imho. Only David Strathairn was acceptable.

But weren't you guys just cringing with every pool shot that they showed? No pool player at a $10,000 tournament would ever shoot the shots the way they did! At the end, the kid shoots a seven in the side, pulls it back to the eight and then stops the CB right there, so now he has a straight back bank shot where decent position would've been just easy... just as an example.
I do get that a director wants the bank as the money shot because it's just more spectacular than a dry 12 inch straight in position for the win, but as a pool nut I hate pool scenes like that, because it's so unrealistic.

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was suckered into going see a movie the critics liked once. A hell of a suspense movie, I sat there for over two hours waiting for something to happen!

That sounds a bit like The Blaire Witch Project. :boring:

Last edited: