Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Bert kinister 60 min workout-TINMAN
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member

GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-25-2020, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
And for the love of buddha, I cannot shoot #1 if I don't exaggerate the elbow drop.
Like Bert.
Interesting! That is something I will have to check out when I can get back on a table. I'm usually so happy when I hit a few right and the cue ball replaces the object ball that I haven't really paid attention to the mechanics.

Nice Bocote!!

Old
  (#17)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-25-2020, 08:43 AM

If you can master the skill in any Kinister vid, yer ding dong daddy playin.

Has anybody see the youtube vid of niels coming to america to train? I saw it once- 20yr ago- and have never been able to find it again. Fuggit, I am feeling soft. A reward to the first finder...post link in this thread and receive reward via mail.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#18)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-25-2020, 09:04 AM

JoeyInCali...Well my friend, elbow drop is not necessary to shoot the replacement shot...just like elbow drop is not required for any other shot. It's all about hitting your natural finish point on every SOP shot...or about 90% of everything we shoot in a game.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
And for the love of buddha, I cannot shoot #1 if I don't exaggerate the elbow drop.
Like Bert.

PBIA Master Instructor

get outta my head man
Old
  (#19)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up get outta my head man - 05-26-2020, 10:10 AM

These, my friends, are the people that haven't figured out how to put it together. They have huge, huge, huge, enormous holes in their pattern play, but they think they are playing great because it works sometimes. Their biggest problem is they don't see the problem. They are constantly getting funny on balls and having to resort to 'recovery shots'. On their good days they make them and most of the time they don't, so they decide the issue is consistency or fundamentals. They don't realize that the only way to be consistent is to play superior patterns that allow them to avoid shots no one can make consistently.

You hit the nail on the head here. One day, I will get my ducks in a row and get some actual help on such things, until then, I'll just keep tryin to pocket balls and keep my fundamentals as sound as possible. Thanks for keeping things in perspective.

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: