Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Been think on this a long time. Who would like to see a Sub - Forum Dedicated too
View Poll Results: Anyone like to se a One - Pocket Sub-Forum
Yes 13 41.94%
No 13 41.94%
Maybe 0 0%
No Opinion 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
westcoast
AzB Silver Member
westcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-27-2020, 12:39 PM

No need for a sub-forum- why not just discuss in the main forum?

If you don't like one pocket (usually I'm not into it), just don't read the post!

This is the answer
Old
  (#17)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

This is the answer - 05-27-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Mike has already stated he isn't interested in a 1p sub forum and double what onepocket.org does.

He did not imply that his would be better or worse.

I get the sense it is out of mutual respect between Steve Booth and him.

Nothing prevents us from discussing it here though.

My understanding from what Mike said many years ago is that Mike and Steve are friends. No interest in competing with Steve. We can talk about one pocket all we want on the main forum, should be good enough!

One of the most interesting one pocket matches I have ever seen was when Nick Varner and Gabe Owens got a wedge game going. I think they went fifteen minutes or longer with neither pocketing a ball. Those that didn't understand what they were seeing would probably rather watch paint dry on a cold day.

Pool itself suffers from being much more exciting to play than to watch. One Pocket suffers from the same issue, times ten! I like playing it, has to be two very good players to enjoy watching it.

Hu

Old
  (#18)
Cuebuddy
Mini cues
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-27-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post
I would fall asleep in that forum.

Why do you guys like playing one pocket? Especially if the balls are on the other end.
Measurman was once like you.

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#19)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

05-27-2020, 01:20 PM

I voted no, because the subject of one-pocket is mainstream and has its place on the main forum. The effect of stratification for me would be less access to one pocket threads, a result I don't want.

Watching the rise of one pocket newbie Josh Filler as he tries his hand against some of the stars of the discipline is, in every sense, main forum material.

Last edited by sjm; 05-27-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Old
  (#20)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
I voted no, because the subject of one-pocket is mainstream and has its place on the main forum. The effect of stratification for me would be less access to one pocket threads, a result I don't want.

Watching the rise of one pocket newbie Josh Filler as tries his hand against some of the stars of the discipline is, in every sense, main forum material.
Well said Stu, i agree.

Old
  (#21)
Cameron Smith
is kind of hungry...
Cameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Smith has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2020, 01:55 PM

I think one pocket is sufficiently popular enough here that threads stay on the main page but not to the point where it dominates the forum.

For me, there are two reasons why you would create a separate forum. The first, is if it is such a hot button topic that it dominates the main forum to the point where everything is sort of secondary. The second is if the topic consistently gets driven off the front page and interested parties don't get a chance to see it.

14.1 fits the latter because there is a dedicated group of devotees but they are the minority. The aiming forum, at one point, fit the former because aiming threads used to just push everything off the front page.

So if neither of those things are happening, and respecting the fact that there is already an active online one pocket community, I don't think we need a separate forum.

I would kill for a nobel peace prize

Old
  (#22)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-27-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
I would like that.
You have such great ideas.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever!"

My Blog https://forums.azbilliards.com/blog.php?b=12238

Sev- It is intent that matters.

Old
  (#23)
arcstats
AzB Silver Member
arcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond reputearcstats has a reputation beyond repute

05-27-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Why do we need a sub-forum for each game?? There's already one for 14.1. What's next?? LastPocket 8ball Forum? BankPool Forum?? I don't see the need and i like the game.
Do you only support restaurants whose menu has only what you like on it? Who cares if there is another line item for 1P on the main forum menu?

Look, I have no use for 1P. However when played by professionals, it can be a thing of beauty; see the recent Filler/Chohan event. Amateurs, I'd rather watch 6 year olds play soccer. But if your pool ambitions revolve around ducking and running over 90% of the time, have at it.

Old
  (#24)
jalapus logan
pool shooter
jalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

05-27-2020, 07:04 PM

I been think a long time too and I'm a super passionate maybe but I'm open to having no opinion.

Old
  (#25)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-27-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapus logan View Post
I been think a long time too and I'm a super passionate maybe but I'm open to having no opinion.
Bananas are ripe. Lace up.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Old
  (#26)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

05-28-2020, 05:34 AM

Only if the OP agrees to be hall monitor and diplomatically usher stray threads from the main to the proper forum with unflinching vigilance.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: