Joe Rogan- Pool benefactor?

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read that Rogan signed a very lucrative contract with Spotify for his podcast.

I wonder if Rogan could be convinced to put together his own pro pool tour?

He’s likely too busy to be bothered, but I know he loves to play pool and somewhat follows pro pool. Somebody who knows him should try to convince him

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic (Sorry 'bout that.), but y'all might enjoy this, if you haven't already seen it.
Joe Rogan impersonating Earl Strickland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0Gx8suAQs

(No replies to this, please. I don't want to be responsible for derailing the thread. … Carry on.)

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see an event like the McCreery 3c one: six champs enter; one champ leaves.

But people who earned earned millions earned dont spend earned money on things that dont make them earned money.

Keep dreaming, pool. Your prince is out there.

...and you lived happily ever after.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see an event like the McCreery 3c one: six champs enter; one champ leaves.

But people who earned earned millions earned dont spend earned money on things that dont make them earned money.

I get that, but it an article about the deal Rogan basically said he never expected to get a contract close to this much $- maybe he wouldn’t be averse to setting some aside for one of his hobbies and perhaps grow it in terms of public interest

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

especially when they have a wife. Joe knows the whole pool deal-If he wants to do something, he'll do it.

Last edited:

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a charity match that I think would draw a good crowd and the money could be donated to the COVID-19 cause or something equally worthwhile.

I'd like to see a Scotch-doubles, all-around (8 ball, 9 ball, and 10 ball) match between the team of Efren and Manny Pacquiao vs the team of Earl and Joe Rogan.

That should create some excitement, drama, and comedy all in one event.

I'm sure there are some big Hollywood Hills or Las Vegas mansions with pool tables where it could be held.

Joe Rogan has 8.41 million subscribers on Youtube, 9.4 million followers on Instagram, 2.4 million likes on his Facebook, and 6 million followers on Twitter.

That is a lot of potential viewers.

Add in Manny's, Efren's, and Earl's gangs and you have millions of possible people to tune it if it is streamed live on the internet.

I'm tasking Jay Helfert and Fatboy to set this up. I get a free ringside seat and travel for thinking it up.

Last edited:

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see a charity match that I think would draw a good crowd and the money could be donated to the COVID-19 cause or something equally worthwhile.

I'd like to see an Scotch-doubles, all-around (8 ball, 9 ball, and 10 ball) match between the team of Efren and Manny Pacquiao vs the team of Earl and Joe Rogan.

That should create some excitement, drama, and comedy all in one event.

Not a bad idea. The problem with LA, is there are no more large upscale poolrooms to hold such an event in. They used to have charity events loaded with celebs back in the day, at the Hollywood Athletic Club and Hollywood Billiards.

Sadly these rooms have been both closed for a long time.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a bad idea. The problem with LA, is there are no more large upscale poolrooms to hold such an event in. They used to have charity events loaded with celebs back in the day, at the Hollywood Athletic Club and Hollywood Billiards.

Sadly these rooms have been both closed for a long time.

I'm sure there are some big Hollywood Hills or Las Vegas mansions with pool tables where it could be held. Call up Fatboy.

Joe Rogan has 8.41 million subscribers on Youtube, 9.4 million followers on Instagram, 2.4 million likes on his Facebook, and 6 million followers on Twitter.

Add in Manny's, Efren's, and Earl's gangs and you have millions of possible people to tune it if it is streamed live on the internet.

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Rogan could be convinced to put together his own pro pool tour?

I think his money would be better spent building an upscale members only pool room with all 9' Brunswick Anniversary tables in my city. And because I thought of the idea, I naturally would be given a free membership. :)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure there are some big Hollywood Hills or Las Vegas mansions with pool tables where it could be held. Call up Fatboy.

they can play in my garage :grin:

I have a tough Valley Bar Box with 4 inch pockets! :D

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if Joe will see it or not (I doubt it), but I posted a comment under a recent (Memorial Day) YouTube video of his, with a link to this thread.

Here's the comment:
"Hey Joe:
Where ya goin' with that cue in your hand?

In case you see this Joe, I'd like you to take a glance at this thread from the AZBilliard main forum. It's about you:
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=512707 "

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzx6h2sAGTU
One can try!

Hopefully he sees it

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robb Saez knows him, grew up in the same area of the country, in the upper Northeast.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this has been talked about before on here, but I can't remember the consensus opinion. Which pool game would be most successful on TV?

Many say 8 ball because people understand that game. I somewhat agree but unless the table has very tight pockets, the pros make it look too easy.

10 ball is probably most difficult (besides 1 pocket- which hardly anybody watches even when free).

I used to like the "sudden death" 7 ball tournaments in the early 2000s on ESPN- each player is only allowed one safety per game- after that if you miss it is ball in hand. Makes for very quick action and the added pressure of significant penalty if you miss a ball.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe Rogan's podcast is my absolute favorite. Spotify got a deal for 100 mil.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
That's a great idea if you don't like money. Joe seems to be a smart business man. I doubt he would invest anything in pool other then his own personal interests in it.