Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page New inventions in pool?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Geosnooker
AzB Silver Member
Geosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-22-2020, 08:34 AM

I’m hoping someone comes out with a new system for aiming.

‘Shoot like a pro. You too can now hit a ball with a stick into a 5 inch hole at 6 feet’

Old
  (#17)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-22-2020, 08:36 AM

The question as to whether good equipment makes one play better can't really be addressed by asking if everyone would play more weller with premium equipment.

A more accurate question would be would a given player play better with a premium cue, vs a lesser quality one.

Presuming all are structurally equal:
I think a pro would play better with a quality cue, vs an cheapo.

I think I play better with any of my quality cues, vs the dufferins I have.

I don't think a true beginner would play better due to cue change though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
IMHO Pool is like Fly Fishing for Trout, a Rod, Reel, Line, Leader, Tipped Material, and few Flies, and your catching fish if your a skilled fisherman.

Use to fish with this old retired guy, he fished with one fly pattern, in one size. He always got fish because he could read water, read fish hiding spots, and know how to fly fish.

Remember when their was like 3 brands of Pool Chalk, most people play off the wall. Great player improvised, adopted, overcame, and won because of skill not equiptment,

If a Cue was so important, all you would need is a 20K Black Boar Cue to be best player in the World. Sorry 20K Cue will not make you better player, or World Beater unless you have skill of World Beater.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#18)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosnooker View Post
This should be a sticky at the Top of the main page.
That's a first.

Old
  (#19)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

05-22-2020, 08:38 AM

Diamond...not Brunswick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kushn View Post
The biggest advancement has been, we now have qualified instructors. The game kinda forbid that formally in the past.

Take a lesson or 10.

Tables?? IMO Since the major fire @ Brunswick, and their business focus shift? Not only their tables but all tables don't play according to any of the math/systems.

I'm not a system player but I expect if I hit a ball from here to there, it should go there, and no pool table does that.

Cues?? Ya I think there's been some advances, but I think most of those the average player will have a difficult time taking advantage or them.

I'm an average player.

Old
  (#20)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

05-22-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:

‘Shoot like a pro. You too can now hit a ball with a stick into a 5 inch hole at 6 feet’
Member Geno, has his Perfect Aiming System, the word is from Geno, it's perfect.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#21)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:

I was going to bring up Poolology, invented by BC21, Brian Christ. It really is an advancement in playing pool. The thing that sets this system apart is that it tells you the fractional aim point that will pocket two balls randomly placed on the table, given a normal amount of throw. The idea is to speed up the learning process for beginners so that they begin to recognize when the shot "looks right." When you master Poolology you no longer need it.

I'm not aware of anyone who has found such a simple relationship between the balls and the rails. I think it qualifies as a new advancement in the game.

Dan White

Old
  (#22)
Geosnooker
AzB Silver Member
Geosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
The question as to whether good equipment makes one play better can't really be addressed by asking if everyone would play more weller with premium equipment.

A more accurate question would be would a given player play better with a premium cue, vs a lesser quality one.

Presuming all are structurally equal:
I think a pro would play better with a quality cue, vs an cheapo.

I think I play better with any of my quality cues, vs the dufferins I have.

I don't think a true beginner would play better due to cue change though.
. ‘Better quality versus el cheapo’

Not unless your expensive cue is adding something to the task. I don’t write any better with a silver pen than a 25 cent Bic. Doesn’t matter if the silver pen is 90% pure silver or 30% pure...or has a titanium nib.

Old
  (#23)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-22-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan White View Post
I was going to bring up Poolology, invented by BC21, Brian Christ.

I'm not aware of anyone who has found such a simple relationship between the balls and the rails. I think it qualifies as a new advancement in the game.
Joe Tucker’s “Aiming By Numbers” training system comes close (with the help of numbered training balls). Here’s Bob Jewett’s article about it:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/tucker_system.pdf

pj
chgo

Old
  (#24)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

05-22-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Joe Tucker’s “Aiming By Numbers” training system comes close (with the help of numbered training balls). Here’s Bob Jewett’s article about it:

http://www.sfbilliards.com/Misc/tucker_system.pdf

pj
chgo
It is in one sense, but it uses kind of a brute force method. With Poolology you use the same balls you play with and the answer is derived with simple math. I believe it is revolutionary and is not getting the attention it deserves.

Tucker reminds me of a Rube Goldberg contraption whereas Poolology is more like a nice, clean iphone.

Dan White

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: