Old
  (#61)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-11-2020, 05:02 PM

I haven't read all the posts.
But I did read that you think your mechanics are off.
That's the first thing to fix.
Dead straight shots are tough.
Try this.
Aim through the object ball to a spot in the middle of the pocket and just stroke it.
This way you take the aim on the object ball out of the shot.
I would try just shooting the cue ball alone into the middle of a pocket and when that gets real comfortable stick a ball in between the cue ball and pocket.
Worth a try.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#62)
brigeton
AzB Silver Member
brigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond reputebrigeton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-12-2020, 02:15 AM

I'm not a instructor but I have been working on my alignment and stroke. The long straight draw shot is the toughest. I set up 2 hole reinforcements straight to a corner pocket. I had my wife video me and watch me so I could see my alignment before the shot and get my shoulder, elbow, and hand all on the same vertical plane. This straightened out the loop in my stroke. Now every practice session I start with this drill and when I am aligned right my tip is straight down the line after the shot. and the cue ball comes back to my tip.

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: